TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dining out.

spike

We all do alot ot traveling, some "ALOT" more then others. Where does everyone like to eat out. I personaly Love Cracker Barrel and The olive garden. Good food and Good prices. But is there better? Being from Canada where not as familiar with restaurants in the U S. Motels are easy, "whatever is like $20-$30". You guys have it soooooo good down there.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cracker Barrel... so good. I love Red Lobster too..

Cracker Barrel has a cool thing where you can pay full price for an audio CD book and you can return it at any Cracker Barrel and get the whole amount back other than like.. $3.50 a week. Really good for long distance drives when you get tired of listening to music.

Eric

We don't do a lot of eating out on our coasters trip. We stick to mainly fast food, something simple like local chinese food place, etc.

When we do eat out it's usually at a Carrabba's and we always find out where locations are nearby our stops.

--Robb

When we were in Florida during the summer of 2001, my husband's relatives took us to CiCi's. We are just now getting them here in the Cincinnati area and I have to say, they are pretty awesome. Perfect for you hungry guys (and girls) on a budget. All you can eat pizza, pasta and salad (buffet style) for $3.99. Drinks are unlimited refills for about $1.50, so it's basically all you can eat for about $6... The usually have about 20 different kinds of pizza out at once, including dessert pizza, brownies and sticky buns.

Shari "A pizza buffet is my husband's idea of heaven" Shoufler

After a few hard lessons (most notably a horrible family italian restaurant in williamsburg), I have found it is best to stick with the chains. I usually do:

Olive Garden / Red Lobster / Smokie Bones / Bahama Breeze

Cracker Barrel

Bob Evans

Eat and Park (in PA)

... and I agree with Robb. Carrabba's Rules. I used to live by a ton of them in Tampa and now there is not one in my entire STATE!

Cracker Barrel, mmmmmmmm.

We also love Sonic, TGI Friday's, Outback,

cafe tutu tango, and Krispy Kreme.

I was reading over at W.C.net abotu Ohana, has anyone dined there? Is it worth the price. We're going to be in Orlando in June and I'm thinking we might stop in for a bite.

Ohana's is definitely worth it!!! I barely even eat anything there but it's still so much fun and great food and atmosphere!!! Make a priority seating as the restaurant is very busy!

Elissa "I always end up eating plain pasta!" Alvey

• 10 months later...
We don't do a lot of eating out on our coasters trip. We stick to mainly fast food, something simple like local chinese food place, etc.

When we do eat out it's usually at a Carrabba's and we always find out where locations are nearby our stops.

--Robb

Did you guys try the original Carrabba's location when you were in Houston? There are two that are still owned and operated by the family. A bit different than all the others, which are some sort of partnership with the Outback parent company. Different menu items, different bread, etc.

I hope you did, because I guess there's little reason for you to return to Houston nowadays...

'Ohana is my second favorite restaurant in Disney World. I've eaten there probably 5 or 6 times and it is worth every penny they charge for it! And on my last trip, they were tremendous about working the menu around my allergy to pineapple. They recently changed the menu, and though some people complained, I thought it was even better than before! I've eaten there on every trip recently and will continue to go there.

Outside of Disney, I like chain Mexican restaurants and any chinese buffets because I've found that it's pretty hard to truly screw those up. Chevy's is my favorite of the Mexican chains. I also like Olive Garden, TGI Fridays, Chilis, Logans and (when in Canada) Swiss Chalet.

-Julie

The Cheesecake Factory is a very good chain. I also like Carabba's and The Ram. Charelston's in a relevantly unknown, but very good, chain and O'Charleys is a good place if you are in the midwest or certain areas of the east coast. I also really like Max & Erma's. Also, I always go to some Starbucks wherever I go to add to my count.

I have tendency to try to stay away from chains when I travel. I have found some good places this way that are only available in that place. These places can be expensive and nice or informal and cheap. Atwood Cafe in Chicago is a great example and it is always something special when I go to Chicago. Max's in San Francisco is also good, as well as Coconut's Grill in Fort Myers, Florida.

The Cheesecake Factory is a very good chain.....

I've been to at least a dozen Cheesecake Factory locations (including Indianapolis a couple of times). Great pizza & salad lunch special. I've mostly visited for lunch, but arrived in Providence fairly late at night and hit that one right near the capitol. I think most of them are open until 11:00 pm or later.

All this love for "Cracker Barrel" makes me think our visit was a fluke - my finace' and I went to a CB near "Six Flags: Great Adventure" last year, and both ended-up violently sick. I pooped for over six hours, and she threw-up several times.

I'd never had CB before, and she's only had it a handful of times in her life, but we basically swore off of it; seeing the raves here, though, was it maybe just cuz it was in Jersey?