TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your drama queen theme park "tearjerker"

If I were a melodramatic drama queen, I would cry when....

...I drive by the old Celebration City graveyard in Branson and look at the completely useless, once-great Ozark Wildcat.

I almost well up with tears when I look at it.

OK, you get the idea.

Go!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rocky Point Park. That was my childhood, and why I love amusement parks so much today. Now it's just a broken asphalt lot, thanks to the scum that embezzled away all the park's money until it closed.

The part in IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth where the music builds in a huge crescendo and all of the lights in World Showcase come on at once. This occurs maybe a minute before the beginning of We Go On. I used to work Illuminations and despite having seen it hundreds of times, it still gives me chills. This is why when I hear rumors of a new show to replace the current version of IllumiNations, I pray it's not true.

On a side note the second time I ever saw the show, I was treated to the sight of two ducks flying over the inferno barge when it started going off. They were engulfed and all that was left of them was two flaming missile shaped objects that flew out of the other side of the fireball from where they flew in. They splashed down into the water where they continued to smolder for a few minutes before going under.

Hopefully no kid thought that it was Donald.

Whenever I think of the potential CGA could have had while also keeping much more charm, it does make me a bit sad. What cruel God would tear out a shuttle loop??

But I understand they didn't want to compete with SFMW up north, so that's why they built the Arrow Mouse & the go karts.

For myself, and it's a non-event I guess, is constantly seeing that un-used space in

Adventureland at DLP, beside the Indy Jones coaster. It's space for an eventual purpose,

but I feel like it's never going to be used, ever. And every time I take the train around

the park, we pass by the area...and I sigh.

That's the sad one. The overjoyed ones were the first times I visited DLP and Tokyo Disney Sea.

Standing in front of the Disneyland Hotel in Paris (2002) just overwhelmed me, and I started tearing up.

And when I first walked through that archway in TDS (2007) and saw The Volcano for the visit time...

Just an overwhelming feeling, and I had to stop and take a moment.

Those two were great tear jerkers for me.

EDIT to add: Actually, that first trip to DLP had me actually flipping back and forth between joy and

sadness tears in the following way... Tears of Joy on first standing in front of the DL Hotel. Then,

Tears of Sadness on finding out our mailed-to-us three day passes did NOT work at the side entry

gates, for such things! I was in shock. And it took them nearly one hour to verify the tix were indeed

real. I even had the accompanying letter with me, from them! It was an awful hour. Then we were

let in, with new updated passes, and I first saw the Disney Castle down the street....back to Tears of Joy, LOL!

(In hindsight, we knew we could buy ticket passes again. But that meant getting into the already long

lines at both the ticket booths and entry gates. And after this shock, it just went out of our heads.)

F_01TokyoDisneySeaEntryPort.jpg.90cf9dc75ac04a7eb5c9465f50aa9a6d.jpg

So happy there. (TDS - Sept.2007)

My old answer for many years was riding on the train at BGW past the old Drachen Fire site, especially for the four years it was SBNO. I finally got over that and they went and ripped out the Wolf, my first ever coaster and one I worked on! Verbolten is a great ride, but I would have rather seen them put it elsewhere and kept the wolf too

Passing by the first park with my first credit, Fraiser's Frontier, always gets me. Ever since the park got flooded, it's been abandoned and left to decay. Seeing all of the old rides just rotting away is really saddening. It was so lively and colorful long ago...