TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Planet Coaster (PLC) Discussion Thread

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn this game looks amazing! I'm completely blown away by what people are creating with the alpha.

Oh, and this might be my favorite PC photo so far! The atmosphere in this shot is just wonderful!

oiNCOVvl.jpg

^ The game comes out in November?

And those images are spectacular! Can't wait for this game!

It is scheduled to launch somewhere inside Q4 2016, if everything goes well.

I'm personally waiting to get my hands on the fairy tale theme. Here is an early concept picture for some of the pieces planned for the set.

If the above gets to the game, we might be able to do Magic Kingdom properly. At least the castle textures in the concept art look to be spot on.

I absolutely love how everything seems to meld together so well in those photos. Everything seems like they actually belong next to each other, and not like they were planted there for the sake of having scenery or another attraction. Also, this game is FAR more aesthetically pleasing to the eye than RCTW (especially with the colors used).

For anyone who is currently playing the game: I have noticed that the coasters aren't all that smooth. Mostly just some rough transitions though. How difficult is it to make a coaster that's smooth, and is it really even possible at this point? I am hoping that when more updates come out that the editor get a smooth tool to help with the transitions.

For anyone who is currently playing the game: I have noticed that the coasters aren't all that smooth. Mostly just some rough transitions though. How difficult is it to make a coaster that's smooth, and is it really even possible at this point? I am hoping that when more updates come out that the editor get a smooth tool to help with the transitions.

You can build a pretty smooth coaster right now, but the builder is lacking, and the camera is bugged. Frontier has acknowledged both problems and that was one of the reasons for not wanting to even release it for testing in the first alpha (the other major reason was so that the testers focus on pathing and modular building feedback instead of building coasters).

To be more precise.

1. The POV camera exaggerates every minor bend or change in the track, it has something to do with them programming it around the actual center of gravity on the coaster car. This will change.

2. The set pieces cannot be re-sized.

3. Transitions when building are not very smooth (especially if you do changes with small track increments as pieces). There is a smooth button to alleviate that, but it is used as a stopgap right now.

4. After building your track, editing it is really fiddly.

5. Boosters don't work.

6. You cannot make your own inversions, or build at very steep angles.

Physics are pretty good right now, and the coasters behave properly when momentum, friction and weight is concerned. It is nice to see the subtle difference in the ride by adding or subtracting cars from the train.

Mechanical sounds are also good for now. Guest sounds on the coasters need work (as per Frontier).

I have a quick question or two...

If I preorder today on the frontier store for 29.99 will Ibe able to access the alpha now?

More importantly, is there a way I can run a program to make sure the game will run on my machine ?

I appreciate the help, thank you.

Hi Dante,

My specs are:

AMD FX-4100 Quadcore Processor 3.60 GHz

8 gb RAM installed memory

AMD Radeon HD 5700 series

Do you guys think it would work well? If I were to buy it today could I access the alpha or did I miss my window ?

Sadly you are below the minimum requirements. Also, to get access to the alpha you need to get the early bird package, which costs a tidy sum (75$).

I don't say this often, but here is what I would do. The alpha is already pirated, so you could check it out to see if you can run it. Be sure to buy it though if you can run it (or later down the line), I think that it is very important to vote with your wallet and support good developers making good games. It is really the only way for the industry to move forward too!

In other news...a Cool Alpine coaster I found on reddit.

And some more buildings from around the web...Asian and Viking this time. Click for full res (it really makes a difference in those).

What you can do with a single theme is bordering the ridiculous. I mean, the pirate theme can make so far:

Aztec

Italian

Mayan

Japanese

Rome

Viking

Tirol

oh...and Pirate too! lol

My Korean Samsung Gamer Yellow has held up pretty well so far but I think this one might finally be the killer game that won't run too fast. NL2 managed but I think once a park gets packed full of rides I'd need the graphics setting pretty low.

Does anyone have a promo code that I could use? I heard some people had 10% off things. I was thinking of waiting around until more features in the alpha are there before buying it, but it just looks so good I HAVE to get the full alpha (I have it pirated just to test it out).

I did have one but it expired on April the 4th. I got it one month earlier, since I was an Elite Dangerous backer. Sadly, I forgot about it until today...and even paid my own early access in full instead of applying the code...

Yeah..I'm an idiot.