TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Crazy Russian Coaster?!?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Fantasiana's Wild Train? Is it enjoyable intense or painful intense?

I'd say both. I visited the park in 2005 with the European Coaster Club so its been a long time, but I remember it as being crazy intense, crazy fun and crazy violent in certain spots. I rode it 35+ times that day and left the park with a major bruise on my left hip/thigh. As I have gotten a little older I'm not sure if I would enjoy it as much today, but back then it was one of my favorite coasters.

• 1 year later...
but Intamin made so many modifications

Are you sure that is Intamin? I already heard that a bunch of time, but I found no official statement. Plus, Intamin doesn't fabricate their tracks, it's Stakotra. I think the later did the job on its own, and Intamin was not involved. But I could be wrong.

I heard it from an ECC member, he was 100% sure about this. But finding some official statement about it would be really helpful.

Got it! A swiss newspaper had an article about it from 2011, but it's in german!

Google Translator:

At Conny-Land in Lipperswil drove on Saturday on the construction cranes and began to dismantle the rails of Cobra roller coaster. Because the works were rumors that the brand new roller coaster will be demolished. Because the Cobra was inaugurated the first Swiss roller coaster with looping until July of 2010. Originally the Maiden voyage should have taken place in April 2007, but the Russian production company was late. And now, as the roller coaster finally is, it is yet to be demolished?

Conny-Land Director Roby Gasser denied the rumors against over 20 minutes: "We do not break the coaster completely. We just want to make more attractive for the visitor. "Several guests, including many children, had in fact complained about the" bumpy "road. According to Gasser, this will now be corrected: "Our visitors have to say after the trip:" This is a great coaster "That's why we need to repair the bumps."

"It is high time that this coaster is bolstered. I've heard that guests got neck problems because of the bumpy road, "says Marco Schneider, owner of the online platform http://www.freizeitparkforum.ch. For him, the construction defects are not surprising: "This Russian company is known for their dirty work." According to Schneider, the coaster loses the repair is not attractive: ". The coaster is not losing Action, even with roller coaster freaks not"

The deficiencies in the web is a manufacturing defect of the Russian company. After the delayed start, the coaster thus already again ensures trouble. "I am very angry at the company. We now want to do something, "says Gasser. What will he do exactly against the Russians, but he does not want to reveal. The coaster had cost alone until the opening of three million francs instead of the planned 1.5 million francs. "Now again falls about half a million Swiss francs," says Gasser.

The repair of the track now takes a special company from Slovakia. In this company director Gasser has a lot of confidence: "These are reliable top people." He is confident that the coaster is ready at the season opening on April 9.