TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How do you watch full-length videos/movies?

How do you most often watch videos? (Choose 1)  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How do you most often watch videos? (Choose 1)

• DVD
    • Blu-Ray
    • Digital Download (Movies you download via iTunes or other service to your computer or mobile device)
    • Streaming Service (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc)

Every year we like to ask our readers about how they are watching videos and movies to gather more research for our future releases.

Instructions are simple - Please vote in the poll AND respond to the following questions:

1. How do you most often watch videos? (DVD, Blu-Ray, Digital Download, Streaming.)

2. What streaming services do you use the most?

3. How many DVDs or Blu-Rays do you buy a year on average?

4. Do you use a device like Apple TV, Roku, or Chromecast?

5. How much do you watch videos on YouTube versus all the mediums listed in the poll?

Thanks for the feedback!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Mostly a combo of DVD and Bluray with occasional streaming.

2) Vudu sometimes, but not very often, and nothing else.

3) About 10-20 Blurays/DVDs a year.

4) No.

5) I watch YouTube just about as often if not more than I watch DVD and Bluray movies.

1. How do you most often watch videos? (DVD, Blu-Ray, Digital Download, Streaming.) Streaming

2. What streaming services do you use the most? VUDU

3. How many DVDs or Blu-Rays do you buy a year on average? Around 3-5, if on sale

4. Do you use a device like Apple TV, Roku, or Chromecast? Does Playstation TV count?

5. How much do you watch videos on YouTube versus all the mediums listed in the poll? I tend to probably watch one or two videos a week on YouTube. Although that leads to watching more videos.

Edited by Mrlittle

1. Blu-ray.

2. Netflix

3. About 15 Blu-Rays a year.

4. I use an Apple TV

5. I watch YouTube from my AppleTV, but watch blu-rays more. I use YouTube rarely. Mainly, I use it to just watch TPR videos!

Edited by jray21

1. How do you most often watch videos? (DVD, Blu-Ray, Digital Download, Streaming.)

Streaming/DVD-BluRay

Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime

15-40 Blu-Rays

Not yet

5. How much do you watch videos on YouTube versus all the mediums listed in the poll?

I watch short videos on YouTube, not features, although two of the feature length movies I wrote/produced back in my Hollywood days are available to watch on YouTube: Russkies and Butcher Baker Nightmare Maker (a/k/a Night Warning)

Digital Download

Netflix

No

Rarely, usually only use YouTube for short clips.

I watch mostly streaming videos via Netflix. I probably buy a few bargain bin DVDs and a couple blu-rays a year. I use a Sony PS3 and a Chromecast for streaming video. I watch youtube on everything, my laptop, phone, streaming on ps3 & chromecast.

1) Amazon, followed by DVD and Blu-Ray. Don't recall ever having digitally downloaded a movie.

2) For the past 2 years or so I've found myself frequently using my Amazon Prime membership to rent and stream movies that I probably wouldn't otherwise purchase- pretty much a direct replacement for the dearly departed Blockbuster. The thing I love about Amazon Prime are the assload of movies that are free to stream, many of which I doubt I would even drop the $3-$5 to rent in the first place.

3) I'll always get DVD/Blu-Ray of movies that I really like and want to own (3-5 a year I'd guess). Just like with books or music that I really like, having a hard copy is very important to me.

4) No, just laptop.

5) Youtube is more of a bored at work kind of deal for me. I'll watch a handful of videos everyday. Probably between 5-10 on average. Occasionally I'll find a documentary or something and watch it in bits and pieces over the span of a few days.

Edited by Ed Farmer

1. Streaming, by FAR. I rarely watch videos any other way now, though I will, when the planets align right, pop in the occasional DVD.

2. Netflix. Used to use Hulu a lot more, but now I pretty much use only Netflix.

3. None. IMO, buying them is such a waste of money.

4. No, though I've heard good things about Apple TV and do want to look into it?

5. About 50/50. I subscribe to a bunch of different YouTube channels and will "get lost in the hole", much like how it's so easy to spend so much time bouncing between different Wikipedia articles.

- Right now it´s mostly DVD, but more and more i use streaming.

-Netflix & SVTPlay (Swedish channel)

- Buy?? hm 5 at the most.

- No.

- YouTube about 30 %.. (a bit hard to say)...

1. Streaming

2. Vudu, Netflix, Crunchyroll, FUNimation, AcornTV, YouTube, iTunes

3. Maybe a dozen. I'm almost exclusively streaming now.

4. Roku and Apple TV

5. I watch a lot of YouTube. Every day I watch short clips on my PC (music videos, product reviews, etc). I often watch long vacation videos and travel vlogs on my TV using the Roku app.

You should create your own Roku channel. I wouldn't mind buying your videos or paying a reasonable subscription.

Streaming

Amazon Prime

Only TPR material (I still like having the collections)

Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV

50/50 streaming vs. quick YouTube Videos

Streaming

At the moment none, but I'm thinking about getting Netflix

Maybe two, probably less...

Nope

I almost exclusively use YouTube...

1. Streaming on Netflix is what I use the most for watching full length movies and videos, followed by movies and shows available on Charter On Demand (not pay per view ones), and renting the occasional Blu Ray or DVD from Redbox.

2. Netflix is the streaming service I use the most, followed by HBO Go and Showtime Anytime. I also have Amazon Prime.

3. I haven't bought any DVDs or Blu Rays in the last couple of years, so a zero average.

4. The only device I use is XBox Live on my XBox 360 to watch Netflix and HBO GO. Otherwise I use apps on my iPhone and iPad.

5. I probably watch more short videos on You Tube than anything else, except for TV shows that I watch on a regular basis.

I still primarily use DVD, but streaming is growing on me. I use Blu-Ray on occasion, but I have to borrow my brother's PS4 for that (which isn't always possible). I don't use digital download at all.

Amazon Prime. I used to use Netflix but their movie selection isn't very good and I don't watch too many TV shows.

Usually 3-5, including any TPR DVD releases. I only buy DVDs for movies if it's something I know I'll want to watch multiple times.

No, and I have no plans to do so at this time.

I watch YouTube videos on a daily basis, but they are mostly shorter videos. I rarely watch full-length TV episodes on there.

Streaming

Netflix

One, if that.

I use my Apple TV a few times a week to watch for a few hours at a time.

Much less. I rarely go to YouTube anymore.

- Streaming services

- Netflix

- About 10

- No

- Much more often. It is where I primarily watch video.