TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Today's Burning Question!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been to Walt Disney World, but given that I like Cedar Point better than three of the four Disney parks I've visited I'm going with Cedar Point. That said, if I was offered a trip to one or the other I would absolutely choose Walt Disney World if the trip was 3 park days or longer.

Disney World!!!

Look I love Cedar Point and its rides, but I could probably cover the whole place in 3 days. At Disney, I could be there for 2 weeks and not be bored once. There's SO much you can do there! Plus I prefer the immersive theming of the rides and the environment over a standard amusement park environment.

Disney for the win!

Cedar Point hands down.

Don't get me wrong, WDW is fantastic and I loved my visit there. However, I get more bang for my buck at Cedar Point. I really only enjoy a handful of attractions across all of the WDW parks. Plus, I don't have to get on a plane full of stupid kids to get there.

I haven't been to either, but I grew up with Silver Dollar City, so that's been the gold standard for me. Because of that, I'd much rather be at a well-themed park that has a great overall experience than one that has a bunch of roller coasters adjacent to each other. I will make it to both eventually, but probably to Disney World sooner. So Disney gets my vote.

Walt Disney World, no second-thoughts on that one. I prefer theming and an "experience" than an island inhabited by a huge collection of world-class roller coasters. A park that themes their thrill rides get extra points by me!

I'm really surprised how even this seems to be turning out. I would have thought disney would win by a landslide. I guess it shows that different people like different things.

If I had the choice between one or the other Disney would win 100% of the time.

Disney.

no question, I've never been to Cedar Point (always wanted to go and will get there one day). But if I was offered there OR Disney?

I'd pick Disney.

the place is just completely, immersive, magic.

there's no other way to put it.

I'm really surprised how even this seems to be turning out. I would have thought disney would win by a landslide. I guess it shows that different people like different things.

If I had the choice between one or the other Disney would win 100% of the time.

I think it has to do with Age too.

although there are anomalies in the answer(for both parks -- I see a 45 year old picking CP, and a 20 year old picking Disney)), It seems to me the younger (20's) prefer the thrills, while the older (35+) prefer the themeing.

Disney for the experience, Cedar Point for the roller coasters. I've never been to Disney, but from what I've heard nothing beats it, so I'll choose Disney. I don't even really know much about Disney but everything I've seen/heard is glorifying it, and it is the largest park in the world. I also think that Cedar Point is over rated, I could name a few parks that I would rather go to (Hershey, Silver Dollar City etc.)

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to go to Cedar Point (mainly because of Maverick and Gatekeeper), but I think that Disney would be a better experience (I haven't been to either parks).

To me, Silver Dollar City looks like one of the best parks because it has both great roller coasters (and I love roller coasters) AND great theming.

Edited by GCI Wooden

I assume that this is JUST the Disney World park and not the entire resort, right? (not Epcot, Animal Kingdom, etc).

If that is the case, I will go with CP.

Disney World the park is great, but geared more towards kids and families with kids. While I certainly can appreciate that, I much prefer Animal Kingdom and Epcot, so if those parks were included, this would easily be Disney Resort beats the CP Resort - and by a wide margin.

Even though I love CP, I could see where people that live far away might not think it's so great. But being 3.5 hours away, it's always worth a few trips a year to hit a few coasters and enjoy the overall ambiance. No regional park in my area even comes close to CP. While I like Darien Lake, Fantasy Island, Canada's Wonderland & Waldameer, none of these parks are parks that I visit on an annual basis.

Personally, I like the direction CP is heading with adding thrills, but also focusing more on the total guest experience (IE: General park upkeep, landscaping, hotel renovations, adding more shows, Gemini area revamp, food options, etc).