TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought it was fun. it almost rides like a smooth woody. the first drop past the hotel and into the tunnel is cool, and then the final helix inside the fake mountain and around the log flume is great and suprisingly fast. it's been 2 or 3 years since i rode it, but i remember liking it. also, you board inside the air conditioned hotel and the lift exits the hotel through the roof. i remember being overcome by the intense nevada heat as we exited the hotel. it was like riding a coaster into a sauna!

the "park" itself is strange, though. when i was there, it was empty. i mean, we were practically the only 2 on every train or every log or every car of everything, and all the employees were russian or georgian, or something. not that that matters, it was just a strange atmosphere.

by the way, i have the same calendar.

Yeah, First time I rode it, it was smooth. most at the time complained of how it threw you to the side at the top of the second hill.

Years later it just got wierd bumpy. so wierd that it is dificult to explain what i felt. it was like perfectly spaced bumps to me thru the bottoms of the drops.

Also what had me unimpressed was, the best part for me was the first two drops and the helix. the rest felt like just a bunch of bunny hills for a loooong run. To me a big waste of what could have been some nice drops.

It certainly was a nice fun ride.

Guess I have to agree that today, not so good anymore

Desperado is a fun ride. Theres no airtime and it vibrates alot. But its still fun, the main part of the ride is Speed and the first drop. My friend Alisa thought it was really rough, but I thought it wasn't that bad. Espeacilly after going on Manhurtin Express.

Kevin"If you're going to Vegas, do Speed"Bujold

rode it in June 05 and thought it was great fun. A bit like a bucking broncho, you have to go on a few times and learn how to master it! - it runs very fast, but definately had some airtime (but really that was more throwing you out type of airtime - not gliding quality airtime).