TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Today's Burning Question!

We haven't done this in a while, so....

buringquestion.jpg

TODAY'S BURNING QUESTION!

Cedar Point or Walt Disney World?

Post your choice below and tell us why!

When we get to 100 responses we'll give away some bags of crap!

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might have answered this exact question last year with "Cedar Point because I can drive to it and it is cheaper." Which I think I'll still go with that even if Disney World is bigger, has far better hotels, infinitely better food, and is empirically better in most important-to-me categories than Cedar Point and even if I'm feeling a little burnt out on Cedar Point at the moment and haven't been to WDW in 3 years.

Without a doubt, Cedar Point. I've been to Walt Disney World, and it is not a bad place at all, but I'm a thrills-over-theming kind of person, and Cedar Point has many more thrills than Disney World. Disney does a phenomenal job with theming and no one beats them in that area, hands down, but theming isn't what brings me to a park, it's rides. As long as a park has some thrilling coasters and flats, that should make me the happiest, and Cedar Point caters to that preference much better than Disney World.

For me, I think a lot of it is relevant to where you live, how affordable and how much time you have. Growing up in Ohio, with CP as my home park, I always dreamed of doing WDW. Now that I have lived here in Florida for many years, doing the Disney parks, and haven't been to CP in almost 15 years, I long to go back to CP. To me, both parks offer completely different experiences. Sometimes I'm in the mood for thrills, sometimes the saturated theming of WDW. There's no diffinative answer, it just depends on mood,money and time. So for me, the answer is I'LL TAKE BOTH. I guess that's what makes me a park junkie, I love to visit them all !

Disney World. I do love the thrills at Cedar Point, but between the two - Disney wins it hands down. It really is the whole package with rides, shows, dining, waterparks, theming, SERVICE and of course villans, characters, princes and princesses.