TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Magic Springs for sure. There is nothing that stands out at this park. There is NO theming for anything in the park. Its just so... Meh.

Also,

Dorney

Kennywood

A majority of Six Flags Parks...

Nothing against any of these parks... They just seem so... Meh to me. I'm sure I will think of some more shortly.

Kennywood!?

I mean, you're certainly allowed your own opinion, but that is not a park I ever expected to see in this thread...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVED dorney. Such a nice, well kept park with an amazing flat and water ride collection. Steel force and talon were amazing and hydra and possessed were awesome. A GCI like gold striker would be a huge winner for this park.

Other bland parks that I have Been to would be

Lake compounce

LOVE Bd t&l and enterprise but there is really not too much left.

Palace playland- carnival with an awesome Matterhorn and trokia

Seaworld orlando

Two top notch b&ms and a fun yet outdated water coaster. A lot of outdated spots, needs a makeover.

I have to agree with SeaWorld. Even though Manta is one of my all-time favorites, the park doesn't scream "come back!" to me. Especially how expensive it is to visit now.

Another park like this for me is Canobie Lake. Don't get me wrong, it's an absolutely gorgeous little park and Yankee Cannonball is fantastic, but literally nothing else there gives me a desire to go back.

I forgot about Wild Adventures, besides Cheetah I have no interest in that park. It's 5 hours away so I'm only really going for the 8 creds.

SeaWorld Orlando is a great park, especially if you see the shows. Manta is overrated though.

Dorney has 2 or 3 coasters that look interesting but the park itself looks dull and bland.

I have to agree with SeaWorld. Even though Manta is one of my all-time favorites, the park doesn't scream "come back!" to me. Especially how expensive it is to visit now.

Another park like this for me is Canobie Lake. Don't get me wrong, it's an absolutely gorgeous little park and Yankee Cannonball is fantastic, but literally nothing else there gives me a desire to go back.

I wouldn't say its bland. For coaster enthusists it's not the best coaster park but the flat ride line up is the best in NE. These middle sized parks like lake compounce and canobie are hard for me to put on here. The park itself is far from bland but big enthusists are usually not visiting parks like these

Sea World Orlando is amazing. I remember sitting in the sun by the lake last year during Bands Brews and BBQ and just thinking that it was probably the most relaxing day I've ever had at a theme park. There's a lot to do but you never feel rushed, the atmosphere is great and it's a lot different than your typical theme park experience. We're actually considering driving down to Orlando in February for 2 days and visiting 2 parks and Sea World is one of them. It's not a typical choice but we love it there (and my girlfriend loves whales so I never had a choice in the matter anyway, lol).

There's nothing bland about that park.

Now this is bland...

Darien Lake for sure, I went earlier this year and it was the definition of bland. No music playing in the park, and all the employees lacked enthusiasm. I got to the park and 10AM and was out by 2:30 because there was really nothing to do there.

I wouldn't say its bland. For coaster enthusists it's not the best coaster park but the flat ride line up is the best in NE. These middle sized parks like lake compounce and canobie are hard for me to put on here. The park itself is far from bland but big enthusists are usually not visiting parks like these

Well, Canobie Lake does have a real Rotor and a Caterpillar. Those are big points in my book. The dark ride and log flume are decent as well. As nice as that is, it's simply not worth doing the long drive again for me.

Another vote for Dorney here. Gosh, I really want to like the place, I really do. I don't hate it, but it always leaves me feeling "flat" and pretty much ready to go. Maybe if I were a water park fan, I would enjoy it more - but I've always been of the opinion that I should not have to put on a bathing suit to enjoy a day at a theme park.

This is my deal with Wild Adventures as well. When an SLC and a woodie running G-Trains are your top rides attractions, I really don't feel that adding cabana's and a new family water slide or whatever crap they added this year, will do anything to bring me back to the park.

I like Dorney quite a bit but there's no denying it's a bland park. They have a ton of fun rides but very few that really stand out. I'll say this... every time we go to Dorney we end up liking the place more and more. The park is very well run, very clean and it has a very nice assortment of flat rides. There's nothing wrong with the park, it's just that it has absolutely no personality.

^ This. I enjoy Dorney tremendously, and I love their coaster collection. I drive past it a lot on I-78, and I never stop for it. Maybe I'd visit it more if I get another CF Platinum Pass.

Another great example of this is Marineland in Canada. It's a nice park with lots of potential, but it's so dull. They have a great Arrow all the way in the back with very little filler in between. I swear you have to walk a mile to get back to Dragon Mountain. Plus, almost everything in the park is painted brown. How dull is that?

There was a time, that Dorney Park had a real edge over Hershey Park. From 1997 to 2012, they had a 205 foot tall coaster that goes 75mph, they also have a VERY unique floorless coaster with multiple unique inversions. Now, Hershey basically killed two birds with one stone by building a freakin' FLOORLESS INTAMIN HYPER with tons of ejector air, something that is definitely missing from Steel Force. SFGADV got at one point, the worlds tallest and fastest roller coaster, they got a cool hand-me-down coaster, (that is UNFORTUNATLEY a standing coaster)...What did Dorney get? A coaster that COULD have been cool, if it actually functioned like a roller coaster should.

I drive 4 hours each way several times a year to Knoebels. I've visited Kennywood, Idlewild, Lakemont, Canobie, Hershey Park, Great Escape and Rye Playland. But there's nothing about Dorney that has yet made me want to check it out. Darien Lake is less than an hour away, but I haven't been there in over a decade. So I guess my instincts are on track.

I do not understand how some people say that SeaWorld is bland... Bland to me seems dull, something you would just cut and paste. SeaWorld is very colorful, has good mixed use of attractions and the shows are very good. They may not make you want to come back again but it is far from bland.

I hope I don't jump the gun on this one and that I do not get killed for it...but, I feel that Kentucky Kingdom is bland. Lightning Run looks great and the way they are building up the park seems to be heading in the right direction , at least for the amount of guest that visit. But even in the Six Flags days it never made me go out of the way for it.