TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2014 ChrisHanKwanSivus Gift Exchange!

The TPR ChrisHanKwansivus Gift Exchange!

The holiday season is getting close so it’s time to sign up for the TPR ChrisHanKwansivus gift exchange!

2014 NEW RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS!!! READ EVERYTHING BELOW!!!!

- Regretfully, due to problems last year, we will not be doing open sign-ups this year. The list below contains the screen names of approved participants. HOWEVER, just because your name is on the list does not mean you are automatically included! You must still message Brandy524 to confirm your participation!

- Must PM your mailing address with your real name to Brandy524 by November 17. Please make sure you triple check for typos, believe me it happens! You don’t want your gift returned to the sender because you typed your address wrong! All I do is copy and paste the addresses into my list so if there is a mistake it’s on you!

- Please state in your PM if you are willing to ship internationally. International shipping can be $10-$20 extra.

- $20 to $30 spending range on gifts (not including shipping).

- No gifts more than $30 please. Being the "biggest spender" on the gift exchange doesn't make you the "winner", and it makes others feel uncomfortable that they didn't do enough.

- NEW items only. NO used items. NO promo or freebie items. Make your gifts something of ACTUAL value and not perceived value.

- Don’t just throw random stuff in a box and call it a gift! Do a little research on the boards and get something your recipient might actually enjoy receiving. Feel free to post a little information about yourself in this thread!

- Brandy524 will PM you back by November 19 with the address and person you are gifting to.

- USPS Priority Mail required for U.S. participants. Flat rate boxes are your best option. Get your gift mailed out by December 5. We want to make sure our international recipients get their gifts before the holidays!

- This list of participants has been approved by Robb and Elissa because they trust you to follow through on your responsibility based on past participation. Don’t flake out!

APPROVED PARTICIPANTS

1pizza14

2012jarrett

alilstronger

amyzoo

AtlCoasterNut

AussieMum

azza29

bbomser

bert425

Blue Turbo

Brandy524

bubala

caffeine_demon

cfc

chrisalex

coaster scott

cookie-monster

danielc0307

DanM64

darklingscribe

derwood

DevilSaint

disney4me2001

disneymoc

ernierocker

Finn0714

FreeFaller

GO MUFC!!!

GrapesLie

grinch1313

gromithere

Guy T. Koepp

HEADCHEEZ

Homeboy23

Hoppy

jbottgen

Joe Cool

jray21

kasseroo

KBrylczyk

kidcoaster 2

LenaApple

Maplepancake

matteocrepaldi

Midgetman82

MoonCadet

Moose

Mr Chris

mush619

Naina21

neovortex2k

Ninjaturtle159

Nyteowl

Ohiocoasterman

orangecats2

pianojohn

picknyourseat

PikaPika

RCFreak

sc7476

shivtim

speedmetal

sre

sspaz1000

thepoint4life23

timberskara

xingfu

Zem

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What be up in the hizzoose, dudes and dudettes?

I'll be happily participating in the holiday fun fun again this year! I'm fairly easy to please. I'm a huge fan of Doctor Who, Marvel, Disney, yadda yadda yadda. In years past I've received Doctor Who items (plush Dalek, salt and pepper shakers, etc) and they've all been AWESOME! I'm hoping for a change this year, though, as my apartment seems to have enough random Doctor Who stuff laying about. Groot and Rocket Raccoon are friggin awesome, Baymax is simply the most lovable Disney character of all time, and Olaf is essentially my spirit animal. Nudge nudge wink wink on all of those.

I'm looking forward to helping share the fun and awesomeness of the gift exchange again this year!

I'll go ahead and post too...

I'm not picky, so I'll be happy with almost anything! But to make it easier on my match, I'll say that I would love anything from a theme park, especially if it's from Universal (merch from USJ is my favorite, with UOR being a close second...I have a lot from USH since I go there a lot!). Also a huge Disney fan, but I have a lot of the merchandise I currently want. I do collect pins from all theme parks! If you want to look for Disney pins for me and if you're familiar with PinPics at all, my user ID is TCox91- on there you can view what I already have and what's on my want list. I'm also a collector of park maps and brochures!

Outside of theme parks, I like a lot of film/TV related stuff. I collect all kinds of entertainment memorabilia, from authentic celebrity autographs to prop replicas to just general merchandise and collectibles! I'd say right now my favorite shows are The Simpsons, Bates Motel, Family Guy, Once Upon a Time, and Agents of Shield. Some of my favorite films are Jurassic Park, The Avengers, Back to the Future, Star Wars (original trilogy), Fast and the Furious, Alien/Predator/AVP, and Halloween to name a few.

