TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Be prepared to WALK, re-rides are not allowed and the lines are set up tenuously long.

Translation: Be prepared to be annoyed anytime you want to ride a roller coaster.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for all the advice. ^ That's kind of funny but also a bit worrying Indeed I have not heard many great things about the place (except for the main coasters).

Be prepared to WALK, re-rides are not allowed and the lines are set up tenuously long.

Oh yes, I had already seen a video somewhere about this very issue. Must be pretty bad

Also be wary of Hyperion's guest pulsing system at the end of the queue.

I'm not sure I understand... What do you mean?

Also be wary of Hyperion's guest pulsing system at the end of the queue.

I'm not sure I understand... What do you mean?

hyperion_queue_sucks_all_sorts_of_giant_balls.jpg

Robb explained this pretty well a few pages ago.

At the end of Hyperion's queue before you board, the queue splits into four groups. You have front row in #1, single riders in #2, and the rest of the train in #3, split into two groups themselves. When Hyperion is cycled, the turnstiles will open and let 4 people through #1, 4 single riders through #2, and 10 people through each gate of #3 for a total of 28 passengers.

There are so many problems with this. Splitting the rest of the train 10 / 10 means that each train is guaranteed to leave with empty seats, as no one is willing to communicate with each other for fill-in groups to step forward, nor do they understand what's going on in the first place. And what's worse is that once the doors open and you go to the boarding platform it's pretty much "anything goes death match" anyway. There were several instances where I saw single rider teenagers running around trying to hop from seat to seat, and even if you stick together a rogue single rider might split your group because they aren't told where to sit like they're supposed to be.

Wow, okay....

Thanks for the explanation. That does indeed look like a mess. And it doesn’t make any sense to have a fixed number of single riders per train.

Anyway, we’ll see how it goes. I’m expecting to make a report when I come back home and I’ll let you know how the experience was.

When Hyperion is cycled, the turnstiles will open and let 4 people through #1, 4 single riders through #2, and 10 people through each gate of #3 for a total of 28 passengers.

There are so many problems with this. Splitting the rest of the train 10 / 10 means that each train is guaranteed to leave with empty seats, as no one is willing to communicate with each other for fill-in groups to step forward, nor do they understand what's going on in the first place. And what's worse is that once the doors open and you go to the boarding platform it's pretty much "anything goes death match" anyway. There were several instances where I saw single rider teenagers running around trying to hop from seat to seat, and even if you stick together a rogue single rider might split your group because they aren't told where to sit like they're supposed to be.

That sounds like the dumbest use of a single rider line ever. The intention should be to make sure there are no empty seats, no cause a free-for-all death match.

That sounds like the dumbest use of a single rider line ever. The intention should be to make sure there are no empty seats, no cause a free-for-all death match.

The free-for-all death match doesn't even have anything to do with the single rider line - once everyone in groups 2 and 3 go through their turnstiles, there are no longer sanctioned lines and people gaggle up in front of the automatically opening door. Once the door opens, it's wide enough that people can go around each other and literally run to their desired row (though I recall the front is still blocked off) if they really want to.

The free-for-all death match doesn't even have anything to do with the single rider line - once everyone in groups 2 and 3 go through their turnstiles, there are no longer sanctioned lines and people gaggle up in front of the automatically opening door. Once the door opens, it's wide enough that people can go around each other and literally run to their desired row (though I recall the front is still blocked off) if they really want to.

This sounds like the Black Mirror if theme parks. Seriously a nightmare brought to life.

This sounds like the Black Mirror if theme parks. Seriously a nightmare brought to life.

Not really a nightmare, but it can get insanely frustrating. For what it's worth, everyone kind of keeps to themselves so there's never any screaming or shoving, and once you get to the air gate of the row you want, boarding is pretty much business as usual unless, as I said before, a rogue single rider seat-hops into your row.

Some new info regarding next season.

