TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of fun/Sfstl photo trip report.

Nice report! I visited back in April, and I thought it was quite a charming park. Unfortunately, there was severe weather predicted for the afternoon, so the park decided to short staff the park. I was extremely surprised (and slightly upset) that the ONLY major closure was Boomerang. Only Six Flags would close their newest coaster...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few more shots....

2049091554_Midamerica2014728.thumb.JPG.392e7e0039e92bfa54f60ac1f3020b95.JPG

Not sure that this is a good thing to see on your way into a theme park.

554811379_Midamerica2014911.thumb.JPG.e2efd2471638b12abdec79063a346ef5.JPG

I always found this ride fun.

1648876431_Midamerica2014802.thumb.JPG.2751cb3366ef877d7ad8a8a1d237beef.JPG

I love a good a log flume ride. I hate to see this type of ride starting to vanish from a lot of parks.

671734825_Midamerica2014895.thumb.JPG.544ee5ef5273efaf6f7099d1587cb3a0.JPG

These touch screen info kiosks are pretty cool.

1476844256_Midamerica2014913.thumb.JPG.02f12385956405fc06d55ded7ef8e2e9.JPG

This is the parks choo choo train

1815486819_Midamerica2014904.thumb.JPG.a18177e871eb5ff0ae5c559b08b553f2.JPG

A closeup of Mr freeze

1442791675_Midamerica2014856.thumb.JPG.e8b9ef4d98c33e92b31beb5ae7eb3369.JPG

This ride is about as much fun as son of beast was.

1417052115_Midamerica2014839.thumb.JPG.2f8853fc4e3f399bc23393bac935baf7.JPG

Some parks have gum walls, but six flags has rubber bracelet roof.

1769136584_Midamerica2014830.thumb.JPG.c09d406e5a4be9074740848d1a4fedb7.JPG

While waiting for the train, you can wait in one of the old barrel ride tubs.

86657738_Midamerica2014771.thumb.JPG.34f9a787dea8f95f8474bad91160dec3.JPG

Vaping section?

1175687189_Midamerica2014918.thumb.JPG.856c11bb17a8f0e22e7a9942ac56ad02.JPG

Part of the compact layout of Batman

1708601513_Midamerica2014812.thumb.JPG.894d4377c38169c32b0d37709bf2b6fe.JPG

It's nice that the park has a car ride, but if you blink while your on it you will miss the entire ride. We navigated the entire layout of this ride in maybe a min or less.

1327740798_Midamerica2014813.thumb.JPG.32eab6ef51ff3204630a49092d7891a8.JPG

One last look at the best coaster in the park.

1688442008_Midamerica2014775.thumb.JPG.1c3794ed1df80333d8ede94cd0ed00c9.JPG

This will be replaced with superhero theaming this year.

600647921_Midamerica2014893.thumb.JPG.4c1f22a7dcc7c8644f39d48a1e4cc89d.JPG

A look at one of the tight turns on ninja.

766138541_Midamerica2014886.thumb.JPG.39565fcd6017f6eae99d5bfc681c7083.JPG

That's all...hope you enjoyed the report.

Nice report! I visited back in April, and I thought it was quite a charming park. Unfortunately, there was severe weather predicted for the afternoon, so the park decided to short staff the park. I was extremely surprised (and slightly upset) that the ONLY major closure was Boomerang. Only Six Flags would close their newest coaster...

Boomerang was actually closed most/all of April because we were waiting for a part to be shipped from Vekoma. I can't remember the exact timeline of how long it was closed, but I believe it was all of April. However, it has been much more reliable this year with the new part. I'm sure there's some reason behind it, but I found it to be funny how there were problems with a Boomerang...in 2013. I'm not sure who you talked to as each department does their own staffing, some departments have a harder time getting staff in April and August. Either way, hopefully it wasn't too much of an inconvenience, and you were still able to have fun.

Addressing the TR:

With Xcalibur, a lot of people love the ride, and the capacity is great, but it is the least reliable in the park. When it opened at SFGAdv, after being used as a traveling carnival ride in Europe, only two people on the entire payroll knew how to operate it. The ride was only operating for around 10% of the season. When it was moved to SFSL, an entirely new control system was devised allowing it to be operated like other flat rides. However, even years later, it is still closed a lot. Thanks to the park's maintenance team though, it is usually open.

Also, with the comment on the log flume, in case anyone was wondering, the log flume will be around for a long time. Hopefully you had a good time overall to the point where you'll come back in the future, and thanks for taking the time to put the trip report together!

Boomerang was actually closed most/all of April because we were waiting for a part to be shipped from Vekoma. I can't remember the exact timeline of how long it was closed, but I believe it was all of April. However, it has been much more reliable this year with the new part. I'm sure there's some reason behind it, but I found it to be funny how there were problems with a Boomerang...in 2013. I'm not sure who you talked to as each department does their own staffing, some departments have a harder time getting staff in April and August. Either way, hopefully it wasn't too much of an inconvenience, and you were still able to have fun.

