TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Avalanche's LOOPING Vertical Drop Water Slide!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This will probably be the most intense water slide ever, even more intense than the 168ft one!

If that 6g claim is to be believed, then it would be one of the most intense rides in general, let alone water slide.

but you are on your back so it won't feel like say shockwave at sfot 6g loop. More surface area may mean less pressure. Eh, if only this and Verrückt made a demon baby!

This looks like a cool ride but to me something about it makes the ride unappealing. I'm not sure if its the fact that you're riding in an enclosed capsule on a water park attraction or the fact that it pulls some extreme g-force (it's rare for coasters to go above 4-4.5, so 6 is crazy), but it really looks like something I'd ride once for the experience and then go back to more traditional water park attractions.

hey everyone thanks for the love. my name is Lance Fisher and i am the designer of the Skycaliber and also the first person in history to ride a 90 degree free fall in a water slide. i can assure you its perfectly safe... i have rode it successfully 10 times to date. it is an adrenaline pumping experience but the roller coaster influenced harness keeps you perfectly safe. the patented raft is perfectly sized to the flume and allows us to do crazy things like 90 degree drops or even beyond, verticle loops and axial rotations inside the tube. the aluminum frame is covered in nylon mesh that allows you to get splashed and there is no risk of drowning as the water levels are too low even if inverted. ps this ride is actually partially inspired by action park as i was aware of the cannonball loop when i dreamt up the vehicle and realized it would solve the injury issue

raft is not constrained as it is free to spin inside the tube. but it does have multiple points of contact around the circircumference that provides a stable ride path in any orientation... including complete inversion and free fall. think of a greater than 90 degree drop as a loop in the other direction.

hey everyone thanks for the love. my name is Lance Fisher and

... and welcome to Jackass.

I heard you had that idea from a nightmare, and yup, it does make sense. Do you plan having a trap-door capsule at the top or you'll keep the curve like on the prototype?

Having a transparent tube on the vertical drop would be also a sick idea.

thank you and that is correct. i was designing a trap door launch capsule and had a nightmare where it broke away and i went down the slide inside the capsule. there is current plans for both straight conveyor launch and a more extreme tip up and drop launch system. we provide a translucent fiberglass option right now and have plans for clear acrylic tubing in the near future.

Having a transparent tube on the vertical drop would be also a sick idea.

If you constrained the raft by its four corners, you wouldn't even need a full tube. It could just slide down an open set of rails during the vertical drop! Then you could make it do a twist on the way down. At that that point, you'd basically have a pipeline coaster without wheels. Or you could add wheels and call it the world's first recumbent aqua bobsled coaster with a vertical drop. lol

At what point are water slides not really water slides? I mean you have to get into a capsule to ride.

My guess is that since you still walk up a tower and slide down the slide and not have a powered lift hill or speed boosters that it is a slide and not a ride or water coaster. Inner tubes and rafts can go down water slides but this one needs OTRs and extra padding because you are going to land on your face when you stall out half way up the loop

^Log flumes fit that too.

At what point are water slides not really water slides? I mean you have to get into a capsule to ride.

I know, right? I mean, it's obviously very exiting to see something like this getting built and the "burn-free" feature is nice but it's not quite the same as a "pure" slide where you ride on your own.

^^^^^^^^Definition of a water slide:

A water slide (also referred to as flumes, water chutes, or hydroslides) is a type of slide designed for warm-weather or indoor recreational use at water parks. Water slides differ in their riding method and therefore size. Some slides require riders to sit directly on the slide, or on a raft or tube designed to be used with the slide.

Anyway back to topic.