TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

^^What? they've announced all of their 2017 additions and there's certainly 3 coasters, but none are GCI.

Like I said I read it on Facebook and I only thought they announce the Intamin water coaster and the Vekoma family boomerang where is the 3rd coaster???

You missed the most exciting one

Energy3.thumb.png.a2fb7ea2250026aabea708bc84b0c637.png

The GCI rumour comes from a picture the park posted at IAAPA last year stating they had signed an a memorandum of understanding with GCI that if they were to get a wooden coaster in the future it would be GCI who provided it. Something which they haven't taken them up on yet. But who knows, at this rate we could see one in 2019.

Wonder how the park is performing this year, I understand that it takes two years to really see a new park/ride's potential but it's definitely not common to see a park adding rides at this rate.

As for the Vekoma vs. Intamin thing, I really think that we don't need to worry about Vekoma too much. They are very different now and their coasters are incredibly smooth. Tron might just be the smoothest coaster I've ever been on! Intamin has the most experience building hyper coasters and even the worst of all the Intamin hypers is better than 85% of the coasters out there. On one hand Energylandia is giving Vekoma a huge opportunity to break into a new area, on the other hand this is a decision between a company that has the most experience and the best track record in the hyper coaster market and a company that is new into this competition. I'm curious of how Vekoma would perform if they got the contract because they will definitely go out of their way to make sure everything kicks ass but also an Intamin is an Intamin...

No idea where they are suddenly getting money to add so many attractions in the next few years, but oh well.

There is an enormous potential for the theme park sector in Poland. The country is on a strong economic growth and they have half the population of Germany.

This is the only major park they have in the country and it's quick success is probably only the beginning.

I've always wanted to see a Vekoma Hyper, and Energylandia seems to have a good relationship with them, but no arguing against a new Intamin hyper anywhere from me, ever.

Is this even actually a thing? Almost too good to be true.

Edited by Ed Farmer

Another Vekoma mega coaster will be built in Poland (the Bermuda Blitz), so I will prefer to see an Intamin for Energyland. Poland is already full of vekoma coasters!

As another user said, as we already know that Intamin won't dissapoint us and will create an amazing ride, we are not sure if Vekoma will be up to its task. So between doubt and guarantee I prefer the second one and let Vekoma just build the Bermuda Blitz for next year that looks an amazing coaster.

EDIT: If Google Translate is right, it seems that at 20.00 ( 1 hour left) they will reveal their decision on their facebook page!

Never thought it would be a tough choice between a Vekoma and an Intamin, but here we are.

Haha true!

That Intamin is class, but I want to see Vekoma start competing with big projects.

Those are my feelings too. I really want to see what they're capable of now.

That's some pretty aggressive expansion plans for just two years. My question is what is their attendance like? Can it support this level of investment in such a short time? It's a stupid question but in comparison Tayto Park in Ireland, another brand new park that is expanding at a good rate as well, isn't even growing as fast at Energylandia.

I didn't see the videos but I have always wondered what Vekoma could do with a hyper coaster. Nothing against Intamin, they build great rides, but based on what I've read the last few pages it seems they are more than capable of designing a kick butt ride.

I'm a bit torn on what I hope for. We all know if they go for Intamin they will get a world-class ride. But at the same time I'm also very curious to see how well Vekoma would do if given the opportunity to compete in this market.

That's some pretty aggressive expansion plans for just two years. My question is what is their attendance like? Can it support this level of investment in such a short time? It's a stupid question but in comparison Tayto Park in Ireland, another brand new park that is expanding at a good rate as well, isn't even growing as fast at Energylandia.

I don't know the numbers for the park, but Poland is a country with a huge population (38+ million according to Wiki) and almost no amusement parks (27 operating on RCDB, mostly small parks). With this aggressive expansion I would think they are trying to make it a holiday destination for a lot of people in Poland. The park is also located close to Krakow, the second largest city in Poland.

Edited by viking86

Yes. I agree it would be nice to see what Vekoma could do with a Hyper. However I like the Intamin one more, and Intamin are a tried and tested manufacturer and responsible for some of the best coasters out there. Also if the coaster uses the new Taron lapbar trains it would be amazing!

Intamin gets my vote!

Imagine the airtime in that last car on the vekoma on the first drop though.

Do you guys think the lenght of the trains is definitive or something that will be changed in the end?

Cause only 5 cars with a capacity of 20 people on the Intamin seems a bit low for a coaster of this size.

I will never vote against Intamin!

Truer words have never been spoken.

I know Vekoma has made some interesting stuff in the past 5 years, but I'm very surprised how people in this thread have been voting. I trust Intamin to deliver a top-10 coaster miles more than Vekoma - On top of that, the Intamin design simply is far superior and looks a lot more interesting.

I know people want to see what Vekoma is capable of, but at what cost? You could be actively voting against one of the best coasters in the world.