TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Massacre Haunted House

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chicago Tribune rated The Massacre Haunted House #1 in IL 2014........

1. The Massacre (299 Montgomery Road, Montgomery)

Think you’re safe in the parking lot? The moment I stepped out of the car and looked up, I noticed a man wearing a mask and holding a bat giving me a life-less, Michael Myers-like stare from behind the car. This was the first of many scares at The Massacre, which was previously located in Naperville. “It’s three times as big this year and it flows better,” said general manager Nic Miele. “Some haunted houses jump from a medical facility to a person’s house. Here, you go through a waiting room in the hospital to the surgery room to the bathroom and then leave the hospital and go to an outdoor part and then a mausoleum.” I almost never get scared by costumes, but the ghoulish pope in the church set is so tall and terrifying that I unintentionally let out a religious expletive when I saw him. The cross-dressing junkie with a dollar bill in his nose, on the other hand, wasn’t scary, just persistent. He needed his fix and let me know he was willing to do anything – and I mean anything – if I helped him get it. The movie theater room that included a film playing on the screen and horror film posters in the hallway was original. The room that requires you to walk past 14 clowns was just cruel. I definitely let out an “Oh, c’mon” when I entered that room. I knew a few of the clowns were real, but the only way to find out was to walk by them, and by then it was too late. There were so many scares, it got to the point where I wondered toward the end of The Massacre what kind of effect all these haunts will have on my health. And when a haunt is so scary it makes me think about my health, it needs to be No. 1 on my list.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/celebrity/chi-chicago-haunted-house-rankings-20141011-column.html#page=2