TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Planet Coaster (PLC) Discussion Thread

*Phwew* Big walls of text!

Lots of you guys had valid points, and I was gonna touch base on many of them, but then I lost my train of thought somewhere in the read... So I'll leave it at this: Each game (TPS, RCTW, PC, Parkitect) has something different for different players asking for different gameplay. There's probably not gonna be "the one" to be perfect for everyone. Play whichever provides more enjoyment to you.

I do agree about the ticket booths look a bit intrusive, especially after that scenery time lapse video. Hope they give options to change or remove them altogether (leaving only that guy to stand guard near the entrance queue).

As a final note, the game play I've seen on YouTube from the alpha was the straw that broke me to finally pre-order. (Especially after seeing the other being $20 more than this...)

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Oh, yeah, I have no problem with the pricing of the final product, I just hate that preordering with the limited content, limited time alpha play included costs three times more than just getting the normal game that has all the features and you will have forever does.

Plus, I know for me it's not a matter of picking one game over the other, since they're coming out a good 10-or-so months apart. Whether or not I buy RCTW (well, I already bought it, I guess a better phrasing would be "Whether or not I ask for a refund") depends less on how it compares to Planet Coaster and more on how I feel it can hold up in these ten months (Jury's still out on that until the game releases next week I suppose. But that's for the RCTW thread).

Hey FLIPDUDE, to fill my compliment quota for the day, you have some very well-stated posts.

I really liked the initial idea of the path design, but now I can see that it might give a wonky impression of laid-down cylindrical piping in large doses. A merge path feature to widen paved areas into plazas would make things visually realistic, and truly, managing crowd flow and preventing bottle-necked peeps is an enjoyable side-dish to the challenge of building a park.

I really like the attention paid to the authenticity of sounds. We always talk about importing content, but custom music is as far as things usually go with audio importing. I'd love to have a good variety of coaster sounds, or even to have some available to download/import. Even with the newer B&Ms being more quiet, having the option of including sounds like the classic B&M roar would still make me g-e-e-k out. I much prefer variety and nuance to one clickety-clack chain lift and one whooshing sound for all coasters.

Definitely my favorite of the 3 new theme park games coming out soon.

A couple of things I don't like are the giant entrance signs to connect the queue to the main path and that the 2 coaster types having the same car types. Last thing is that element pieces are way oversized. The barrel roll is a mile long and the loop and cobra rolls are gigantic.

However, the level of detail in a pre-alpha is just stunning like on the supports and rides. I really like the path and ride pieces capabilities. Scenery capabilities look really good and the new on-ride cameras are good.

While the guests' screaming isn't nearly as bad as RCT3, it still feels a bit helium-ish, doesn't it? I want guests that sound like actual people-on-rollercoasters do :\ Not voice acting for a children's cartoon episode that happens to showcase a rollercoaster.

Also, I hope in the final version of the game you can put a path down through that ride, since in reality they tend to go over paths.

^Kraken, where's that screenshot from? In what I've seen in videos the steepness seems limited

o12BJ0J.jpg

Beautiful screenshot, my favorite yet!

I did see the bug which allows you to build steep drops. I tried it, but still could not get a realistic drop with smooth transitions. Maybe I didn't try hard enough, I will try again. Regardless, this method is stupid and janky. The bug needs to be fixed, and steep drops with auto smoothing needs to be a feature.

I was able to explore a bit more today, I really like the built in scenery items. I like how custom buildings are handled as well. I'm still no good at them, but the concept is good. I'm far from finished with this scene, but here's something I just started.

Screen1.thumb.jpg.d4ac2c97de3203b2aa27844e72f7fd0d.jpg

Screen2.thumb.jpg.2dff3f9494d223682dc16b6e2a9435ad.jpg

Screen3.thumb.jpg.3fb71d5cc49e91272d73282ece8d3a58.jpg

I really love this game. Yes its an alpha, yes there's not really much to do.. BUT There's a lot to do, and see! Animations are just awesome, The rides looks really great!!

And making a coaster here is really fun!

Cant wait to see what more they will do with this!!

image.thumb.png.1e8e62742c817c0f63a42144a7d4d79a.png

I read a lot of reviews of the alpha not having enough scenery objects or rides to be able to do or build anything significant, yet we get creations like ^^^those?! I think that is what true creativity is: taking what you have, and working with it to your advantage! I've already seen that happen in Parkitect and TPS, and now I've seen it in Planet Coaster! Now for someone to try it in RCTW...

Looks cool, worried about the theming of rides not being changeable too. As long and there is a create scenario feature and it is still hard to make a successful park like in rct2, I'm happy. Still a bit worried I'll crawl back to rct2 though

^^That guy is awesome, you should see his RCT3 videos. He has a lot of creativity, on Coaster Planet he built an Alpine Village and a Mainstreet made entirely of Pirate scenery. He really shows how easily you can blend scenery and create new things.