TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[NL2] Kite Flyer - RLRides - POV ONLINE

This is from playing around with the new wing coaster (bandwagon I know..). I've found it hard to get a good balance and they're not the easiest to make ride well. Here's some screens of my hopefully finalised layout. I wanted something which sits nicely in the skyline and is realistic to B&M's newest generation shaping.. and a launch obvs.

An over view of most of the layout, launch, dive loop, stall dive, vertical loop, overbank, zero-g roll, air-time hill and helix can all be seen here.

Some terrain work at the entrance to the zero-g roll

The pen-ultimate element, forceful helis

Edited by Richard

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You've definitely captured the kite colors. Layout looks nice as well. You've picked a theme you can definitely go overboard with: the trains, light posts, pavement, supports, and even the station building can be themed to look like kites. I can't wait to see more of this, because I love it!

Will be releasing this ride next week on May 5th 2015.

It's almost ready to go! I've decided against using an area soundtrack. Been back and forth about what to use but tbh I found it a little annoying with Hawk having to turn my music off to prevent it all clashing, and I wanted Kite Flyer to have quite a heavy soundtrack based on music that's inspired me. So what I may do is release a spotify playlist with the ride so you can get the full vibe..if you wish. Although there is some speakers, they won't be playing music.

DOWNLOAD

RLRides & CrazyCoaster Design Presents

-Kite Flyer-

Background- This ride is inspired by competetive stunt kite flying. Prepare to enter, ride the wind and show us your moves! This is an intense ride experience with high speeds and forces, dives and twists. All entrants but be 1.4meters and not suffer from back or heart problems. All loose articles must be secure. This ride is not suitable for people who are pregnant or suffer from motion sickness or a fear of heights.

Design- Inspired by Thunderbird at Holiday World and various other modern B&Ms. I've created this ride to capture the gracefulness, intensity and openness of B&M's most recent additions. Prepare to take on the 70mph launch, 3 large scale inversions and intense corners and twists. I wanted to create a ride experience that was not only fun and intense to ride but also great to watch so it sits well in the skyline.

Elements- 70mph launch Dive Loop Stall Dive Vertical Loop Ground Hugging Turn Zero-G Roll Air-time Hill Helix Butterfly Turn Bunny Hops Final Brakes

Notes- MASSIVE Thanks to Andre (CrazyCoaster) who created the station and plaza. He's one a great job and captured exactly what this ride experience is about. Enjoy .

Here's a fabulous POV video for all you guys without NL2 or pants computers.