TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

#BanSelfieSticks - Help Us Spread The Word!

You know... I may be in the minority here... But I see NOTHING wrong with SelfieSticks......................

When they are used correctly...

And that's the problem. 99% of the people using them are doing stupid things with them. I have watched, and SEVERAL occasions someone get on a ride like Big Thunder Mountain or Expedition Everest and wave around their selfie sticks like a golf club nearing hitting people having to duck out of the way.

I'm so glad that Disney and so many other parks have banned them.

I too am glad that Disney and many other parks have ban them. There is NO reason... EVER that a SelfieStick should be on an amusement park attraction. But unfortunately people will ignorant, and at least by banning the SelifeSticks they are preventing someone from hurting themselves, or someone else!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
^I've seen this video going around. While I think the guy is a complete douche for doing it (and probably breaking some phones), these people do deserve it. We had to run selfie stick gauntlets all through NYC. It was ridiculous.

The video was just a stunt done by a comedian. Turns out the whole thing was a setup and there weren't actually phones in the cases. But it was DAMN FUNNY and a great protest against selfie sticks!

688990990_ScreenShot2016-09-04at21_01_05.png.b836d5b918293a1d5fad2b2db07dcbb2.png

• 6 months later...

I'm seeing fewer and fewer of these out in the wild now. I'm guessing people realized they were actually more of a pain in the ass than just either holding your phone out with your arm or asking someone to take a photo of you.

I rarely take pics at amusement parks at all. Let alone bring a selfiestick.(I dont even own one) Im having to much fun to take pictures!! I sometimes take pics but not all the time. When I do take pics, instead of selfies, I rather take pics of whats around me.I also took one video on my phone of Top Thrill Dragster launching but of course that as on the sideline rather then me stopping in middle of the midway and getting in peoples way. Im glad I'm not one of the people who is addicted to taking pics of myself. As I rather take pics of things much more interesting,carrying around a selfiestick would be kind of annoying, and the fact I dont want to ask random strangers to take a pic for me either. Also selfisticks seems to be more geared towards scenic site seeing vacations rather then amusement park vacations.

Sorry for my ignorance but I dont see the connection between politics and a microwave...

My guess is its a "fat joke" but since people are so PC,people get offended by fat jokes or pretty much anything these days....Although the lady isnt fat is why the joke threw my off a little. Next will be fridge on a stick! Solar powered of course..so at least they are being environmentally friendly!

Sorry for my ignorance but I dont see the connection between politics and a microwave...

My guess is its a "fat joke" but since people are so PC,people get offended by fat jokes or pretty much anything these days....Although the lady isnt fat is why the joke threw my off a little. Next will be fridge on a stick! Solar powered of course..so at least they are being environmentally friendly!

A quick google search will tell you all you need to know.

FWIW, I'm now considering that as a Halloween costume idea. Effing great.