TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Very nice train! But wouldn't using the vest like a seatbelt greatly decrease the capacity?

It looks like they could just have no vests at all. Anyway, they look pretty cool and I'm looking forward to knowing how it rides.

• 2 weeks later...
^Wow, that looks very good. Excited to see more modern Vekoma rides get built as it seems they have really started to figure things out now (minus some slight train issues)

Didn't Vekoma state 2 or 3 years ago that they have discontinued selling new products in North America? Kinda sucks... Freedom Flyer was the last new Vekoma built in 2013 (other than the Vekoma/Disney partnered Seven Dwarfs coaster in 2014 which was planned years in advance).

Also, this layout looks so fluid and smooth, almost... Dare I say.. RMC-ish? Do you think the recent partnership with Vekoma/RMC overseas may have sparked Vekoma to form a relationship with RMC's layout designers (Ride Centerline)??

No. I'd be willing to bet that this design was in the works before they started brokering Rocky Mountain Construction's ride systems. They've had a new looping coaster design (similar to this one) on their site / displays for a while now.

The designer of this ride is Benjamin Bloemendaal, who is, as his name suggest, dutch. Nothing to do with Ride Centerline (USA) then, which is composed of Alan Shilke and Joe Draves (among others? I don't know).

Bloemendaal started working with Vekoma for Orkanen.

The designer of this ride is Benjamin Bloemendaal, who is, as his name suggest, dutch. Nothing to do with Ride Centerline (USA) then, which is composed of Alan Shilke and Joe Draves (among others? I don't know).

Bloemendaal started working with Vekoma for Orkanen.

Awesome to know, thank you! Vekoma has apparently stepped up their game!

^Wow, that looks very good. Excited to see more modern Vekoma rides get built as it seems they have really started to figure things out now (minus some slight train issues)

Didn't Vekoma state 2 or 3 years ago that they have discontinued selling new products in North America? Kinda sucks... Freedom Flyer was the last new Vekoma built in 2013 (other than the Vekoma/Disney partnered Seven Dwarfs coaster in 2014 which was planned years in advance).

By this rate Gerstlauer will be the new roughest coaster manufacturer

Don't forget about the Roller Coaster Corporation of America, which brought us the incredibly smooth Bandit at Movie Park Germany..

It looks so smooth! Like, really actually super smooth! By this rate Gerstlauer will be the new roughest coaster manufacturer

Clearly you have never endured the horrors of the B&M rattle.

tumblr_mswusbhv1V1rik5jvo1_500.gif.f26d9dde8a53436083e2f2704d670759.gif

By this rate Gerstlauer will be the new roughest coaster manufacturer

Don't forget about the Roller Coaster Corporation of America, which brought us the incredibly smooth Bandit at Movie Park Germany..

I was only planning to go to movie park next year, so luckily haven't had to endure that yet

No but seriously gerstlauer (which are relatively cheap) do tend to get pretty rough and headache-y pretty much after opening.

This part of the article did not make sense,

Maurer AG, which was previously called Maurer AG

Huh??

Yeah, they should have said "Maurer AG, which was previously called Maurer Söhne". Typo, I guess!