TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Today's Burning Question!

I can appreciate good themeing but I love thrill rides so I'll go with Cedar Point.

Also, I've already been to Disney (granted it was in the 80s) and I'd kill to go to CP.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since my family would go to Walt Disney World almost every year, WDW would have to win this round. I'm more comfortable with it's layout, food, clientele, etc. I also know what's great, and what I could do without, which is always useful when you have no money. Not to say Cedar Point isn't a fun place.

Such a tough question. . .

I LOVE Disney. It is simply amazing. Their attention to detail is simply breath taking. However, the crowds, and the time spent waiting for... everything.. from food, to rides its just frustrating to me. Disney is a vacation destination that is a once in a few years for us.

Now Cedar Point?? I LOVE Cedar Point. Cedar Point is a once a year destination for us. Yes, they have crowds, and lines as well. However the crowds (at least in my experience are never as bad as what we experience at Disney.)

So my vote goes to Cedar Point. Not to mention Top Thrill Dragster is an experience that you will never find at Disney.

I assume that this is JUST the Disney World park and not the entire resort, right? (not Epcot, Animal Kingdom, etc).

If that is the case, I will go with CP.

Disney World the park is great, but geared more towards kids and families with kids. While I certainly can appreciate that, I much prefer Animal Kingdom and Epcot, so if those parks were included, this would easily be Disney Resort beats the CP Resort - and by a wide margin.

Even though I love CP, I could see where people that live far away might not think it's so great. But being 3.5 hours away, it's always worth a few trips a year to hit a few coasters and enjoy the overall ambiance. No regional park in my area even comes close to CP. While I like Darien Lake, Fantasy Island, Canada's Wonderland & Waldameer, none of these parks are parks that I visit on an annual basis.

Personally, I like the direction CP is heading with adding thrills, but also focusing more on the total guest experience (IE: General park upkeep, landscaping, hotel renovations, adding more shows, Gemini area revamp, food options, etc).

I'm pretty sure the question includes all of the parks at WDW. There isn't a Walt Disney World Park, I'm guessing you mean the Magic Kingdom. I don't know if that changes your opinion at all.

I have to go with WDW myself. Cedar Point had three coasters that I really liked (Millennium Force, Maverick, and yes, GateKeeper). Other than that, the whole place has an extremely corporate feel. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my visit to CP and will most likely going back again next year. But it isn't even my favorite amusement park, let alone overall park.

WDW is one of my favorite places on Earth. I love love love love the place. Enough said.

Although over the two I'd pick Silver Dollar City. The best of both worlds in my opinion.

If the question was between Cedar Point and Magic Kingdom, then obviously I'd go for Cedar Point. But for the entire Walt Disney World resort (even just the parks by themselves) against Cedar Point? Yeah, I'd rather fly south and get a park hopper ticket.

I have technically been to both parks but when I went to Cedar Point I was 8 and I wasn't tall enough/was scared to ride some bigger rides. The biggest coaster I rode was Gemini. Right now I have to say WDW, but I think I would like CP a little more when I get to mopping up the creds. It actually is a beautiful park.

I assume that this is JUST the Disney World park and not the entire resort, right? (not Epcot, Animal Kingdom, etc).

If that is the case, I will go with CP.

Disney World the park is great, but geared more towards kids and families with kids. While I certainly can appreciate that, I much prefer Animal Kingdom and Epcot, so if those parks were included, this would easily be Disney Resort beats the CP Resort - and by a wide margin.

Even though I love CP, I could see where people that live far away might not think it's so great. But being 3.5 hours away, it's always worth a few trips a year to hit a few coasters and enjoy the overall ambiance. No regional park in my area even comes close to CP. While I like Darien Lake, Fantasy Island, Canada's Wonderland & Waldameer, none of these parks are parks that I visit on an annual basis.

Personally, I like the direction CP is heading with adding thrills, but also focusing more on the total guest experience (IE: General park upkeep, landscaping, hotel renovations, adding more shows, Gemini area revamp, food options, etc).

I'm pretty sure the question includes all of the parks at WDW. There isn't a Walt Disney World Park, I'm guessing you mean the Magic Kingdom. I don't know if that changes your opinion at all.

I have to go with WDW myself. Cedar Point had three coasters that I really liked (Millennium Force, Maverick, and yes, GateKeeper). Other than that, the whole place has an extremely corporate feel. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my visit to CP and will most likely going back again next year. But it isn't even my favorite amusement park, let alone overall park.

WDW is one of my favorite places on Earth. I love love love love the place. Enough said.

Although over the two I'd pick Silver Dollar City. The best of both worlds in my opinion.

Definitely had one of my "duhh" moments there!

I still call Magic Kingdom 'Disney World' so I should have specified that...I guess I really AM getting old!

But, yes...if I had to choose between Magic Kingdom and Cedar Point, I would choose Cedar Point because the thrills are more to my liking. But if you throw in all of the other parks and resorts that make up the entire Disney World Resort, the comparison isn't even close. And I wouldn't even say that the Universal Resort is close to the Disney resort either (although I really like that as well).

I know Magic doesn't exist, so WDW does absolutely nothing for me. If anything I see it as a great place for kids, but I personally don't understand why so many adults are into it. I'm more of a roller coaster fan than a theme park fan. I'll take Cedar Point any day of the week. Maybe when I have kids I'll take them to Disney... probably not.

I haven't been to Cedar Point, but if I did, I would still say Walt Disney World mainly because it's 4 parks, 2 water parks, Downtown Disney with an indoor park, a lot of hotels to choose from, and so much activities that will make you extend your vacation at Disney World.