TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Wow -- good for Vekoma! Good for Energylandia! I've wanted to see the company really flex on a project with today's engineering and design capabilities, and this looks like a lot of fun! Fluid, twisty, diverse, should have lots of airtime...I'm digging it.

EDIT: Intamin is involved, too? So we're seeing two different proposals? Wow -- what coaster drama!

The Intamin would be awesome and insane, but I seriously want the Vekoma. With few US Intamin coasters having been built in recent years, I'd rather have Vekoma prove its viability on a big-league hyper and be a true alternative to B&M's hypers. For Energylandia, I think I actually prefer the Vekoma layout to the Intamin! It looks aggressive and graceful, like a kick-butt hands-up ride, whereas the Intamin looks to me to be a bunch of strung-together exaggerated maneuvers. I don't know, it just seems overwrought with stunts. I'm sure Intamin's coaster would be nuts, but my money -- for what it's worth -- is on Vekoma this time.

Edited by Samuel

Looking at both lay-out's I think the Vekoma one offers a more fun ride than the Intamin. While the Intamin animation looks better, the lay-out of the Vekoma offers more of what I like. Also, I think this would be a great thing for Vekoma to step up their game.

In the end Vekoma might have an edge because I think their ride will be a bit cheaper.

I hoping for the Vekoma hyper, I really want to seem them doing it!

I'm really wondering what's wrong with this park...this year an looping launched coaster, next year 3 roller coasters including a near 200 foot one and after that a real hyper coaster! Not to mention flat rides and other stuff..

Where do they have all that money from?!

I honestly have no clue which is better. They look so similar it is funny! I mean, they both have a drop followed by a large airtime hill, and then a twisty loop thing, but they are in reverse order to each other. Then there is the return journey with some airtime hill, then a section next to the station where there are some s-humps and steep corners and twisty bits. They look almost identical.

I love love love Intamin but that Vekoma It looks awesome

Had to edit my post b/c I was finally able to watch the full Intamin video, earlier it wouldn't play it kept stopping... now that I see the full vid The intamin hands down looks effing amazeballs!!!

Who has taken over at Vekoma this is just not the same company of the past they are making some really hot looking products lately I'm impressed!!!

I wouldn't mind seeing either of these rides at my home park SFMM that's for damn sure!!!

Edited by johnnyknottsville

Yeah, I never thought I'd say it but the Vekoma one looks miles better for me. The Intamin probably edges it on the Out and Back run but after the last returning airtime hill it loses it. The Vekoma keeps up the twists and turns towards the end much better and seems to keep its speed too.

Plus I kind of want to see Vekoma given the chance to strut their stuff. The two new loopers in Poland and one in China all look first class. Would love to see how they handle this.

All this stuff is very impressive. They can build it, but the other question is if they keep it running as well. This is rly huge investment. I hope it will turn out good, looks like this is going to be an amazing park. And it looks like they are working on theming a lot now as well.

Wow they both looked great, slightly prefer the Intamin one. Plus we know Intamin will deliver, they're masters at hyper coasters...with all the sh*tty rides Vekoma has built in the past I wouldn't trust them just yet.

Dude can't you see that old Vekoma company is dead!!! I wouldn't say they are on the level of Intamin but they are clearly light years away from the Hang and Bang Vekoma of the past it seems

Holyshitballs those layouts look insane, bezerk, otherworldly !!

It's really a cointose between the two layouts, intamin starts out stronger, but vekoma's second half is clearly superior.

I might give the edge to vekoma tho, If they use their new restraints (without the vest I might add). Like Gutterflower stated I really see potential in Vekoma's new products, don't get me wrong I love, love,love Intamin, it's just that I think that Vekoma might be a gateway hyper coaster manufacturer for secondary/mid-size parks if they get the price tag just right (and I really wanna see Vekoma show what they've got and how far they've come from their crappy SLC's )

Talking bout money, where does this park, in the middle of nowhere, get to money/investors to build 4 coasters in two years. I mean it's not like they have a famous brand name (disney, universal) or have seen nothing but great returns for the past couples of decades (like europa park). Not that I'm complaining tho, the more coasters, the better. Just wonderin'

I think both look phenomenal but I think the Intamin looks a tad bit better, especially the first half and I just think the dive loop-like element looks way cooler. Also, Intamin has a better track record, I know Vekoma has improved drastically, but with Intamin, you KNOW you are getting a great ride.

Wow they both looked great, slightly prefer the Intamin one. Plus we know Intamin will deliver, they're masters at hyper coasters...with all the sh*tty rides Vekoma has built in the past I wouldn't trust them just yet.

Dude can't you see that old Vekoma company is dead!!! I wouldn't say they are on the level of Intamin but they are clearly light years away from the Hang and Bang Vekoma of the past it seems

Oh i feel you, I'm definitely impressed by Rollercoaster Formula 1 and the junior boomerangs. However if I was going to spend $20 million on a ride I'd have more faith in a company that has Superman, Millennium Force, i305, Skyrush etc; on their resume.