TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IAAPA 2014 Live Coverage!

Awesome updates! Thanks Robb! Looks like Six Flags is gonna start playing with some of the bigger boys. They keep uping their game. Hope we see their momentum continue. Now only if a vendor could debut a new and improved Six Flags employee at IAAPA.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a few of our videos for your viewing pleasure:

If you would do one of the videos as a parody of the original Twilight Zone episodes, that would be amazing. I'm not sure if "for your viewing pleasure" was a nod to TZ, ToT, Rod Serling, etc, but you could be "Rod Alvey". Either way, those videos are great!

Now only if a vendor could debut a new and improved Six Flags employee at IAAPA.

Ouch! I'm gonna need some ice for that burn.

As a Six Flags employee who puts 55+ hours and 6+ days a week physically on top of pouring myself emotionally into my job because I love being able to help create the best Guest experience possible during the summer, I know that I'm not an average employee and this joke isn't directed at me. I definitely understand where this is coming from, and I must admit that I chuckled at this for at least a couple of minutes. Plus, I love any witty or sarcastic joke just with my sense of humor, especially because taking ourselves to seriously in this industry is always good to avoid. But in all seriousness, if you ever deal with an employee that is really bad, please let Guest Relations know if possible. I know personally that at SFSL, complaints/compliments are taken very seriously. Have a Six Flags...or Six-Tastic(?)...or whatever we're saying now.....Day!

Edited by HWFan

^^

Hwfan, definitely not towards employees like you. I used to be you from 1996 to 2000 at SFFT. I loved my job at Six Flags but it just seems that a lot of the crappy employees give Six Flags a bad name. I'm glad that Six Flags is stepping up their game in the attractions department and I think operations have been getting better and management is taking note of that, which is great. The experience is getting better and because of that, I continue to visit either Sfmm or SFFT as much as I can.

I'm loving the IAAPA updates so far and even though some parks are getting that SuperLoop, I look at the bright side and say "at least those parks are getting some type of attraction vs. nothing at all. And I'm glad sfstl is getting some attention even though lots of people hate that they haven't gotten a huge coaster in a very long time. The animatronics on Justice League look freakin awesome!

Three things I learned from today's IAAPA coverage:

1. Six Flags can actually build a better dark ride than Cedar Fair

2. I really need to do a Texas trip

3. Games-U-Ride actually looks like a great concept and not a possible fail as I originally thought it might be

Great coverage as usual, Robb! I can't wait to see what else is in store this year. Last year's IAAPA seemed a little light on new concepts and announcements, but just today's coverage was full of interesting things.

A few of the coolest things that I didn't see in TPR's coverage today...I'm sure more coverage to follow:

1. Whitewater Attractions has this ridiculous model of a zipline coaster/ropes course/mega play structure all in one crazy thing.

2. Some (Indian?) Company had a few waterslide display models that were like SFGADv's big snake slide, except even more just like giant art pieces that happened to be waterslides. Like, a giant Conch shell, a snake slide, they looked really cool.

3. The Moser mini-top spin was insane. A 2 person control-your-own ride demon of a ride.

4. Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper playing Pac-Man Smash next to the booth where the new star wars battlepod arcade game was being displayed.

5. Some companies had photo-stations with exotic birds taking pictures with people. Way cool.

^^ To me, last years IAAPA seemed like nothing but announcements for China. This year, I haven't heard a thing about China coming out of IAAPA. What a difference a year makes.

I really like what I'm seeing so far at IAAPA. I'm still a bit skeptical about the Games-U-Ride concept. Can anybody who was there and got to try out Strike-U-Up and Spin-U-Win comment on how they liked them?

Strike U Up-Easy enough to understand, hit the machine in time with the flashing arrows. It works because the people in the chair are rooting on the people playing the game which leads to an easy/competitive memory.

Spin U Win was obviously disorientating. It was set to 8 spins for victory, programmable up to 15 they said. The one thing was that each side spun in an opposite direction so you had to pull with different arms. One of them felt notably less-greased.

I would say both of them work as midway games and definitely makes the crowd laugh, nothing too crazy but I hope they sell a lot and we can see some major flatrides from Skyline...

1. Six Flags can actually build a better dark ride than Cedar Fair

Long-term maintenance will be the real test.

Here's a quick video of how the Joker animatronic will move in a few years, ignore the triangle staying on the screen the video is actually playing

Joker.jpg.a47b05ca05828270b92e944f70cec5b2.jpg

I would love to know more of the new Maurer Söhne train! Like why they changed the lap-bar design? How the new lap-bar works? And will it be implemented on all of their new rides?? Please give us some close-up footage/video of it as well!

And thanks very much for the fantastic first day of coverage! Keep up the good work!

PS. Will there be video interviews like past years as well?

PS. Will there be video interviews like past years as well?

We are planning on doing a couple of short interviews to upload directly to our FB page, but we have officially retired the long-interview format. From the insane response yesterday, we saw a crazy increase of views over our past years format.

[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]Our fans gave us 2.5 million views from our IAAPA coverage yesterday, and to say THANK YOU, tell us what YOU want to see from today!

Polin, Proslide, RMC and Intamin. Everything else is just a bonus!

Also thank you for doing what you do at IAAPA, one can always trust TPR to deliver the most awesome coverage (along with running the best site in the coaster world!) !

Really awesome coverage TPR! But I must ask...if you happen to go to the SBF Visa and/or Chance Rides booths, can you ask them if there are any projects occurring at a park in Western New York? I would appreciate you guys asking because I've been hearing rumors left and right about a specific park...

Ready for IAAPA, Day 2?

Love all the puppets and haunt props!

[vine]

[/vine]

Elissa as an American Ninja warrior!

[fbvideo]

[/fbvideo]

01.thumb.jpg.b9e0cc1a981e3f1ac29636a39823f566.jpg

Day two of IAAPAHQ has started! New product from Fabbri!

02.thumb.jpg.3de7dafea21fef2babccb2b7cd748d0e.jpg

Elissa hanging out with some industry celebrities!

03.thumb.jpg.21f6bbaec05954495bfc6cc1c877e2a3.jpg

Isn't this Outlaw Run at silver Dollar City? Wonder why it's at the Vekoma booth?

04.jpg.677f6f13b320b4699892e513b121562e.jpg

Adventure Solutions has this really cool Ninja Warrior course! Looks awesome!

05.jpg.84831f1cfd513c267ebad17073a64ded.jpg

Elissa is an American Ninja Warrior!

06.jpg.164528dc2d44c4c2b5b2a12e9b55474c.jpg

The LEGOLAND Florida Resort is currently under construction in close proximity to the park's entrance!