TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

#BanSelfieSticks - Help Us Spread The Word!

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add Hersheypark to the list:

http://www.hersheypark.com/park-info/faqs.php

Use of photo arms, more commonly known as "Selfie-Sticks," is strictly prohibited on all rides and attractions at Hersheypark to ensure the safety of our guests. Selfie-Sticks should be left with a non-rider or stowed in a locker. Guests that do not comply with this policy may be subject to dismissal without refund.

it seems Disney is now officially enforcing the ban on selfie sticks while on rides in the parks:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/20/travel/feat-disney-world-selfie-stick-ban/index.html

in the article (in reference specially to Big Thunder Mountain):

The policy was enforced after the ride had to be stopped on multiple occasions due to guests hazardously pulling out the 3-foot long stick while the ride was operating.

B9ft2NlCQAEK_js.jpg:large

That picture on Luigi's Tires is so ridiculous! It is funny that people obsess so much about capturing the moment with a selfie stick that they actually miss the moment themselves. How can they enjoy the ride when they're concentrating so much on holding a selfie stick?

The UK Merlin parks have also joined the bandwagon and have specifically stated that selfie sticks are not allowed on rides. I don't know if there is much of an issue at the parks though, as I haven't spotted any being used on or off the rides on my recent visits, even though they sell them in the main shop at Alton Towers.

Source BBC News

Looks like Hershey Park has joined the movement

http://www.pennlive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2015/05/hersheypark_selfie_sticks.html

"Use of photo arms, more commonly known as "Selfie-Sticks," is strictly prohibited on all rides and attractions at Hersheypark to ensure the safety of our guests. Selfie-Sticks should be left with a non-rider or stowed in a locker. Guests that do not comply with this policy may be subject to dismissal without refund."

People are getting serious about how dangerous and obnoxious these things are at amusement parks, lol.

^ As they should!

When I see all of the photos like the one above and the one Jarmor had in his Busch Gardens Tampa report (the idiot holding one on Gwazi), I realized that it's beyond time to start pulling the plug on these at parks. People are just waaaaay too dumb for these contraptions.

The only plus I could see with these is watching the epic fail moments on You Tube where some moron using one of these falls down a flight of stairs or falls into a fountain or something because they are not paying attention (kinda like the cell phone ones).

While it would be pretty funny to watch these idiots fail, the fact that they could do harm to other innocent people because of their arrogance is what is the most disturbing.

I don't think we should ban selfies sticks from all public places, and we also shouldn't be hipsters about it...but it needs to be banned from theme parks or any other public place where it is an annoyance.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't belive to my eyes!! Someone took a Selfie Stick on a Vekoma Boomerang and a child was next to her!!!!! And she has uploaded a photo of it in on Instagram!!

Link:

image.thumb.jpg.39452eb77bba6ae55eb0d35c30413172.jpg

PS: Click on the link and watch out for my comment! ;)

GoPro actually posted a picture on their official facebook a week or two ago taken by a guy with a selfie stick on New Texas Giant. They removed it shortly after though, as they were getting absolutely slammed in the comments section. I don't think I have ever seen that amount of common sense in a facebook comments section ever before! It was one of those rare occasions where faith in humanity was a little bit restored for a moment...

^^ I noticed the kid could care less about looking at the camera. He's there for the ride!

Unlike the one holding the stick. Gotta get that shot whatever the (possible dangerous) cost, hmmm?

^ From what I can make out, the woman on the other side of the float there,

also has a selfie stick attached to a camera. But SMART WOMAN that she is,

since she's in front of her side too, why use the stick? So, it's over her

shoulder while she's actually holding on to her camera.

Good for her. She's earned a Free Churro from me!

The narcissus ignorus, commonly known as the "selfie stick", is natively found with iPhones, GoPros, Starbucks, and other distinctly hipster species.This species can be invasive, however, and has been introduced by humans into the gift shop at the exit of Intimidator 305, once a pure habitat with decent species abundant.