I also love anything horror related, especially in the form of park events like Universal's Halloween Horror Nights, Haunt/Knott's Scary Farm, Six Flags Fright Fest, etc. I'm a big fan of the classic Universal Monsters too- Creature From the Black Lagoon, Dracula, and Frankenstein are some of my favorites.

Here's a link to a wish list that I also use for redditgifts that contains all kinds of stuff I'm interested in. I realize that a lot of it is super expensive (outside of the $30 range for this exchange), but even if you choose not to get something from the list, it will give you a better idea of what sorts of things I like! It is up to date, so anything listed is something that I don't already have: http://smile.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/35EOQ32BCEEZV

And if you're still stuck, here are some random "favorites" that might help you:

Favorite Marvel characters: Thor, Captain America, Black Widow, Rocket Racoon, Groot

Favorite DC Comics characters: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Riddler

Favorite Disney characters: Mickey Mouse, Ariel, Nemo, theme park "characters" (Hitchhiking Ghosts, Brer Rabbit from Splash Mountain, etc)

Favorite snacks: Licorice (Red Vines, Twizzlers, even Australian licorice!), chocolate bars (Hershey, Milky Way, Crunch), Pocky, Doritos (Nacho cheese)

Favorite drinks: Mountain Dew (any and all varieties!), Dr. Pepper (again, any and all varieties), anything with vanilla in it...I'm also always up for trying something new or "weird"!

Favorite celebrities (living and deceased): Victoria Justice, Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Paul Walker, Jordana Brewster, Katy Perry, Kaley Cuoco, Ariana Grande, Summer Glau, Harrison Ford, Steven Spielberg, Alfred Hitchcock, and of course- Walt Disney!

Favorite (as in most want to visit) theme parks that I have NOT been to: Universal Orlando, Universal Studios Japan, Cedar Point, Six Flags Great Adventure, WB Movie World (Australia), Tokyo Disney Resort, Hong Kong Disneyland, Busch Gardens Tampa, Busch Garden Williamsburg

Favorite coasters that I've ridden: Xcelerator (KBF), X2 (SFMM), Full Throttle (SFMM), Riddler's Revenge (SFMM), California Screamin' (DCA), Space Mountain (Disneyland- California), Manta (SWSD), New Texas Giant (SFOT), Shockwave (SFOT)

Favorite Disneyland Resort attractions (excluding coasters): Indiana Jones Adventure, Star Tours, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure, Radiator Springs Racers

Favorite Universal Studios attractions (excluding coasters): Transformers: The Ride 3D, Jurassic Park The Ride, T2:3D, Universal's House of Horrors (formerly at USH), E.T. Adventure, Back to the Future The Ride, WaterWorld, Backdraft, Studio Tour (Jaws/Amity and the Psycho House & Bates Motel are probably my favorite areas), Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (okay, so I haven't been on this one...yet. But I'm guessing it will be a favorite once the USH version is open or when I get a chance to go to UOR!)

Favorite colors: Blue, green, purple

Favorite sport teams: Arizona Diamondbacks, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, Houston Astros, Phoenix Suns, Arizona State University Sun Devils

Favorite animals: Sharks, tropical fish, jellyfish, cats

Shirt size: Men's small (medium works if small isn't available)

To my match- I don't mean to overload you with info, I just wanted to give you a lot so that you have tons of things/ideas to choose from! Thank you in advance for your gift, and Happy ChrisHanKwanSivus to all!

Woo Hoo! Glad that this is back this year. As far as a help to whoever gets me, Good Luck! I'm actually an easy person to gift, and who would complain for something they get as a gift!

I'm a fan of the NY Rangers (NHL), NY Jets (NFL), and NY Mets (MLB). Big fan of logic puzzles and games. I'm an engineer by trade, and one of my career goals is to work as an engineer at Disney World. In fact my gift from last year was awesome (still trying to figure out who sent me that!).

Other than that, surprise me!

Hello People,

I love Cedar Point, And Disney Im a Big fan of the vinylmation from disney.

I love my Car A mitsubishi Lancer Evolution (Evo) 8 So Anything with the Car or mitsubishi motors related is Cool with me

Also really like craft beer. Anything beer related is also

Big Columbus blue jackets fans

I like the vintage t shirts

I am A Size XL

Edited by thepoint4life23

Last three years were fun.... It's going to be tough to top last year!!! Let's do it again!

