• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even more IAAPA!

01.jpg.c7365568c128e3ef94bed56efbbda284.jpg

Let's take a look at what's outside at IAAPAHQ's Magical Midway!

02.thumb.jpg.2cf7ded174778f62ad737f55c0ac70fd.jpg

Took a ride on this giant swing from Arm.

03.thumb.jpg.0df3366ee30ec0b00f10f6e264815745.jpg

Who would take a leap of faith on this free fall jump ride attached to a crane?

04.jpg.770b38df6e8fd39159915e3a14bde630.jpg

Lots of inflatables at the outdoor exhibits.

05.thumb.jpg.ec4c0059297f48842911a10d2a605b95.jpg

Shawn is totally gonna jump off the crane!

06.thumb.jpg.734efb53578f780d1f886a4ed7e8a44d.jpg

Lead car for Kentucky Kingdom's Lightning Run on display.

07.jpg.d05ec54c99a4f0c3b803f2aa32ee02f4.jpg

Here is the detail on the side of the Twisted Colossus train!

So I am a college student looking for a way to get into the amusement park industry. What should I be doing or do to "get my foot in the door." I am majoring in Mechanical Engineering and I have worked for two years at six flags st louis. I am very avid on designing coasters as I have played multiple simulators including RCT series and NL series. This has been my life long dream and I would love to get advice from other people just like me.

Last update of the day.

08.jpg.0b6c31ab31d60957ac0333c80c75ee10.jpg

One of the Sally Corp animatronics going to Grona Lund's House of Nightmares in 2015.

09.thumb.jpg.cf340e761e17127d9afabc0e20b49e0f.jpg

This zombie figure from Sally Corp is also heading to Grona Lund!

10.jpg.f0b83e84fcde1c4261bd4096591396be.jpg

Another look at the Six Flags Fiesta Texas Batman 4D coaster car on display at the S&S booth.

11.jpg.7f7d70e113b922714ac47a791cf7b590.jpg

For the coaster nerds, here is a look at Rocky Mountain's track options.

12.jpg.fde18bfcf542b8624364a75081f2c1e2.jpg

Close up of the Twisted Colossus logo on the front of the train.

So I am a college student looking for a way to get into the amusement park industry. What should I be doing or do to "get my foot in the door." I am majoring in Mechanical Engineering and I have worked for two years at six flags st louis. I am very avid on designing coasters as I have played multiple simulators including RCT series and NL series. This has been my life long dream and I would love to get advice from other people just like me.

Hey! I'm also a college student who has worked at Six Flags St. Louis for the last two years. Honestly, work experience in the industry is a huge boost. If you want to PM me, we can exchange ideas and talk about what I'm doing at least to set myself up as best as possible. Although I am majoring in Leadership & Change Management to focus on the operations part of the industry.

So... TC will have seat belts But the train looks amazing!

Well Goliath, Iron Rattler, and New Texas Giant all have seatbelts so why does it surprise you?

I'm not surprised, just thinking three train operation might means double stacking.

But one better thing is, TC's car doesn't seem to have space for Takis or Göt 2 B stickers!

Awesome stuff so far this year! Great reveals and some highly anticipated rides for next year. I think the S&S 4-D train looks awesome! And I can't believe that Joker animatronic!!! HOLY CRAP!

I always love the time and effort TPR puts into showing us members the amazing things that go on and IAAPA and for that I thank you guys! You guys are truly amazing and I can't wait for more updates!

Jimmy "My wife doesn't understand IAAPA but I LOVE IT!" Bo

Well, TC train and Lazertag Bumper cars look awesome! Definitely the highlights for me so far! Hope they're both featured in the video when it comes out.

Can't wait for day 2!

Also think that swing ride from ARM looks pretty fun. Would be great to see Robb's/everyone else's reaction on it, especially since my local carnival operator's considering getting one.

Wow! Thank you SO MUCH for the coverage! Maybe one day I can make it out to Florida and visit IAAPA.

On another note, those Twisted Colossus trains look totally freakin' AMAZING! My expectations are really growing for that ride. It could very well kick Maverick off of my #1 spot!

Can't wait for more coverage! Thanks for sharing!