TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How do you watch full-length videos/movies?

How do you most often watch videos? (Choose 1)  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How do you most often watch videos? (Choose 1)

• DVD
    • Blu-Ray
    • Digital Download (Movies you download via iTunes or other service to your computer or mobile device)
    • Streaming Service (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc)

1. Blue-Ray from LoveFilm by post.

2. Amazon Prime Instant video, very rarely. Only use it as I get it cheap as I used to use LoveFilm Instant.

3. One or two.

4. Nope.

5. Full length, never. Occasional short videos mainly from Facebook news feed.

- James.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I most often watch movies on blu-ray.

2. I use Netflix most of the time. YouTube app (iPad app syncs up very nicely to the Playstation app), Crackle, CinemaNow.

3. I'd say about 2-4 blu-rays per year.

4. I use iPad and Playstation as my main devices (whatever apps are provided for both).

5. Since the iPad app syncs so well with the app for Playstation 3 I have been watchin Youtube much more frequently since it can be displayed on my TV.

1. We most often watch movies via digital download.

2. There are very few streaming services available to us in New Zealand, so never, alas. (For e.g. the only way to get Netflix is to use VPN software to change over to an American IP address; this situation is slowly changing with a couple of local providers - such as dying DVD chains - setting up their own streaming services.)

3. I still buy DVDs if they're on sale, but can't be bothered with BluRay anymore. We can download high quality movie files easily enough.

4. We used to use a media player - but our new Samsung TV has taken over this function. Still use the media player on holidays.

5. I only watch YouTube on my PC or phone and just short clips usually.

1. How do you most often watch videos? (DVD, Blu-Ray, Digital Download, Streaming.)

Blu-Ray for me. I like having a physical copy and in the highest picture quality available, so for me that's Blu-Ray. I will watch something on DVD if it's not available on Blu-Ray though. I use iTunes for digital downloads, but only watch them when traveling (think long plane flights!). My family has a Netflix subscription, but I don't stream content through there very often, nor do I really use Amazon or UV (even though I have Prime access and several films/shows on my UV account).

2. What streaming services do you use the most?

YouTube for general use (examples: TPR videos, random vlogs), and Netflix for copyrighted or "paid" content (examples: TV shows, films).

3. How many DVDs or Blu-Rays do you buy a year on average?

Blu-rays = 20+ (I think I'm up to about 20 already this year, and plan to buy more this holiday season)

DVDs = 10-20 (Will buy these when the content I want is not available on BR or if it's significantly cheaper than BR)

4. Do you use a device like Apple TV, Roku, or Chromecast?

No, I do not currently use these devices and don't plan to in the near future. I probably will eventually though!

5. How much do you watch videos on YouTube versus all the mediums listed in the poll?

I would say I use YouTube more than any of the other mediums! I will watch several videos on YT each day (usually short videos, like coaster POVs or music videos), and it probably adds up to 1-2 hours per day. In contrast, my favorite medium, Blu-Ray is something I use a few times a week, when I have enough time to watch a movie in a full sitting.

1. Streaming

2. Hulu Plus, Netflix, Amazon, Youtube, in order of most to least, generally through our Playstation 3.

3. DVDs: none Blu-Ray: 1-2, generally just the movies we like a lot after streaming them so we can have them in HD.

4. We do not use any of those, but the Playstation 3 has some of the same functions and apps.

5. Youtube less often than the paid services, but still probably about 1-2 hours a week.

1. How do you most often watch videos? (DVD, Blu-Ray, Digital Download, Streaming.)

Streaming - Mostly Netflix or Hulu Plus

Netflix for movies and Hulu Plus for TV shows

About 5...not too many have been worth buying the past couple years except Marvel or Disney movies

We have a Roku and it's freaking AWESOME!

5. How much do you watch videos on YouTube versus all the mediums listed in the poll?

I don't watch many videos on YouTube. I mainly only watch TPR videos on YouTube (or private videos my family sends of babies and family and such)

Jimmy "TPR on Netflix?!?!?!" Bo

I have a Blu-Ray player, but if I'm watching a movie, chances are it's on DVD. I think I own more TPR DVDs but have watched more of my digital downloads for convenience reasons.

I have an Apple TV in my home, but don't personally use it.

I use YouTube much more (but not a lot), but like others, I mainly watch short videos.

I'm amazed how much the way I watch movies has changed.

1. I pretty much only stream movies, although I will occasionally pick up a blueray at

2. Netflix ,Amazon Prime, and HBOGo ( in that order)

3. 1? I've realised I don't use them so I buy them more for collecting, ie Frozen.

4. I have a Roku3

5. I don't often watch them unless a friend has posted it to Facebook or something similar. I will sometimes explore a channel once I'm at YouTube having been linked there.

1. How do you most often watch videos? (DVD, Blu-Ray, Digital Download, Streaming.) Blu-Ray

2. What streaming services do you use the most? None but my wife is on Netflix all the time

3. How many DVDs or Blu-Rays do you buy a year on average? 30-40

4. Do you use a device like Apple TV, Roku, or Chromecast? Nope

5. How much do you watch videos on YouTube versus all the mediums listed in the poll? rare, mostly TPR videos when they are posted to FB

Really it's a combination of the first three for me. We have a giant collection of DVDs but now we mostly by Blu-Ray/DVD combo packs with digital download. Then we use the code and upload the videos to Vudu, which we watch every once and awhile.

We currently have no streaming services but are looking into Hulu Plus.

10-20 probably, although this year we haven't bought as many, maybe 8 or so.

Nope.

I watch YouTube a lot, mostly for coaster videos. Probably more than any of the other mediums.

Streaming

Youtube & Netflix

As of the last two years, ZERO.

No, but am thinking about getting Apple TV.

I watch YouTube FAR more than any other medium.

Streaming

Netflix, Hulu

Zero

No

75%

• 2 months later...