TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Switchback Roller Coaster at ZDT`s Amusement Park

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see someone give their indoor woodie concept a try.

I do that every night.

You pickin up what I'm putting down?

The double entendre?

Eh? Eh?

I'll see myself out...

I don't see why a park would find that appealing. There are plenty of types of coasters (wild mouse, spinning coaster, launched steel coasters) that could (and already do) go through a building and not need as much maintenance or retracking as a wooden coaster would. Not to mention, a wooden coaster would be a lot noisier inside of a building than a steel coaster would. Well, except for B&Ms...

^^^

It's useful for parks that want a worlds first (pretty much every Six Flags part or Cedar Fair park)

But there is already an indoor wooden roller coaster:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=25&linkid=166

You got me there

Hmm. Id bet that they would still find a way to find a record for an indoor woodie (like Valravn's 10 records ). Like largest indoor wooden coaster drop!

Also that ride is so much like a dark ride even though its a coaster. The people who made it mustve thought: "Lets make a dark ride thats also a credit!"

• 2 weeks later...
^^^

It's useful for parks that want a worlds first (pretty much every Six Flags part or Cedar Fair park)

But there is already an indoor wooden roller coaster:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=25&linkid=166

You got me there

Hmm. Id bet that they would still find a way to find a record for an indoor woodie (like Valravn's 10 records ). Like largest indoor wooden coaster drop!

Also that ride is so much like a dark ride even though its a coaster. The people who made it mustve thought: "Lets make a dark ride thats also a credit!"

Give it another 10-15 years and with all of Prudential's whining and complaining Gold Striker at CGA will probably be an "indoor" coaster.

I got the chance to go to ZDT's last Saturday. Switchback is amazing, I can't decide how to rank it. The first drop is great, the airtime is powerful, and holy crap that speed. The return trip is the only thing that stands in the way of it getting a near-perfect score, but is still really fun. Great investment for the park.

(Also, the go-karts haul some serious bouncer)

• 2 weeks later...
I got the chance to go to ZDT's last Saturday. Switchback is amazing, I can't decide how to rank it. The first drop is great, the airtime is powerful, and holy crap that speed. The return trip is the only thing that stands in the way of it getting a near-perfect score, but is still really fun. Great investment for the park.

(Also, the go-karts haul some serious bouncer)

Yeah nice to have another small park in San Antonio, I imagine some other coaster being built in this park though not an B&M cause it would be really expensive, but It would make this park have a few coasters but so small, & i kind of wish Houston would get something like this especially Kemah but we have Boardwalk Bullet!

I don't think another coaster would fit tbh. The park is already really full and jam-packed as it takes up about as much space as the parking lot of a small Walmart. If they could fit and afford another coaster it would be amazing though.

Did Grona Lund teach us nothing?

Then cut that in quarters and add a water park, go-karts, a drop tower, a mini-frisbee, and Switchback.