TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

When Hyperion is cycled, the turnstiles will open and let 4 people through #1, 4 single riders through #2, and 10 people through each gate of #3 for a total of 28 passengers.

There are so many problems with this. Splitting the rest of the train 10 / 10 means that each train is guaranteed to leave with empty seats, as no one is willing to communicate with each other for fill-in groups to step forward, nor do they understand what's going on in the first place. And what's worse is that once the doors open and you go to the boarding platform it's pretty much "anything goes death match" anyway. There were several instances where I saw single rider teenagers running around trying to hop from seat to seat, and even if you stick together a rogue single rider might split your group because they aren't told where to sit like they're supposed to be.

That sounds like the dumbest use of a single rider line ever. The intention should be to make sure there are no empty seats, no cause a free-for-all death match.

That sounds like the dumbest use of a single rider line ever. The intention should be to make sure there are no empty seats, no cause a free-for-all death match.

The free-for-all death match doesn't even have anything to do with the single rider line - once everyone in groups 2 and 3 go through their turnstiles, there are no longer sanctioned lines and people gaggle up in front of the automatically opening door. Once the door opens, it's wide enough that people can go around each other and literally run to their desired row (though I recall the front is still blocked off) if they really want to.

The free-for-all death match doesn't even have anything to do with the single rider line - once everyone in groups 2 and 3 go through their turnstiles, there are no longer sanctioned lines and people gaggle up in front of the automatically opening door. Once the door opens, it's wide enough that people can go around each other and literally run to their desired row (though I recall the front is still blocked off) if they really want to.

This sounds like the Black Mirror if theme parks. Seriously a nightmare brought to life.

This sounds like the Black Mirror if theme parks. Seriously a nightmare brought to life.

Not really a nightmare, but it can get insanely frustrating. For what it's worth, everyone kind of keeps to themselves so there's never any screaming or shoving, and once you get to the air gate of the row you want, boarding is pretty much business as usual unless, as I said before, a rogue single rider seat-hops into your row.

Some new info regarding next season.

- new area is called "Aqualantis"

- coaster name is "Abyssus"

- area also includes DiskO Coaster, Rockin Tug and a boat ride

- a diving show

- a restaurant

- all designed by JoraVision

Also new artwork and CG renders:

7.thumb.jpg.3747c863a824b736a0ce3e71778971d3.jpg

"Abyssus" coaster entrance

9.thumb.jpg.9593f4e303f796e3356a18195d1df7ee.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.253d2bb42123f0bf8d1383a815114922.jpg

"Aqualantis" area entrance

2.thumb.jpg.070b81f162f88a8a885a0e2cc87fabee.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.86c9d2540dc8215f9f77542287e6f484.jpg

source:

http://www.mamnewsa.pl/magazyn/energylandia-otwarta-rowniez-zima-do-tego-calkiem-nowa-strefa-i-nowy-rollercoaster

- a diving show

- a restaurant

[attachment=2]7.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=4]9.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]4.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]2.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=3]1.jpg[/attachment]

source:

http://www.mamnewsa.pl/magazyn/energylandia-otwarta-rowniez-zima-do-tego-calkiem-nowa-strefa-i-nowy-rollercoaster

So that vekoma mine train will be for 2021? As for the new launch coaster, vekoma's new stuff has been awesome so can't wait to see what other big rides they're gonna produce over the next couple of years. This ride kinda makes Formula obsolete though, still not really surprising from a park with about a dozen kiddie coasters.

- a diving show

- a restaurant

[attachment=2]7.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=4]9.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]4.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]2.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=3]1.jpg[/attachment]

source:

So that vekoma mine train will be for 2021? As for the new launch coaster, vekoma's new stuff has been awesome so can't wait to see what other big rides they're gonna produce over the next couple of years. This ride kinda makes Formula obsolete though, still not really surprising from a park with about a dozen kiddie coasters.

edit* Looking closely at the images, it looks like Energylandia is following their beloved tradition of never ending lines

2 Things:

How English Friendly is the park?

Do they accept credit cards?

It's a mixed bag. In Poland, everybody speaks English, but not all the signs will be in English, especially at food places. (Polish is so difficult to read, I ended up pointing to what I wanted).

They do take cards.

This might be obvious, but be sure to see other things in the Krakow area. If you want to go to Auschwitz (and you should), book your tickets in advance. Also be sure to visit the salt mine, and the occupation museum. Krakow has a nice old town, so it is a great place to walk around in. The Jewish Quarter is great at night. (But watch out for strip clubs/scams).

It's really quite ridiculous how fast this parks is expanding. It sure may have its problems but this is pretty remarkable.

It's also funny how I went less than two weeks ago and, while I did see some construction work behind the fences, I totally had no idea how massive it was.

• 4 months later...
Apparently they are adding another Vekoma Junior Boomerang

https://rcdb.com/17242.htm#p=99897

Wanted to post this yesterday and completely forgot about it.

Here are some extras I know about it:

- It's 100% a Vekoma. Vekoma announced a 8th coaster at the park on Instagram with a picture of black track.

- Boomerang isn't confirmed but very likely as someone managed to snap a picture of black track piece with the rails bend to prevent the train from going off and looks identical to the Vekoma junior boomerang way of stopping the train.

- It might be a clone of Saven at Farup Sommerland as people found some aerial pictures with footers and when you place the Saven design on that it fits perfectly.

So it's most likely a black clone of Saven that needs to open this spring (also confirmed by Vekoma).

Edit: Spelling.

Abyssus is almost done.

Wow that looks like fun. It's a damn shame this park is so horrible at every single thing it does because there are a select few truly unique rides I'd love to check out. From everything I've heard about this place, though, it sounds like I'd rather swallow a shotgun.

Will the second Boomerang have a different layout from the other?

I hope so. I swear, this park is like someone is playing a scenario in Roller Coaster Tycoon when you are desperate for more money and guests, so you start spamming cheap coasters.

Seriously, this park has one of the largest coaster selections in the world, but the fourth best coaster at this time is the Vekoma family suspended coaster. I know this park is getting EU funding, but I would not be surprised if money laundering conspiracies start popping up.