TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ever had a train all to yourself? Which ones?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My girlfriend and me we had a "train" for us on G'sengte Sau (Tripsdrill) and Wild Mouse (Fun Fair) for us. But a "train" is one car with 4 seats on these rides! But on G'sengte Sau we were riding it 3 times in a row without leaving the car, because there were no people waiting!!!

El toro at opening because everyone went to Kingda Ka and Kimanjaro. I rode once alone but the next 4 cycles a few people came aboard.

Also at Kings Island on a weekday in May with bad weather I have been on almost every ride without another person.

The only ones that come to mind are Talon and the Conneaut Lake Blue Streak (obviously because nobody goes to that park). Normally I don't like this on wood coasters or airtime coasters as the trains run slower and the ride experience isn't as good but since Blue Streak is such an awful ride I was pretty thankful for the fact that there was no additional weight in the train.

At SeaWorld Orlando, I rode Kraken in the front alone once. It was a pretty cool experience. I had several rides on Journey to Atlantis all to myself.

At Valleyfair, I've ridden High Roller, Corkscrew, and Excalibur all by myself. I may have had Renegade to myself once, but I'm not completely sure.

I've never had that experience. But I've had the front row for myself on superman at Warner which is kind of odd as that left 3 empty seats on the most popular row when there were some people elsewhere (and no, they weren't in groups of 4)

Talon at Dorney. It was Dorney and it was raining, so the crowds were low anyway. Rode in the front seat, but I should have ridden a seat back. I was drenched pretty much when I got back. However, there was a nice looking attendant, so that made it all worth while.

The closest to "alone" was Magnum XL-200 on a rainy day. I remember it was only a little girl, her dad, and me. This was also the first time I rode magnum or any coaster above 200 feet. I "sneaked" away from my family (i was 12 at the time) at the waterpark, re-entered CP and rode it. The biggest thing I rode up to that point was Raptor, so I was in for a HUGE surprise considering I never rode an airtime machine up to that point.

Edited by JonnyRCT3

Dorney - Hydra, Stinger, Laser, Thunderhawk

Great Adventure - Barman The Ride, Bizarro, Skull Mountain, Scream Machine, Runaway Mine Train

I want to eventually get solo rides on everything at Great Adventure except Kingda Ka (since they won't dispatch the train with 1 rider).

I'm only counting coasters with more than 1 car.

Canada's Wonderland- Ghoster Coaster

Funtown U.S.A.- Excalibur

Kings Dominion- Hurler

Six Flags New England- Mind Eraser

Story Land- Polar Coaster

Universal Orlando- Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster

I love having a train to myself, it's happened a few times to me.

California's Great America:

Gold Striker, Top Gun(CGA), Demon, Grizzly, Vortex, Psycho Mouse.

SFDK:

Roar, Boomerang, S:UF

How do those not have other people on the train. I can understand everything else listed but S:UF and Gold Striker are pretty new rides. And Gold Striker might as well be right inside the front gate did everyone say "Lets go ride the 20 year old B&M or 25+ year old demon!"

I have been on two, in very different situations. I rode Cannonball Run at Waterville USA at the Gulf Shores in Alabama. I rode it 18 times in an hour and half, and 13 of those were solo rides, and one ride was my Dad and I on it by ourselves. I would have gotten more rides in, but the ops made me get off after 5 rides and take a 20 minute break. I did like how the ops didn't even stop the train in the station on most of my consecutive rides.

The second empty train experience was on Expedition Everest at WDW Animal Kingdom. I was a chaperone an orchestra field trip over spring break and our group had a special breakfast buffet at the park before it opened. We were then walked to Expedition Everest to be first in line when the park opened. Myself and another chaperone, who had not been on the coaster, brought up the tail of our group. When we got to the station, we asked the ops if we could wait for the front row which they allowed us to do, so we got to ride by ourselves on an otherwise empty train. It was a cool experience.

I got a train all to myself on Superman: Ultimate Flight at SFDK last February on a rainy day. I got wet, but it was great to be sitting in the front row with nobody else on board. I also got a train all to myself on Thunder Dolphin in Tokyo back in 2007. Barely anyone was there, and I rode 12 times in an hour. One of those rides had me as the only ride, sitting all by my lonesome in the front seat. It was a bit awkward having the ride ops do the entire pre-ride spiel (including dropping the stuffed dolphin...those who have ridden it now what I mean) for just me. Neat experience, though.