TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coaster that should NOT get the RMC Iron Horse Treatment

As impressed as I am with WC and TC, I'm more interested in seeing what RMC can do with some original wooden and steel coaster designs. Keep the 'conversions' rather unique to certain parks and not over saturated.

More Outlaw Run and Goliath please!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^x5

That is actually my biggest problem with the Beast. It is amazing...only if you ride in a specific seat at a specific time of the day. I agree that night rides on the Beast are one of the best possible coaster experiences. Riding the Beast at night is something everyone should try once. However, the same cannot be said about day rides. While scenic, the thrill level is only slightly higher than CGA's Grizzly. I experienced nothing more than large, drawn out, rough turns. To be able to ride an RMC version of this would be spectacular, but alas. Day rides on the best will always be unexciting as long as enough fanboys are determined to keep it that way.

Day rides on the best will always be unexciting as long as enough fanboys are determined to keep it that way.

Enthusiasts have very little to do with it... the ride puts up huge ridership numbers and the general public loves it too. There's no reason to ever iron horse the most iconic ride in the park that's immensely popular with basically everyone who visits the park except a few whiny enthusiasts.

Phoenix. It would be a sad day if they ever changed anything about that ride.

I'm so glad this ride is at Knoebels, because that pretty much guarantees that nothing major will ever be changed and the ride will always be incredibly well maintained. No matter where this ride was it would never be an Iron Horse candidate but a lot of parks would probably let it decline over the years and Knoebels will never do that.

I agree of course that they shouldn't Iron Horse it but why do people talk about this coaster like it's the greatest thing ever? I liked it but it had no airtime and wasn't overly memorable.

>Yankee Cannonball

>No airtime

I'll agree to the final hills just before the brakerun having no airtime, but the rest of the ride has plenty of it, especially when you ride in the back.

Yankee Cannonball has tons of airtime. You're basically standing up on several of the big hills. But the thing with the cannonball, it expands when it's humid out. Giving it very little airtime, that's why I usually ride it at night or just go to the park on a cooler day. I agree, the ending dies down, with can be fixed and will once they do the whole station over.

Lightning Racer should not get the Iron Horse Treatment, it is one of the smoothest and best wood coasters already.

I agree with LR. Honestly, I didn't find it as smooth or a good as most people here do but I still think it's just fine and there would be no need to touch it.

Beast

Beast

...and then in no particular order- Beast, Boulder Dash, Holiday World's 3 Wooden Coasters, American Eagle, an entire assload of Wooden Coasters in the state of Pennsylvania, Boss (I have a bad feeling that Boss' time is up)... I could go on and on, and I bet anyone could. It's great when things get Rocky Mountain'd, but variety is the spice of life.

& Beast.

You know, with beast, I can see them contact RMC to change a few dead parts on Beast and give it topper track, but other than that Beast is very good as is. It's just a few of those parts that are dragged out way too long.

Rides I have ridden:

Viper, American Eagle - SFGAm

Cornball Express

Kennywood's coasters

Holiday World's coasters

Grizzly, Rebel Yell - Kings Dominion

Blue Streak - Cedar Point

Racer, Beast - Kings Island

Tornado, Outlaw - Adventureland

Rides I have not ridden:

El Toro (both)

T Express

Wooden Warrior

Coney Island Cyclone

Thunderbolt (SFNE)

Phoenix

Wild One-It's still one of the best wooden coasters I've been on and in fact one of my favorites. I'd rather see it's neighbor Roar get the Iron Horse treatment(and I'm sure many of us on the east coast would love to have an RMC near by).

Rebel Yell-Another classic that should always stay the same.

Lightning Racer should not get the Iron Horse Treatment, it is one of the smoothest and best wood coasters already.

I agree with LR. Honestly, I didn't find it as smooth or a good as most people here do but I still think it's just fine and there would be no need to touch it.

I'm going to jump on the LR bandwagon as well. Such an awesome ride, but I can imagine if RMC did give it the Iron Horse treatment, it would be one amazing of a ride.

• 2 months later...

Since Boulder Dash and Phoenix have already been called multiple times, I'm going to have to add in the third of my favorite wooden coasters. Twister @ Knoebels. That ride is, in my opinion, in the absolute perfect spot as far as intensity. Wild, but not painful. It doesn't need to be changed, it can't be improved...just let Knoebels keep it running like it does now for a good long time.

Since Boulder Dash and Phoenix have already been called multiple times, I'm going to have to add in the third of my favorite wooden coasters. Twister @ Knoebels. That ride is, in my opinion, in the absolute perfect spot as far as intensity. Wild, but not painful. It doesn't need to be changed, it can't be improved...just let Knoebels keep it running like it does now for a good long time.

I feel exactly the same way about Twister. It's been perfectly walking the fine line between out of control and rough without ever getting too rough. Knoebel's maintenance team does an awesome job on this ride and because of that it's absolutely fantastic.

Luckily Knoebels is way too awesome to ever iron horse anything because they'd rather spend whatever money and time is necessary to make sure their wood coasters are always running great. Iron horsing is great for corporate parks but it's not really something that would fit in at Knoebels.

Wild One-It's still one of the best wooden coasters I've been on and in fact one of my favorites. I'd rather see it's neighbor Roar get the Iron Horse treatment(and I'm sure many of us on the east coast would love to have an RMC near by).

All of this. I could not believe how awesome Wild One was when I rode it last year. So much that I had to keep riding it. I'm always surprised there is not more love for it. Not super smooth, but far from rough and a great layout, with such great airtime. Roar, on the other hand... eh. I'd be fine with it getting Iron Horsed.