TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How do you watch full-length videos/movies?

How do you most often watch videos? (Choose 1)  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How do you most often watch videos? (Choose 1)

• DVD
    • Blu-Ray
    • Digital Download (Movies you download via iTunes or other service to your computer or mobile device)
    • Streaming Service (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. How do you most often watch videos? (DVD, Blu-Ray, Digital Download, Streaming.)

Netflix and Amazon Prime have become my new best friends as I like to binge watch shows, or play catch up if my DVR forgets to record things. But next to that I would say Blu-Ray for collecting movies that I love and TPR videos.

2. What streaming services do you use the most?

#1. Netflix #2. Amazon Prime

3. How many DVDs or Blu-Rays do you buy a year on average?

12-20. Usually about 1ish per month. Add an extra one per year for the release of a new RCitR Blu-Ray!

4. Do you use a device like Apple TV, Roku, or Chromecast?

No

5. How much do you watch videos on YouTube versus all the mediums listed in the poll?

I primarily watch Youtube for weekly vlogs and music videos. Mabey once or twice a week. I would guess a grand total of no more than an hour per week.

1. How do you most often watch videos? (DVD, Blu-Ray, Digital Download, Streaming.)

Streaming.

Netflix. I have an Amazon Prime account but I have never once used their streaming service. I only use it for the free 2-day shipping.

Next to none. My Blu-Ray collection is miniscule after the dawn of streaming. Before streaming I had a massive DVD library (still do, sitting in my parents' house) but now I find physical copies of movies just take up space.

I have a SmartTV so it's mostly unneccesary, but I o have a Chromecast for when I want to stream YouTube and files on my computer.

5. How much do you watch videos on YouTube versus all the mediums listed in the poll?

I can't come up with a good answer. I'm not an avid YouTuber by any means, as in I don't visit the site to watch videos all the time. Mostly I see videos through Reddit. I'l check YouTube once in a while for new videos from TPR but nothing else.

1. DVD

2. I ditched my Netflix account about a year and a half ago, when I got cable.

3. 2-3 DVDs per year (one of which is always Coasters in the Raw )

4. No

5. I spend at least 5 hours a week on Youtube, but only sit down to watch a full movie on my TV a couple times a month.

1. I watch movies on Netflix and DVD.

2. I use Netflix, because that's my only streaming service...

3. How many DVDs or Blu-Rays do you buy a year on average? My family normally buys about 5 DVDs a year.

4. No.

5. I watch Youtube more than anyone should. I always tell myself, only ONE TPR video today, and that turns into about 12... (TPR is one of the only things I watch on Youtube)

I rarely watch TV though, like I rarely watch Netflix or whatever is on cable, that's mainly the rest of my family...

Thanks for the feedback!

--Robb

1. I watch little of videos let alone full length movies. When I do, I usually watch them on youtube or digitally download them

2. Youtube, that is all

3. Maybe like, 0.5 a year

4. No

5. Given a ratio between time spent on youtube and other sources, I'd give it a 5:1

Yea, I'm not that big on watching movies at home

I watch most videos on Blu-Ray with the occasional DVD every once in awhile.

I used Netflix for a 30 day trial once, then canceled it. I don't watch enough videos to make it worth it.

I never buy DVD's or Blu-Rays. I don't normally watch a movie more than once.

Nope, don't know what they are.

I maybe watch a half hour worth of YouTube videos a week. I watch videos from the list on the poll maybe one or two a year. I normally wait until a movie comes out on TV to watch it. I guess I'm not much for the technology.

Blu-Rays or streaming, I never digital-downloaded any film except for Roller Coasters in the Raw , and "normal" DVD is so 2004.

I don't use popular services like Netflix, I rent movies from the service my cable distributor offers me.

1-2, rarely more.

I have a Roku, but it's only to play Angry Birds on my TV.

I watch a lot more videos from Youtube than any of these other mediums, YT is my main source for videos in my everyday life and all the other services are for the rare movie I watch once in about 3 months.

Blu-ray and Streaming.

Comcast On Demand and Netflix

10 (I only buy Blu-ray 3D videos)

No

I rarely watch videos on YouTube, usually roller coaster POV videos

DVD rentals from Redbox.

none

no

I'm just going to say many times more.