Silly and Strange toys and gadgets

Anything odd or off-the-wall

The weirder the better!!!

80's movies and cartoons

Shirt size XL

Coasters and Thrill Rides and Park Stuff

Hockey (NHL CAPS and AHL Hershey)

TPR stuff and Legos

CocaCola stuff

Edited by sre

Yay! I'm in again. Last year I got an awesome tea set from GrapesLie.

I like roller coasters, the Simpsons, Notre Dame football and hockey, craft beer, maps, space/robots, cities/architecture and travel, skyscrapers, and Egypt. I also really like local things (something from where you're from... a local candy, a postcard, anything like that).

Yay for holiday fun!

I've worked at WDW since 1999 and am a former Cedar Point, Busch Gardens (both of them), Universal Studio FL and Japan, and Sea World cast member.

I am more into vintage stuff like Cedar Point early 70's to mid 80's but not picky. Since I work at Disney, I'd prefer not to get anything from there since I would most likely have already gotten it for myself!

I am a HUGE musical theater fan and music director, but again I probably own most cast CD's.

T-shirt size Large.

And here's my wish list from Amazon in case you're stuck!

http://amzn.com/w/N84RGJABIC3R

Any other questions just ask or check me out on Facebook!

Happy Holidays!

And can I PLEASE suggest that when you get your gift, you do a posting here with a few pics? It's the least you can do to thank your gift giver for his/her time and effort! Thanks!!

Edited by pianojohn

So excited for another amazing gift exchange! I like odd and unique things. Anything weird or totally random is cool for me. I like anything Disney, theme park related, Food of course, Domo, and my shirt size is Large (I miss Medium ) Even random fun things from Dollar Stores can be amazing!

we just got back from a trip, so just popping in to note I'm participating again, and will update this weekend with more info for folks

Thanks Brandy!

(and Robb & Elissa)

Editing with some info to help my Santa-bee!:

T-shirt size 2XL is best, but XL works too. . . until I forget and put it in the dryer (hehe).

I, of course, love RollerCoasters and Theme-Parks. . so anything related to those is always a slam dunk.

Big fan of Horror Films, and Monster movies (Godzilla rocks!).

Big music fan, particularly of Hard Rock/Metal (favorite Bands: KISS, GWAR, W.A.S.P., Alice Cooper . .so yeah, love theatrical stuff) and mid-late 80's industrial bands (Ministry, Front242, Frontline Assebmly, Pankow, etc).

I have over 100 KISS T-shirts alone, and most of the merchandise (bought at shows. . but would never say "no" to additional Guitar pics, or magazines featuring them )

Also, like Brandy, a TV fanatic in general (cutting and pasting her list, since I follow most of the same shows):

Shows I watch: Doctor Who, Once Upon a Time, Resurrection, Gotham, Sleepy Hollow, Agents of Shield, Constantine, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, Gracepoint, Walking Dead, the Returned, Big Bang Theory, Sons of Anarchy, Justified, the Americans. . .. and I'm a sucker for books ABOUT TV (making of certain shows).

I love to read as well, and tho I have my kindle loaded up, I do not have any of the Walking Dead "prose" novels (hint hint?).. . I think there are 3 out in paperback.

as it applies to a gift for ME only: although the "directions" state "new". .I'm one of those that absolutely has no issue whatsoever with getting someone else's previously loved item as a gift. So, I'd squeal with glee to get some books, Trade Paperbacks, CD's etc. . ."Goodwill" or "Half-Price Books" sticker on em.. doesn't bother me at all. .and hey, more gifts and keeping under budget.

Hope this helps!

Last year my Santa-bee sent me a horror film, and a T-shirt from the Italian "Horror-band" Goblin -- and I LOVED them.

Edited by bert425

I love this!

Anything themepark related would be awesome! Park maps, coaster models, anything you think is cool, I probably do to.

I absolutely love Ford Mustangs, anything related to them is amazing. I really like anything to do with car brands, but Ford, and specifically the Mustang are my favorite. I would not mind a T-Shirt, but I already have almost every Mustang T-shirt. Anything cool related to Mustangs would make you awesome.

I also really love the show South Park, anything related to the show would be cool!

I also like the movie Step Brothers.

Please do not send me any books I will be honest I really don't like them and my house has no room for them, Also, I really do not want any video/board games, just not something I am into

Also I am a t-shirt size large.

And can I PLEASE suggest that when you get your gift, you do a posting here with a few pics? It's the least you can do to thank your gift giver for his/her time and effort! Thanks!!

