TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

I know Vekoma has made some interesting stuff in the past 5 years, but I'm very surprised how people in this thread have been voting. I trust Intamin to deliver a top-10 coaster miles more than Vekoma - On top of that, the Intamin design simply is far superior and looks a lot more interesting.

I know people want to see what Vekoma is capable of, but at what cost? You could be actively voting against one of the best coasters in the world.

I agree but the other way round. I think the Vekoma is a much better layout and has the potential to be a much better coaster. And it has the potential to be groundbreaking. Especially if as we kind of all assume its cheaper the price is right (*this may not be true), If the ride lives up to its potential then more parks with lower budgets could end up getting hypers and thats a good good thing.

I genuinely don't think the Intamin layout is as good as the Vekoma. Sure the first few hills look excellent but not significantly more so than the Vekoma and the ending is really weak. In my opinion It's overall quite poor layout from Intamin and yeah sure it's Intamin it more than likely will be a good ride but post final traditional airtime hill It does nothing for me.

Which is something I never thought Id say

One can decide to have doggie style all their life, or vary positions…

...Which is why I'm voting Vekoma.

And also, I totally agree with ^.

One more point, Vekoma is also more reliable than Intamin, as far as I've heard and I honestly want to see what they can do with this. Seeing how well F1 Coaster came to be, I don't suspect that the standard would drop tbh.

Well, Vekoma´s layout seems more simple at first glance and might feel boring to someone, but it´s not the case I think and absolutely love the second half (which is usually the worse part of coasters). It´s subjective, but for me, Vekoma is the winner.

To me, it looks like a lot of people won´t ever choose Vekoma, just because it´s ... Vekoma. I think here, we are supposed to judge based on layout mainly. I know some people will like Intamin more, that´s normal, on the other hand I see lot of opinions "Intamin, because it´s Intamin"....

I know Vekoma has made some interesting stuff in the past 5 years, but I'm very surprised how people in this thread have been voting. I trust Intamin to deliver a top-10 coaster miles more than Vekoma - On top of that, the Intamin design simply is far superior and looks a lot more interesting.

I know people want to see what Vekoma is capable of, but at what cost? You could be actively voting against one of the best coasters in the world.

I agree but the other way round. I think the Vekoma is a much better layout and has the potential to be a much better coaster. And it has the potential to be groundbreaking. Especially if as we kind of all assume its cheaper the price is right (*this may not be true), If the ride lives up to its potential then more parks with lower budgets could end up getting hypers and thats a good good thing.

I genuinely don't think the Intamin layout is as good as the Vekoma. Sure the first few hills look excellent but not significantly more so than the Vekoma and the ending is really weak. In my opinion It's overall quite poor layout from Intamin and yeah sure it's Intamin it more than likely will be a good ride but post final traditional airtime hill It does nothing for me.

Which is something I never thought Id say

Really? I have never felt airtime on a Vekoma coaster before - and although Formula 1 looks good, it still seems slow. I just don't have faith that Vekoma can deliver a coaster that can match each small detail that make Intamin coasters so good.

The Intamin looks to have that crazy ejector, amazing pacing, and those crazy Intamin transitions (which I've never found from any other company) - I trust the Intamin would deliver what it proposes here. That ending looks like just like the twisy-ness that make I305, Maverick (and probably iSpeed and Taron) so good! Everything about the Intamin looks more interesting/creative/exciting/intense/better than the Vekoma.

There's just no chance Vekoma is willing to push the boundaries like Intamin does.

One more point, Vekoma is also more reliable than Intamin, as far as I've heard and I honestly want to see what they can do with this. Seeing how well F1 Coaster came to be, I don't suspect that the standard would drop tbh.

Umm, how long was Battlestar Galactica closed? How are those new trains working out? I'm not sure you can make that argument, especially when it comes to a prototype design at a height/speed unprecedented from Vekoma.

Edited by chickenbowl

I kinda missed this thread over the past few days but I'd never thought I'd see the day a bunch of nerdy enthusiasts were hoping for a Vekoma over an Intamin. Not saying either of them look bad (i'm always gonna pick an Intamin over anything, thats just how it is) but this... this is a monumental moment in coaster enthusiasm, guys.

Hmm one question, how will the park collect the data of which one of these people choose? I highly doubt they would come to TPR forum and read all our posts to know how we think. Hope they will have a fair and efficient way to let people vote which one they like more.

You can comment on a post on their facebook page.

Really? I have never felt airtime on a Vekoma coaster before - and although Formula 1 looks good, it still seems slow. I just don't have faith that Vekoma can deliver a coaster that can match each small detail that make Intamin coasters so good.

As far as I've heard the Formula 1 is a very good ride. The airtime is good, the ride is very smooth and the lay-out is fun enough. So we'll see.

The Intamin looks to have that crazy ejector, amazing pacing, and those crazy Intamin transitions (which I've never found from any other company) - I trust the Intamin would deliver what it proposes here. That ending looks like just like the twisy-ness that make I305, Maverick (and probably iSpeed and Taron) so good! Everything about the Intamin looks more interesting/creative/exciting/intense/better than the Vekoma.