1. Streaming Services (though Blu-Ray is close behind)

2. Hulu Plus, Netflix, HBO Go and ITunes

3. I buy about 10 to 20 Blu-Rays a year

4. I have an Apple TV and a Chromecast

5. I will rarely watch any content on YouTube with the exception of YouTube-specific channels like Theme Park Review.

1. If it ain't on Netflix, I tend to get DVDs or Blu-Rays, depending on how much I feel like spending. Otherwise, Netflix.

2. Primarily Netflix, sometimes Amazon Prime

3. About 6-10 a year

4. Nope, but I should be

5. If given a week, I'd say about 5 of those days are spent on YouTube, the other 2 a combination of TV, DVDs, VHS and movie theaters. In short, I use YouTube a LOT more.

Streaming

Hulu, because *puts on sunglasses* it's what all the cool kids use.

Um, something around five.

I'm going to go with no... but don't listen to me because I know pretty much nothing....

I use YouTube 67% of the time, Hulu 20% of the time, and my TV the rest of the time.

DVD and Streaming are the two main methods. (If I owned Blu-Ray, I would include that as well.)

I never got into Netflix at all...if I watch a movie, I usually either buy the DVD, watch On Demand through uVerse or use uVerse Streaming.

Maybe 5-6 at the most. If it is a movie/program I really liked and want to own, I will purchase it as soon as it is released either online to be sent mail order, or at a retail location such as Best Buy or Costco. I also sometimes will pick up a DVD out of the discount bins at Target or other stores.

No.

I would venture to say that I watch more on YouTube than any of the others...although I do not use it for watching full length movies.

1. How do you most often watch videos? (DVD, Blu-Ray, Digital Download, Streaming.) Most often we stream videos.

2. What streaming services do you use the most? Netflix.

3. How many DVDs or Blu-Rays do you buy a year on average? 15-20

4. Do you use a device like Apple TV, Roku, or Chromecast? Not currently, but we are looking into getting an Apple TV in the next few months.

5. How much do you watch videos on YouTube versus all the mediums listed in the poll? The only time we really watch YouTube videos is when we are looking at theme park related stuff. We probably watch 5-10 YouTube videos a day.

Hope this helps Robb. You guys are doing a great job!

1. How do you most often watch videos? (DVD, Blu-Ray, Digital Download, Streaming.) Streaming, DVD, Blu-Ray

2. What streaming services do you use the most? Netflix, Hulu plus

3. How many DVDs or Blu-Rays do you buy a year on average? 5 at most

4. Do you use a device like Apple TV, Roku, or Chromecast? No devices used

5. How much do you watch videos on YouTube versus all the mediums listed in the poll? Short videos YouTube (aka coaster vids), everything else is Netflix, or if I really want it but no Netflix, a digital download.

Digital download, hosted on personal media server (Plex)

Netflix

Yes, a Chromecast and Playstation 3

About as often.

1. How do you most often watch videos? (DVD, Blu-Ray, Digital Download, Streaming.) Streaming.

2. What streaming services do you use the most? Netflix and Prime, mostly Netflix.

3. How many DVDs or Blu-Rays do you buy a year on average? 40 Blu-Rays, no DVD's.

4. Do you use a device like Apple TV, Roku, or Chromecast? No.

5. How much do you watch videos on YouTube versus all the mediums listed in the poll? I view YouTube more often than anything else.

1. Blu-Ray

2. I have access to Amazon Prime, but I almost never use it. I will use Netflix in the future, to watch some of the original content.

3. 5 - 10, usually purchased between Black Friday and New Years (at a very large discount).

4. I have a Popcorn Hour C200, and I'll be getting an Amazon Fire TV Stick (since it was only $19)

5. I only watch about 30 minutes of YouTube a month.

Every year we like to ask our readers about how they are watching videos and movies to gather more research for our future releases.

Instructions are simple - Please vote in the poll AND respond to the following questions:

Thanks for the feedback!

--Robb

1.Streaming

2.Netflix.

3. None.

4. Roku

5. A lot. I prefer 7 min or shorter videos compared to full length stuff.