TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

CoasterDynamix Nano Coasters

Do you know what percentage of the population knows that a wooden coaster doesn't have B&M track? Do you know how many people even know who B&M is? We learned a long time ago that making expensive working models for enthusiasts is a losing proposition on many levels. First we get criticized for any number of things regarding realism...just like you did in your previous post. Second, the demographic of who a Phoenix appeals to is more than happy to point out what we need to improve, yet don't even have the money to buy one. I can sell wooden coasters to the model train enthusiasts all day long. They don't complain about realism and they don't whine about the price. Why would I continue to chase a market that can't afford a product they don't even like? By the way, it doesn't matter if other people on here agree with you. Rallying support on a site catering to coaster enthusiasts will certainly get you supporters. Ask the same question on a model train site and they will laugh at you.

I'm an enthusiast, but I'm also a businessman. I know what type of track is on a wooden coaster. For goodness sake, my business partner designs real roller coasters for a living. If he thinks it is fine why should you care if we use B&M track on a wooden coaster? We use what will work and what is easy to build. None of my current customers are complaining about it.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Jack 100%.

People complained because the Scorpion was too hard to put together. People complained that the Phoenix was too rigid. Use the rigid parts for lift hills, brake runs, stations, etc.

1962752_10203241912630770_3541428393384542367_n.jpg?oh=f73ffdcad8de2b7aa3bcabd5830bfc6f&oe=5577B374&__gda__=1430882891_7b1da0055dae1d7733c316bbe2bdd664

10437400_10203241911870751_8415550863318439650_n.jpg?oh=4943dfb164d52cf12a8d5ae6bb4aa024&oe=554B6F6E

Here I used 3 or 4 of the "up bends" to make the crest of the lift.

1899893_10203241911110732_8163104490496384650_n.jpg?oh=ee0b594e74ad7a8a32658b810a64e935&oe=55883215&__gda__=1433912994_cfe566b636e791f8e86ca21c001f15be

(I will be making a new thread for my Banshee model, but I am posting to make a point.)

I am a long time CoasterDynamix user. I actually just purchased my first product in a couple years though. I bought the racing Nano Coaster the other day. I will probably purchase more as they become available.

I disagree that the O scale wooden models can not be customized. It is WOOD. Wood can be cut. The track can bend to just about any shape. For what you get, I think the price is pretty great.

What other company makes REALISTIC working roller coaster models that actually run? Faller? Okay, but they do not work as well as CoasterDynamix models. K-nex? Those aren't models, they're toys.

They aren't customizable though like the Phoenix and Sidewinder and Scorpion are. The phoenix was actually the most realistic, with a working station, opening restraints, and even station brakes. The O Scale Woodens are also much more expensive than a scorpion or a phoenix. They don't look correct. (B&M Track supported by wood) B&M's aren't wooden!! The Phoenix looks very accurate to a real B&M Sitdown. I'd do ANYTHING to get my hands on a phoenix, and I'm sure many more around here can vouch for me as well.

Keep checking Ebay then. That's how I purchased my sets. I also agree with Jack, whats the point of selling a product only a select few want. Coasterdynamix seems like they are making money off the wooden coasters and other little models they are selling so they are more then likely going to stick to doing that., If I were running the business I do the same thing. Does it suck they dont sell them anymore, yeah. But to berate the owner of the company because they don't sell something that doesn't make them money is foolish.

I agree with B&M boy 100% (awesome Banshee model by the way! Can't wait to see your thread), I have always been pleased with CD products, and made both working dive machine and wing rider coasters using the flexible sections from the inverted model, and the Phoenix parts for lift, turnaround and the long sections for station and brake runs. The lego conversion kit is a lot of fun too! (For those of us who have thousands of old lego pieces in their basements from their childhood like me )

My nano coaster arrived today, I put it together I'm about half an hour. Very easy, I reccomend pliers for precise bends. Luckily it is easy to take apart as I will be painting it soon. Jack, thanks for an awesome affordable product that looks sharp and is easy to assemble. Very much looking forward to Fury 325 and hopefully more B&M nanos!

image.thumb.jpg.ec73ba2183837f44d53daabb8c8efe1a.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.5063232e4c70f2ecb29ef6e7614fa2dd.jpg

See B&MBoy1982's model? (AKA flboy1982 on youtube) That is what I'm talking about. That is a REAL model. Why don't you guy's sell those anymore? I mean these are cool and all, but couldn't you guys sell both these and the scorpion/phoenix type models?