Looking at the POV the intamin will have a bit higher amount of airtime, but not that much less. Also the train is longer, so the back and front will probably have a reall good amount. Looking at the speed it will be much better than an B&M at least. The fact that Vekoma never really did airtime doesn't mean they can't do it. Also, the ending of the Vekoma seems much much faster and better paced.

There's just no chance Vekoma is willing to push the boundaries like Intamin does.

Umm, how long was Battlestar Galactica closed? How are those new trains working out? I'm not sure you can make that argument, especially when it comes to a prototype design at a height/speed unprecedented from Vekoma.

Yes, they had that one failure with those trains, they also know why and have learned from it. Vekoma also had the first flying coaster, they build the tilt coaster, build one of the first SLM launches (opposed to the LIM premier used). They are also responsible for madhouses and boomerang coasters. The motorbike was one of their firsts and more important, all of those 'prototypes' didn't have to much problems.

Intamin however had several problems with G-forces which caused ride modifications, had snapping cables on their launched coasters, parts of trains dropping of. Yes, they push more, but also have more problems. I really like Intamin rides, Taron is second only to Wildfire to me, but blaming Vekoma for that one thing while Intamins track record is much worse is not right imho. I'd really really really want to see how vekoma does this one. I think they will surprise everyone.

After watching them again now several times I prefer the Intamin one.

Non inverting dive loop over non inverting immelmann every day of the week. The low speed hill on the Vekoma looks like the one on Shambhala, long and drawn out with no airtime. The low overbank on the Intamin followed by the great looking twisted speed hump looks superior to the Vekoma one. Not really a big fan of the zig-zag turns on the Intamin.

The overbank above the station is a nice and visually impressive looking feature on the Intamin. The ending on both the Vekoma and the Intamin looks great and none of them really looks better than the other.

I prefer the Intamin but I will be happy with either way.

I highly doubt they would come to TPR forum and read all our posts to know how we think.

To be honest I think the people behind the park is scouting all the coaster boards out there like crazy after releasing something like this.

Yup really, Sure we've never felt airtime on a Vekoma before. But when have Vekoma built a coaster that focuses on airtime? they haven't as far as I can remember.

So I cant base my preference on which one may give the best airtime. I know Intamin gives good airtime but Vekoma could give just as good. we simply don't know, i mean we can analyse the hills in these videos for shape and so on but that's never too conclusive. So going on pure layout terms and which I think is better. The Vekoma walks all over the Intamin.

Can Vekoma push some boundaries on force?

which is being built just down the road from Energylandia suggests maybe they can. And this design of a hyper from their advertising material suggests they are certainly willing to push some boundaries elsewhere

This is always going to be subjective though and many people will just pick Intamin because they know Intamin will produce a good ride. In my opinion Vekoma came up with a better design and I think they deserve the chance.

Having said that I'm certainly not going to moan if the Intamin gets built. I'll be in line the same as everyone else when it opens.

Edited by Gutterflower

And this design of a hyper from their advertising material suggests they are certainly willing to push some boundaries elsewhere

They posted this on their Facebook page.

"This is what a true Mega Coaster should look like!"

14525084_1836785496607696_6219279336610833733_o.thumb.jpg.9aba0ca1f5c666c60dd915e705d083c1.jpg

Well, that G-graph says a lot. I've seen readings from Goliath a few years ago (still looking for them though) which stated that the max negative G-force on the ride was about -0,6G. The ride Vekoma designed has several moments of that. Also, the positive G's while not as much as Expedition Geforce, but overal it keeps up both speed, airtime and G-forces. I think most highly underestimate the amount of airtime this ride offers.

I am all about Intamin, so I would opt for that over the Vekoma; however, the Vekoma design does intrigue me, nonetheless. I think either is a win-win (but, I prefer the Intamin, especially since there are so few built stateside nowadays and I love Intamin-designed coasters).

I'd love to read a review from somebody who has actually ridden Formula 1 at this park. How's the smoothness? How are the vest restraints? How's the airtime? How's the pacing? How do the trains ride? etc. I think it's very fair to be skeptical of Vekoma's performance after everything they've given us thus far. The only Vekoma's I actually like are the Disney ones.

I think it's very fair to be skeptical of Vekoma's performance after everything they've given us thus far. The only Vekoma's I actually like are the Disney ones.

You make it should like Vekoma has done a lot of inherently bad work. Rough, I'll give you, but that's not always their fault.

I'd love to read a review from somebody who has actually ridden Formula 1 at this park. How's the smoothness? How are the vest restraints? How's the airtime? How's the pacing? How do the trains ride? etc. I think it's very fair to be skeptical of Vekoma's performance after everything they've given us thus far. The only Vekoma's I actually like are the Disney ones.

I haven't ridden Formula 1 myself, but one of my friends did. According to him the ride is incredibly smooth, just as smooth as a brand new B&M. Airtime is good, comparable to smaller intamin hills. The transitions are different. The G's build up during the turn as opposed to quick lead ins/lead outs. The trains are a much better version of newest the MK1212 trains, but the Hyper will not have those, so no problem there.

Also, all new coasters by Vekoma using the outside rail system have been glass smooth. Orkanen, Formula 1, Tron etc are all on top of the smooth coasters list. So I think that smoothness should be no problem, especialy with this new designer they have.