TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Any advice for Fright Fest at SFGadv?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really give an expert reply since I've never done the Frightfest activities. I can say though that my friend's daughter went on Saturday night at around 6pm and the lines for most coasters was "pretty long" as was the hayride at an hour and a half. The walkthru sections though were fine, and she did ride a few coasters and other rides. Not sure what "pretty long" is to her though, as she's as spoiled as the rest of us and thinks 20 minutes is a long time for something like Nitro.

If you're planning on staying the whole day, I think its more up to you and your body in terms of how long you can handle it. I used to be able to go to the park all day from open until close without stopping at all (hooray metabolism and energy!) Now at the old folks age of 26, I can hardly spend 5 hours at a park without needing a bench, an IV, and some oxygen.

If you can handle having energy for the whole day, I recommend getting there at opening. I was there on Sunday and for the first two hours the park was opened, everything was a walk-on, including Kingda Ka, which I rode twice including a front seat. Shortly after 1pm though things started picking up a bit, as most people that go to the park now are planning on going for the Frightfest stuff, and therefore don't arrive until early afternoon. If you want to go solely for the Frightfest stuff and a few bonus coaster rides on a Saturday, you may want to arrive at like 4pm or so.

Beats me. I still think I lucked out on Sunday and there was some sort of 84 car 38 mile backup on the NJ Turnpike causing everyone to be late to the park. The only day I can think of going is the Sunday before or the Monday of Halloween. Most families will be home trick or treating and that means less people in line for KK. Ride it once as soon as you get there, and then try to get in line again before the park closes. No certainty that the ride will continue to run though, plus you gotta get the approval of whoever is driving you to the park.