TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

CP or Bust: Trip Planning Advice Needed

How many of the rides worth riding go down for rain?

Top Thrill Dragster will close, Raptor will probably close... all or none of the other rides will close with no regard to the weather policy on the website, how hard it's raining, what the rain policy was the previous day, what the rain policy was 5 minutes prior or anything that might be considered consistent or logical.

One day they could run everything but Dragster in the rain, the next day they could close everything in even less rain than they had when everything was open. The inconsistency is what makes their rain policy so terrible.

With this being said though what day are you planning on going? If it's more than a few days out the forecast will probably change anyway so it's not worth worrying about.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of the rides worth riding go down for rain?

With this being said though what day are you planning on going? If it's more than a few days out the forecast will probably change anyway so it's not worth worrying about.

All day Friday the 29th and morning/afternoon on Saturday the 30th. The forecast says rain for that whole week right now.

The 29th and 30th??? LOL

They have no idea what the weather will be like 9 and 10 days from now. I promise the forecast will change about 15 times between now and then. Do yourself a favor and stop checking the weather until about 2 days before you're planning to visit, all it will do is stress you out.

At Cedar Point I always go to the parking lot in the back by Soak City and start from the back of the park. It helps because the front is very crowded in the morning and it is easier to hit some of the bigger rides.

Can the you do early entry from the back gates?

Thanks for everyones help and advice. Less that 24 hours til departure. All systems go! #stoked

(now if they could only get Wicked Twister running!)

Park in the main lot, then walk. Just follow the road, they have a walking area on the right near Blue Streak. Yes, it opens for early entry. Also, the weather looks pretty good for the 29th and 30th now with maybe just a passing storm on the 30th. See what I mean about the forecast? lol

Park in the main lot, then walk. Just follow the road, they have a walking area on the right near Blue Streak. Yes, it opens for early entry. Also, the weather looks pretty good for the 29th and 30th now with maybe just a passing storm on the 30th. See what I mean about the forecast? lol

Haha, yes I do. It changed from rain, to sun, back to rain, and back to sun in the space of about 36 hours.