I can confirm Boomerang was closed in April for minor technical difficulties, we had plenty of staffing for it, actually we had no staffing issues in April that I can remember of.

From what I remember being told by some random manager-looking person walking around that the closure was because of a small number of guests that morning and the ride ops were sent home. If more guests arrived, they would open it up later in the day. I've heard that excuse from other Six Flags parks before, so I didn't take much issue from it (Although it is fairly irritating that I missed the credit).

Based on all your pics, you caught each park with no crowds...during the week?

Agree with all your SFStL comments...there is a reason there is never a line for Ninja...and the Boss nearly killed me...

That was the first pic of SE that I've seen from that angle that shows how far the Boomerang rises towards it...not sure I like that visual now or not...

Based on all your pics, you caught each park with no crowds...during the week?

Agree with all your SFStL comments...there is a reason there is never a line for Ninja...and the Boss nearly killed me...

That was the first pic of SE that I've seen from that angle that shows how far the Boomerang rises towards it...not sure I like that visual now or not...

I was kinda surprised that the park were that slow. We went the week of the 4th of july, and were expecting the worst.

^ The local police are allowed to patrol the park and assist park security. It makes a good deterinet. The small track for the Moon Cars is something the park president wants to fix, but finding a some what flat piece of land for them Is very difficult. He is also working one getting the park a signature steal coaster, corporate just has sent one our way yet. Sounds like you had a good time. Be sure to come back next year for Justice League Battle for Metropolis.

Wasn't half of the track shortened to make room for American Thunder?

In reference to SFSTL, we're missing Major Steel or Iron Boss. By major steel, I mean mostly a hyper. Neither one will probably ever happen. I'm native to the STL area and I haven't been to the park in over three years. We were all hopeful for Iron Boss, but we've been told by reliable park employees that the park manager has no plans for that. There are also no plans major steel thrill addition, at least within the foreseeable future. I'm still jaded over Mr. Freeze being turned backwards. Out of my 150 credits, it would still be one of my favorites today if it had not been altered. I loved the hell out of it, but when they turned it backwards it completely ruined the experience for me. Although from the sounds of it the majority of the public enjoyed the change, backwards launches do nothing for me. I saw it as nothing but a typical SF gimmick to try to market an old attraction as a new attraction.

Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

This park has really never been on my radar since they seem to be lacking in the steel coaster department. You can always count on a Batman clone to be awesome but since there are so many of them it would be nice if they had something unique to really draw people to the park. Of course this is coming from an enthusiast perspective but I'd love for them to eventually get a B&M hyper or something to give me an excuse to make a trip out there. Right now the only way I see this happening is if we decide to do a SFSTL, SDC and Worlds of Fun trip (with Silver Dollar City and visiting the city of St. Louis being the real reasons for the trip).

You should check out STL. The city and everything is very awesome. I believe there is a St Louis Cardinal/6 Flags package that would be very much worth it and help encompass all of the STL areas. SFStL is located about 30-35 mins west of downtown in the outskirts of the St Louis county.......aside from SFStL, the Eureka area where it's located is rather event-less and nothing to do. If coming from Branson, where SDC is, SFStL would be before you hit the city.

Hah... The city has a few highlights, but I wouldn't call it amazing by any stretch. If you are forced to come here, check out the zoo, city museum, and if you can stay awake through America's most boring and lazy sport catch a Cardinals game.

Bill, if you ever do make the mistake of coming to STL, get a hold of me ahead of time. I know a lot of good restaurants and bars to recommend. Maybe the wife and I could make a trip across the river and we could all grab a beer.

Do most people not like The Boss? I hadn't read anything about before I visited the park last spring. I thought it was pretty fun! I sat in the front row, so I don't know if that helped. I remember it being pretty fast.

The boss is one of the worst wooden coasters I have been on. At no point during the ride was it not painful. I think it says a lot when people are holding there necks and they have a wheelchair sitting at the rides exit.

The walkway to get to the ride is no fun either.

1754569544_Midamerica2014859.thumb.JPG.5b3b6bb03090c1983e58e2522b5fba8d.JPG

Looks like fun to me

1959031559_Midamerica2014858.thumb.JPG.bc65817e0c9db089f7d80788c6169bb8.JPG

How many other coasters have a wheelchair at it's exit?

1972248160_Midamerica2014855.thumb.JPG.176f6fdeadb624f4543a56bed4b4c8fa.JPG

The long walkway to the station has no shade and plenty of bees .

The Boss was absolutely horrible this year. Last year I rode it at least 10 times (including the filming of Insane Coaster Wars), this year I rode it once at the beginning of the year and didn't go near it again. Still praying for Iron Boss, but yeah, it's getting doubtful that it'l ever happen.

Before I rode the Boss, I figured that people just whined too much about how rough it was. At the bottom of the first drop, I quickly realized that I was wrong! Damn, that thing is awful! It has SUCH a promising layout. I wish the park would replace those god awful Gerstlauer trains and get real ones. It wouldn't be smooth, but it would be a hell of a lot better than it is now.