TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT2] Windsor Park

Hey everyone. I've seen some other folks share their progress as they build a park, and I figured it'd be fun to do as well as interesting to hear some suggestions from other people. I haven't actually played this game in two years and before that I never recall being very good at it either, so this isn't going to be one the most impressive parks you'll ever see. I'm gonna be mostly using scenery from the main game but I've also got a bunch of scenery from the expansion packs and custom scenery to kinda spice things up a bit.

A thing I'm planning to do is divide the park up into walled off "kingdoms" which each have their own theme. The ones I'm planning to include are:

Garden Kingdom

Medieval Kingdom

Asian Kingdom

Caribbean Kingdom

Roman Kingdom - I'm not sure about this one yet.

I've started working on the first two of the list, and I'm gonna be setting things up for the Carribean Kingdom very soon. I'm not trying to rush through, I just like to have the option to work on whatever area I feel like, rather than doing one at a time. Anyway, here's some screenshots!

Admittedly, I think I could have done better on the entrance, but it is what it is. My idea is to eventually get to editing the land and scenery around the entrance to give it a bit more life. I'll put up some better images to show off the entrance building later (cause I'm too lazy right now) but I can tell you that I've got a couple shops, a motion simulator, and a cinema set up inside of it.

The first area upon leaving the entrance building. I'm trying go for a very inviting, town like look for this area. I might eventually replace those custom buildings for my own, but like everything else here, there's a ton of work left to be done in this place.

Cliffside Karts is a ride that's coming along pretty nicely. I do think there's more potential for detail here. I wanna blend it it in a bit more with the landscape, and give it a more defined look, seeing as it's sort of strange mixture of things right now. Still though, I like it for what it is.

Medieval Kingdom here. I like to think of this as the "peasant's area" or something. I'm going for a very crammed, shabby look here. Will probably be seeing a lot of changes here.

And here's my first work on the castle area of the kingdom. The coaster is called Castle Siege and I'm happy with what I'm fairly happy with what I've done to it so far.

That's about it for now. There's not really an significant structures yet, and plenty stuff left to polish. Again, I'd love to hear some suggestions/tips anyone is willing to share. I'd also really like to know how people make their hills? I'm assuming they're using some kind of trainer, because some parks have enormous, natural looking hills that feel like they'd have to have taken hours of extreme patience to be made.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic