TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Has any non-Chinese park grown at such a scorching rate since circa-2000 Six Flags? Energylandia seems to be in a ceaseless growth spurt (and this is not a complaint!), but I'm not sure how the money is pouring in. Even with a bunch of kiddie coasters, 12 coasters in about 5 years is pretty wild.

A huge Intamin hyper is a massive investment...and they have a 164' water coaster popping up at the same time!? I read that Divertical cost about $10.4 million, and here it just appears like a freebie throw-in on the hyper coaster. I can't build this fast in RCT!

but I'm not sure how the money is pouring in.

If I have learned correctly, I'm pretty sure the government is actually helping fund the park!

Yeah, I remember reading they are getting EU development funds

*Looks back through Energylandia discussion thread to see where I read that*

Ahh here it is, page 36 of this thread:

Energylandia received European Union subsidy for 4 rollercoasters which will appear in the park until April 6, 2020.

(Btw Idk where coasterfrik got his info from, I'm just repeating what I've read)

Thanks everybody going a few posts back to fill me in on the government's involvement with the park's finances. Well, I'll say this for tourism...Energylandia is the first thing in Poland that's made me think, "Hmm...how easy is it to fly into Krakow?"

Energylandia is the first thing in Poland that's made me think, "Hmm...how easy is it to fly into Krakow?"

Getting to Krakow by plane is really easy, if you're flying into any of the major airports in Europe (Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Munich, etc...) there are daily flights to Krakow. Katowice is also nearby, but I don't know the flight connections to this airport.

But what I do know however is that I need to go to Poland in the not-so-distant future!

Interesting that Intamin decided to change their track with this one.

thumb_29354626_1310812995687456_1812706462230794135_o.jpg

coaster-through-the-clouds-03-1400x780.jpg

Source: Intamin Website

Appears to use much less steel, I hope that it's purely a cost saving measure and not a sign of a less forceful ride.

Interesting that Intamin decided to change their track with this one.

Appears to use much less steel, I hope that it's purely a cost saving measure and not a sign of a less forceful ride.

Judging by the pics it looks like the previous style had way too much extra steel, plus there was no support in the centre of the tie like in the new one. I'm sure it's just cost saving/more efficient. But then again I'm no engineer so I'm just guessing.

So is that what looks like space for a block brake in the middle? Rather bizarre that there is just a straight piece of track before the helix.

Yep, you can see the block brake on Divertical at 2:19 on this video:

I'm not sure just how often Mirabilandia uses the block brake, either. It sure as hell wasn't on when Robb filmed that video. You see me saying "alright, no brakes!" on the rider-cam because I'd ridden like 4 times prior and never once slowed down.

I'm not sure just how often Mirabilandia uses the block brake, either. It sure as hell wasn't on when Robb filmed that video. You see me saying "alright, no brakes!" on the rider-cam because I'd ridden like 4 times prior and never once slowed down.

I think the brakes are just there so they can run more boats, then if a one doesn't clear the splashdown area, the next boat can be stopped (a bit like a conveyor at the top of a drop on a log flume would). I guess Energylandia doesn't need such capacity.

On Divertical if boats were stopped on the brakes they would sometimes get stuck. Miribilandia actually added a winch to one of the supports to help move them because of this.

I keep wondering if there's any reason why all these water coasters have drops of "only" 45 degrees or something like that. It just looks strange to have such a long straight section of track there.

I keep wondering if there's any reason why all these water coasters have drops of "only" 45 degrees or something like that. It just looks strange to have such a long straight section of track there.

I've always wondered the same thing...

A catwalk appears to run down the length of the drop (probably for evacuation from / maintenance to the elevator), so perhaps the stairs can only be so steep.

Ever ride Goliath at Magic Mountain? Titan at SFOT? Yeah...

I believe its because the boats lack up stop wheels and if you have too many negative G's with no up stop wheels the boat could fly off the track. Heres a picture of a boat on Divertical as you can see no up stop wheels:

Vettura%20DiVertical%20Mirabilandia%20a%20due%20assi%20indipendenti.JPG

Instead of normal upstop wheels, there is an upstop rail in the middle of the track that the boat attaches onto. In looking into finding a photo to illustrate this, I found a link to an article showing an evac of Divertical which eloquently proves A.J.'s theory that it is in case the lift gets stuck https://www.ilrestodelcarlino.it/ravenna/cronaca/mirabilandia-divertical-bloccato-video-1.2319490

DSCF9583.JPG.1355e0bc413fc05e86271bb9bc2d0154.JPG

Image showing the upstop rail. Credit: stevecoasterblog.blogspot.co.uk

922658119_download(1).jpeg.36473c86f35b7c0d4049f766560d77b0.jpeg

Evac using the stairs. Credit: www.ilrestodelcarlino.it

download.jpeg.3ca013f9f75ef4df3721e8add54a60a8.jpeg

Evac using the stairs. Credit: www.ilrestodelcarlino.it

Ever ride Goliath at Magic Mountain? Titan at SFOT? Yeah...

Haha true, although those are a bit steeper.

The evacuation thing makes sense even though I would expect them to go around that issue if they really wanted a steeper drop.