TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Avalanche's LOOPING Vertical Drop Water Slide!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks intriguing...I decided to look at their website to see if it had more info, and I found this:

Looks like the slide would use this "raft" in a similar manner to those back pads Aqualoops sometimes use, albeit beefed up. This would fall in line with the "no skin contact with fiberglass" and "Burn Free Guarantee" claimed by the manufacturer, as well as the need for an "integrated conveyor system".

I'm genuinely confused how a slide can have a vertical drop (and not just that, a vertical drop without a trap door) without the riders coming up off the slide

The rider is secured inside that raft capsule thing, so instead of lifting up off the slide you would just fall into the harness. Hopefully the capacity won't suffer too much as a result of the restraint system.

Now what I really want to see is a "train"-style raft. Imagine the ejector air you'd get in the back of a 3-person raft!

Action Park is a shadow of what it used to be, but it still is a fantastic water park with a dash of "I might die right now." They have 25 foot cliff jumps, a "family" raft ride that feels like they laid down tarp down a mountain, and other crazy stuff.This type of slide would be awesome there and could start rebuilding their reputation as an insane water park.

For those not familiar, this was built at the park many moons ago and only operated for a short time.

For more info you can check out this page http://www.sky-chaser.com/coasters.htm or just google around.

Looks intriguing...I decided to look at their website to see if it had more info, and I found this:

Looks like the slide would use this "raft" in a similar manner to those back pads Aqualoops sometimes use, albeit beefed up. This would fall in line with the "no skin contact with fiberglass" and "Burn Free Guarantee" claimed by the manufacturer, as well as the need for an "integrated conveyor system".

Yep, it looks like that is probably what you'd be riding on while on this slide. It looks a bit gimmicky, but nonetheless lots of fun for sure, especially with that vertical drop, and I'd certainly ride one if there was one near me.

Once the big news networks get ahold of this, I can't wait to see how the GP reacts .

Using a little vehicle like that is smart for being able to have a truly vertical drop experience and the standard loop orientation. Something about being stuck in that device and drowning scares me though if there's a blockage or something crazy!

That would be my biggest concern too. But I am sure they thought of that...or so we hope!