Yes! We asked last year but not everyone posted. Please, please post in this thread when you receive your gift. Pics would be nice because part of the fun is seeing what everyone gets. But at least just let us know what you've received something. That really helps us in trying to keep track of who has sent a gift and who hasn't.

As for me, I'm participating, of course. Since last year's exchange I have joined the ranks of Whovians, so anything Doctor Who is welcome. Also a TV fanatic in general. Shows I watch: Doctor Who, Once Upon a Time, Resurrection, Gotham, Sleepy Hollow, Agents of Shield, Grimm, Constantine, Game of Thrones, Sherlock. I'm a sucker for romantic movies. I love to read. I'm currently on the 5th Game of Thrones book. I love crazy socks, theatre and performing, baking, coffee, chocolate, white Smarties, makeup, funky t-shirts (size S/M).

I HATE stickers. Stickers are the devil's currency.

Count me in for loving the pictures everyone posts of their stuff!

Ok for me, I'm also a fellow Whovian and enjoy DW (there are some new DW books out) and I love all 3 NCIS franchises, and The Big Bang Theory.

In general,I'm a book lover (I read all but horror), and I enjoy traveling as well.

Over the years I've gotten some awesome and random stuff, so I look forward to whatever I get!

This has been a lot of fun the last couple of years, and my secret Santa did a fantastic job in 2013!

I'm happy with pretty much anything, but to help with ideas here are some things I like: Batman, The Muppets, LEGO, Indiana Jones, anything theme park related. I have a small theme park magnet collection so definitely happy to add to that.

Really hope whoever I have to buy a gift for posts on this thread, really helps to get them a good gift rather than just random stuff!

Happy to be participating again for another year.

Here are some of my likes to help the person who gets me. I have and always will be a Sci-Fi and comic book nerd (glad to see Rocket finally getting his day in the spotlight). Legos are cool, it is all about the building. Science is cool, in fact it is my job. I spend my entire summer traveling, scuba diving, and going to amusement park. On my travels, I enjoy regional candy, snacks, and beer. I wear an XL if that helps as well.

But to tell you the truth, I would be happy with what ever gift I get.

Happy ChrisHanKwanSivus everyone!

So excited to be participating again this year!

As far as what I like, well this may come as a shocker, but I LOVE theme park anything!

I'm not picky however!

Surprise me!

I wear a XL T-Shirt.

I am not a big candy eater but I still appreciate anything someone likes to send me!

Hint: I've just purchased my first home and I love anything ART DECO.

I have a love of things old, creepy, and weird!

I also have a rather intense love of old/weird light fixtures and chandeliers!

I refurbish old anything so feel free to send me a challenge!

You can't really go wrong.

Hey if all you can do it send me a thoughtful note that's fine. I'm still a happy camper!

Can't wait to see what EVERYONE gets this year!

Hello, everyone. I tend to read quite a bit (although not as much as I used to), and there are a few books I'm interested in: "The Life and Times of Phil Hartman," "Pilgrim's Wilderness: A True Story of Faith and Madness on the Alaska Frontier," and nearly anything by Christopher Moore ("Practical Demonkeeping" and "The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove" would be good choices, as I don't have those yet).

Just a few suggestions--don't consider them to be set in stone.

Hi everyone, this will be the 3rd year for me and I am super excited!!!

Here some ideas!

My other biggest passion is Craft Beer. I love anything Beer related from t-shirt, glasses, posters and any random thing!

I like the NFL and I am quite a big Colts fan even if I am not really following them this season!

My favourite TV shows are: Breaking Bad, The Big Bang Theory, Californication, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Prison Break and Weeds!

And finally you should know that I am a space engineer and I live on my own so anything geeky that may be useful around the house will be great.

T-shirt size: L

Bumpity bump bump

last day!

I'm Jon. I'm a Gemini. Like Brandy I'm a whovian and like most geeky things. I wear a size large in pretty much everything. I have two cats. I like sailing, disney/Pixar. My favorite color is blue and if you couldn't tell from my address j live in a cold climate for winter.

I'm a Whovian. I have a nice collection of Doctor Who mugs, shot glasses and sonic screwdrivers. The 9th Doctor is my favorite.

I a huge hockey fan and folllow mostly the Pittsburgh Penguins, although I do go to quite of few Columbus Blue Jackets games since they are closer.

My unused college degree is in Slavic Studies - and I am still interested in all things Tsarist Russia and Soviet Union. Someday I will brush up on my language skills.

Shirt size is XL

Favorite colors are purple and blue.

Diamonds are a girl's best friend I can dream, can't I?