TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

And as for the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo? I'm completely fine with paying for one for my backpack

I actually should point out that I don't have a problem with paying for a locker either. My issue though is this...

1711236782_stupidoperationsatastupidpark.thumb.jpg.2f815752f80206c7502f99bdd1b51f70.jpg

The inconsistency of being told while you wait in the line for the ride that you can use those bins on the opposite side of the train when they have clearly made the decision to stop allowing that and force you to get a locker. That's just poor design and "bad show" and is par for the course for many other similar things I saw throughout my day at the park.

If you're going to no longer allow people to use those bins, just re-edit that video. Seriously, I could re-edit that video in FIVE MINUTES so I refuse to believe that a park that wants to be a major player in Europe wouldn't have the capacity to do the same, unless they just don't care, which is exactly what the reasoning is in this example.

In my opinion the turnstile countdown system worked well enough, but there was never any room for people to step aside to allow a smaller group ahead of them. The turnstiles are also awkwardly placed, like right at the tops of stairs. At Hyperion, it was also very confusing because they use two queues for "group 3" which is the rest of the train, and let ten people through on each queue. Then you get to the top and the doors open and everyone just cuts in front of each other anyway. Pulsing single riders like that (group 2?) without a real human grouper also pretty much ensures that every train will leave with a few empty seats.

I've seen the turnstile countdown systems in other countries as well and they are common at the Italian parks. IMO, they have always been a cluster fuck and NEVER can be accountable for reaching maximum capacity on a ride. Here, take a look at this....

1501080848_hyperionqueuesucksallsortsofgiantballs.thumb.jpg.fa7f00f2166c062fa6f1cd2aeccf1567.jpg

Does that look organized? No? Well, you're right. It was just a mess. And these were the ONLY people in front of me when I waited for Hyperion and it took 40 minutes. Those counters on the turnstiles just don't really work. When the counter is down to "3" and yet the next group has "5" nobody goes. And no one with "3" steps up to take those open spots. And because the final queues to board the train are behind closed doors, you really cannot even group yourselves up or even try to fill seats . Almost every train I saw go out had anywhere from 2 to 6 empty seats on it. And when you're only running one train, that's TERRIBLE!

It was just so frustrating.

Edited by robbalvey

Hi Robb.

I'm curious how Hyperion compares to some of the other high rated Intamin hyper/gigas like Expedition GeForce and I305? I know you mentioned some of the rides were not good, but does it have potential to be in the same class?

I rode Red Force in Spain last year. I found it to have a bit more of a rattle than I expected.

I'm curious how Hyperion compares to some of the other high rated Intamin hyper/gigas like Expedition GeForce and I305? I know you mentioned some of the rides were not good, but does it have potential to be in the same class?

"Potential?" Yes, absolutely. Maybe not quite up to SkyRush, GeForce or I305, but up there with Superman Ride of Steel and Goliath for sure.

Wow, you had such a bad experience at the park, i'm sad to hear that the park got worse this year.

I visited the park one day during Hyperion's opening year and operations were really fast, sometimes hyperion had no line or maybe 5 minutes.. That ride became one of my favorite coasters. The first drop is unbelievable and that are many interesting moments and ejector hills, except the middle course hill which is pointless.. I liked it better than Geforce, Lech Coaster etc..But I rode it on a warmer day so maybe it was running faster. You had the possibility to store your items in the station and the rattling was very soft (just on the outer seats in the back) . I hope I won't change my mind next year when I visit the park again to ride Zadra!

Also, the kebab they sell is superb and BIG! Best kebab ever. You have to eat it if you go there.

I agree with the theming and the quantity over quality thing, they seriously need to get rid of those useless kiddie coasters and start to put less rides but with a better quality. Let's see what's next...

Yes the building is oversized but still operation are quite fast.

When there is noone in the line they are waiting for few more guests like any other park.

In fact I have not seen anyone including other RC bloggers/influences (call it how you want) complaining about operations in Energylandia that much. It simply does not look like you have wrote. It's weird noone else have experienced no-moving lines for all day long. I'd say you are exaggerating.

I am not going to tolerate someone telling me I am "lying" simply for reporting my experience at a park. Banned from our page. Take your stupid drama and agenda someplace else. It is not welcome here.

What is that? Can't people have different opinions than yours?

You weren't invited to the opening ceremony right?

Enviado do meu ONEPLUS A6003 através do Tapatalk

^I think you completely missed the point. He wouldn't have been banned for having a different experience than Robb and posting his different thoughts, it's painfully obvious that the banning point was stating only one experience (his) is true.

I've never understood why so many of these get aimed at Robb/Elissa when they say they didn't have a good time somewhere or even just 'This was ok but not mind-blowing.' on a website that has Review in the title. I remember years ago Robb saying something about 'Baron was good but Lost Gravity was the surprise hit' of a previous Europe tour and people lost their minds. Now I see lots of good things about Efteling over their previous visit and Symbolica doing dark rides better than some of the biggest parks out there (Universal?) by using actual animatronics and there's not a word from those same groups.

It blows my mind even more when in the last few weeks I've seen TR's from other TPR members or twitter posts echoing Robb's experience and nothing has been said calling them out as also 'exaggerating.'

Edited by Garet

^Yes! Thank you!

^^I don't even know what this means? Perhaps a language issue?

Wojok told Robb his opinion and statement of facts about what we experienced at the park was wrong. Robb told Wojok to take his crap elsewhere.

This was not just a "Robb Alvey" issue. We had a group of 24 people at the park with us, and even the people who enjoyed the park/rides more than we did still agreed that there were a LOT of issues. In fact, the group (without the three Alvey's voting) voted to leave the park EARLIER than planned! I don't think we even mentioned that in the last however many pages of random crap! So it wasn't an issue that it was too crowded or anything like that, it was just a frustrating park.