Also, for you all who continue to complain at me: Go try to complain at me on NLE and CC and see what happens. Or whine at me on my youtube channel. I'm a veteran there, and dam well respected there. So I KNOW what I am doing pretty dam well.

Also, for you all who continue to complain at me: Go try to complain at me on NLE and CC and see what happens. Or whine at me on my youtube channel. I'm a veteran there, and dam well respected there. So I KNOW what I am doing pretty dam well.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Cool Story

Got my Nano Coaster today, and had it together in about 15 minutes. Real easy to complete, and worth every penny.

I want MORE! Banshee needs her own Nano coaster! I will DEFINITELY be getting the Fury 325 Nano once it becomes available.

11049512_10204173939850868_6815629892968806352_n.jpg?oh=1ea831e16a72cbeca42f32510c076c3d&oe=558FF675&__gda__=1434106211_461d60b1420cf7f9868a9d60c5630f9e

See B&MBoy1982's model? (AKA flboy1982 on youtube) That is what I'm talking about. That is a REAL model. Why don't you guy's sell those anymore? I mean these are cool and all, but couldn't you guys sell both these and the scorpion/phoenix type models?

Some people just don't GET it.

Got my Nano Coaster today, and had it together in about 15 minutes. Real easy to complete, and worth every penny.

I want MORE! Banshee needs her own Nano coaster! I will DEFINITELY be getting the Fury 325 Nano once it becomes available.

Looks great, I ordered mine yesterday. Looking forward to having it placed ony my desktop.

Hello,

Well, i've given thought to what i've said, and I'm sorry everyone for all the ruckus i've created. I hope you all can forgive me. I actually just bought me a nanocoaster (I'm going to paint it like the Racers at Kings Island if that is possible) for my desktop, along with my currently owned Scorpion. I also just forked out the cash for a O Scale Comet and a O Scale Big Dipper to go with my HO Comet. (I currently own a Phoenix, Sidewinder, Scorpion, Dragon, and HO Scale Comet.) (The updated collection will consist of Phoenix, Sidewinder, Scorpion, Dragon, HO Scale Comet, O Scale Comet, NanoCoaster (Painted to be the Racers at Kings Island), and a Big Dipper) I'm sorry you guys for all of the hate I've done, and I hope i can make it up to you all. Yes, i acted like an a** and shouldn't have done that.

Deepest condolences,

Ibanez. (IbanezCoaster)

PS: Check out some of my No Limits Coasters!:

http://nolimits-exchange.com/user/ibanez/826

Here is my youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Marci19177

Here is my NoLimitsExchange account:

http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/account.php?u=287

You can find me on CoasterCrazy as well, but you get the point.

I hope i can make it up to you all, and i hope you all can forgive me.

Sincerely,

Ibanez. (IbanezCoaster)

Hello,

Well, i've given thought to what i've said, and I'm sorry everyone for all the ruckus i've created. I hope you all can forgive me. I actually just bought me a nanocoaster (I'm going to paint it like the Racers at Kings Island if that is possible) for my desktop, along with my currently owned Scorpion. I also just forked out the cash for a O Scale Comet and a O Scale Big Dipper to go with my HO Comet. (I currently own a Phoenix, Sidewinder, Scorpion, Dragon, and HO Scale Comet.) (The updated collection will consist of Phoenix, Sidewinder, Scorpion, Dragon, HO Scale Comet, O Scale Comet, NanoCoaster (Painted to be the Racers at Kings Island), and a Big Dipper) I'm sorry you guys for all of the hate I've done, and I hope i can make it up to you all. Yes, i acted like an a** and shouldn't have done that.

Deepest condolences,

Ibanez. (IbanezCoaster)

PS: Check out some of my No Limits Coasters!:

http://nolimits-exchange.com/user/ibanez/826

Here is my youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Marci19177

Here is my NoLimitsExchange account:

http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/account.php?u=287

You can find me on CoasterCrazy as well, but you get the point.

I hope i can make it up to you all, and i hope you all can forgive me.

Sincerely,

Ibanez. (IbanezCoaster)

When did you order an O gauge Comet and Big Dipper? I don't see an order.

Would you guys be opposed to sharing some of the other Nano coaster options coming in the line up? I know Fury 325 is one, plan to buy that one too lol. I definitely owned the Dragon, Scorpion, and bought several Statix trains, looking forward to collecting these as well!

^I haven't ordered yet, but I will sometime in the next few days. Sorry, I meant that I put the money in my bank account to order the model. I will order it sometime in the next few days. My bad for the confusion.

Still haven't seen an order. Are you sure you are getting these?