- new area is called "Aqualantis"

- coaster name is "Abyssus"

- area also includes DiskO Coaster, Rockin Tug and a boat ride

- a diving show

- a restaurant

- all designed by JoraVision

Also new artwork and CG renders:

7.thumb.jpg.3747c863a824b736a0ce3e71778971d3.jpg

"Abyssus" coaster entrance

9.thumb.jpg.9593f4e303f796e3356a18195d1df7ee.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.253d2bb42123f0bf8d1383a815114922.jpg

"Aqualantis" area entrance

2.thumb.jpg.070b81f162f88a8a885a0e2cc87fabee.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.86c9d2540dc8215f9f77542287e6f484.jpg

source:

http://www.mamnewsa.pl/magazyn/energylandia-otwarta-rowniez-zima-do-tego-calkiem-nowa-strefa-i-nowy-rollercoaster

Not really a nightmare, but it can get insanely frustrating. For what it's worth, everyone kind of keeps to themselves so there's never any screaming or shoving, and once you get to the air gate of the row you want, boarding is pretty much business as usual unless, as I said before, a rogue single rider seat-hops into your row.

Luckily in 2018 there were no lockers or vibrations on brand new Hyperion so this queue system was my biggest frustration with the park (other than random paths and hard to find/insanely long ride entrances. During the day the park was dead and the ride was a walk on, so they weren't using the gate system. All the doors were just open. But at night when it got busier (for their Halloween promotion and the on/off rained stopped completely) I walked into that room completely full of people and confused.

Since I was a single rider I made my way over to lane 2, but it took forever with only 4 people being allowed through. I don't think people realized they were in this line either as their were groups and they kept jumping the gate and trying to sit together. For my 2nd ride, since every lane was equally packed, I figured section 3 was the fastest way on with letting the most people through. As I was by myself I still got to fill in random open rows so I got just as good seats. If I ever went back, just go through number 3...or hope it's dead.

- a diving show

- a restaurant

[attachment=2]7.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=4]9.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]4.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]2.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=3]1.jpg[/attachment]

source:

http://www.mamnewsa.pl/magazyn/energylandia-otwarta-rowniez-zima-do-tego-calkiem-nowa-strefa-i-nowy-rollercoaster

So that vekoma mine train will be for 2021? As for the new launch coaster, vekoma's new stuff has been awesome so can't wait to see what other big rides they're gonna produce over the next couple of years. This ride kinda makes Formula obsolete though, still not really surprising from a park with about a dozen kiddie coasters.

- a diving show

- a restaurant

[attachment=2]7.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=4]9.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]4.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]2.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=3]1.jpg[/attachment]

source:

So that vekoma mine train will be for 2021? As for the new launch coaster, vekoma's new stuff has been awesome so can't wait to see what other big rides they're gonna produce over the next couple of years. This ride kinda makes Formula obsolete though, still not really surprising from a park with about a dozen kiddie coasters.

edit* Looking closely at the images, it looks like Energylandia is following their beloved tradition of never ending lines

2 Things:

How English Friendly is the park?

Do they accept credit cards?

It's a mixed bag. In Poland, everybody speaks English, but not all the signs will be in English, especially at food places. (Polish is so difficult to read, I ended up pointing to what I wanted).

They do take cards.

This might be obvious, but be sure to see other things in the Krakow area. If you want to go to Auschwitz (and you should), book your tickets in advance. Also be sure to visit the salt mine, and the occupation museum. Krakow has a nice old town, so it is a great place to walk around in. The Jewish Quarter is great at night. (But watch out for strip clubs/scams).

So the new land will be what, about a mile long walk from anything else in the park? Fun.

They already like building insanely long queue lines and paths everywhere so no surprise! But to expand with new lands, you have to build on the edge of everything else...eventually the back of the park will be the middle etc.

The park 2020/21 opening calendar was posted on their Instagram Stories earlier.

Main changes include the park opening for almost the entire month of October instead of only weekends and the park will begin opening in December.

8d4dde9e7fa3330e9753145c48cb3ced.png.422722358106338c0d3a0d1c9cdaa245.png

It's really quite ridiculous how fast this parks is expanding. It sure may have its problems but this is pretty remarkable.

It's also funny how I went less than two weeks ago and, while I did see some construction work behind the fences, I totally had no idea how massive it was.

• 4 months later...