I don't know what you mean about opening ceremony? Are you talking about Zadra? Do you think we would have flown back to Poland a month after not loving the park just for a new RMC? Look, RMC's are great and everything but they are pretty similar (think back to 90's B&M's) and I don't need to run out of my way to hit up a new one as soon as it opens.

We have good friends that went to Energylandia months ago and had almost none of our same issues. That's great! Good for them! I think it's important to report on ALL trips to the park so you know to expect an average of probably somewhere in between a great visit and our visit.

People are allowed to have opinions, that includes Robb and others...but you all have to respect each other's opinions!

Edited by SharkTums

Robb and Elissa have significantly more travel experience than I do, but having been to most of the parks in the U.S., and a good portion of Europe, I will not recommend a park if I have a poor experience. That does not mean I will not consider re-visiting over time, but I'll give an honest opinion.

I've been absolutely blown away by some of the European Parks (i.e. Europa and Phantasialand). However, last year I visited England, and had a very unpleasant day at Thorpe Park. I know many people love it, but my experience was highly frustrating.

The shooting dark ride has no ride ops. People were confused about boarding the cars and just standing there on the platform waiting for direction.

On the positive side, food service was very fast.

Oh, gawd, that stupid dark ride. I had one foot in the car and another on the "platform" (well, concrete slab) when the damn thing dispatched. Then we rolled around inside a warehouse full of static sets and statues, with some fog, lighting, and sound effects--and guns that may or may not have worked.

We did hit that restaurant at the right time, and lunch was pretty good.

Yeah, in all the discussions about crappy kiddie coasters and shoddy theming, it really shouldn't get lost as to just how awful that dark ride was. It wasn't just bad, it was world-class bad. Stacy and I kept trying to load in, and then the car would randomly move up a bit. We'd back up, walk over to it, try to get in again, and it would move forward again. I thought I was going to get get run over and lose a foot.

And then you've got Bazyliszek over at Legendia, which is the complete opposite experience in every possible way.

You weren't invited to the opening ceremony right?

What the fuck does this even mean??? You know what, I don't even care. Banned from our page for being an obnoxious asshole. Again, I want to make sure that it is VERY CLEAR...

You are NOT BEING BANNED for "having an opinion" you are being banned for being an obnoxious asshole.

I might have to fly out to Energylandia to try this new RMC creation, it looks great and plane tickets from here is not that expensive.

I have to be honest, when they opened Hyperion it did not do a lot for me. Sure the ride looks fun, but the only real great parts looks to be the first hill after the first drop and the dive-loopy thing. Other than that it looks kinda meh to be honest.

This new RMC on the other hand!

^I feel like most people forget about that ride with so many coasters opening in such a short period of time. But I'm quite looking forward to it, since vekoma have done a lot of great stuff lately.

After reading some of the negative feedback I may delay my trip for a year or two and hopefully this park and figure some things out. I still plan on going but I think I may wait till 2021 or 2022 now. Plus in that time frame maybe 1-2 more rides worth visiting for may open. Right now the park only has 3 adult coasters that tickle my fancy.

• 1 month later...

Hey there, me and a friend are going to the park next Sunday (last day of the season). Does anyone have any particular advice for visiting the place?

Also, how is their locker policy? Do they have bins on the stations?

Accept that you'll be putting some money down for an all-day roving locker rental. At least back in July when we visited, they had station bins but you weren't allowed to use them. For most of the rides you'll drop your stuff off in the locker before the stair steps up to the platform, and then you''ll pick your stuff up by opening the door on the other side when you exit.

The park layout is atrocious so be prepared for that - for example, Formula's lockers are nowhere near the exit, you have to walk a ways and then turn around and go down a different path to retrieve your stuff.

Also, be wary of posted wait times - they're probably wrong. Also be wary of Hyperion's guest pulsing system at the end of the queue.

Accept that you'll be putting some money down for an all-day roving fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo rental.

It's only about 1/2 dollars for a whole day so much better than most other parks with this policy. Be prepared to WALK, re-rides are not allowed and the lines are set up tenuously long.

Thanks for all the advice. ^ That's kind of funny but also a bit worrying Indeed I have not heard many great things about the place (except for the main coasters).

Be prepared to WALK, re-rides are not allowed and the lines are set up tenuously long.

Oh yes, I had already seen a video somewhere about this very issue. Must be pretty bad

Also be wary of Hyperion's guest pulsing system at the end of the queue.

I'm not sure I understand... What do you mean?

Also be wary of Hyperion's guest pulsing system at the end of the queue.

I'm not sure I understand... What do you mean?

hyperion_queue_sucks_all_sorts_of_giant_balls.jpg

Robb explained this pretty well a few pages ago.

At the end of Hyperion's queue before you board, the queue splits into four groups. You have front row in #1, single riders in #2, and the rest of the train in #3, split into two groups themselves. When Hyperion is cycled, the turnstiles will open and let 4 people through #1, 4 single riders through #2, and 10 people through each gate of #3 for a total of 28 passengers.

There are so many problems with this. Splitting the rest of the train 10 / 10 means that each train is guaranteed to leave with empty seats, as no one is willing to communicate with each other for fill-in groups to step forward, nor do they understand what's going on in the first place. And what's worse is that once the doors open and you go to the boarding platform it's pretty much "anything goes death match" anyway. There were several instances where I saw single rider teenagers running around trying to hop from seat to seat, and even if you stick together a rogue single rider might split your group because they aren't told where to sit like they're supposed to be.

Wow, okay....

Thanks for the explanation. That does indeed look like a mess. And it doesn’t make any sense to have a fixed number of single riders per train.

Anyway, we’ll see how it goes. I’m expecting to make a report when I come back home and I’ll let you know how the experience was.