TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Avalanche's LOOPING Vertical Drop Water Slide!

I'd definitely ride it, if one were to be located somewhere I was going already. However, I don't care for the cylinder ride "vehicle"... Wake me up when somebody invents a body slide that can safely circumnavigate a vertical loop!

This... Also the capacity seems like it'll be horrific

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure there's crapload of engineering and safety on this ride, but just the thought of one of these capsules coming down the runout upside down would turn me of from riding it.

Maybe in a few years when I have seen them operating for a while.

At least if it all goes horribly wrong you're already in a coffin.

After re-watching the video, I have determined that there is no way in hell you would ever get me on that slide. There is just to much restraining you.

I’ve ridden it. The drop is insanely scary, the loop is a disorienting blur and it is surprisingly very smooth.

Smooth? Not something I'd expect from this thing, but I'll take your word on it. The video about it puts me on the edge for many of the same reasons listed from others... but the creator(s), the German TV guy, and you have survived it. That's enough for me to give to a try, as terrified as I may be.

I'm not terrified by the concept of this ride like many others in this thread apparently are, I'm just astounded by the fact that the designers ever even thought this was a good business idea. It has to be the most terrible loading process I've ever seen in my life. Verruckt had enough problems with their horrible capacity, but Verruckt will look like it has the people-eating capability of a Disney park compared to this.

Yet another unfortunate case of "cool idea, absolutely horrific execution."

^Someone's gotta come up with the concept before it can be perfected. I applaud both for attempting something new and not copy-pasted in various forms and angles at different parks. On the flip side, I do think it would have been smarter to hold off on selling any of these to redesign a better capsule.