TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Top 3 Roller Coasters From Your Birth Year

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3. Ninja - Six Flags Magic Mountain (I rode this once in 2002 and I don't remember much of the experience.)

2. Wolverine Wildcat - Michigan's Adventure (Fun coaster.)

1. Shockwave - Six Flags Great America (I miss it )

Honorable mention: Jetline - Grona Lund (I really want to ride this someday.)

• 3 months later...

I cannot believe how young some of you all are!! Makes me feel old with some of the ones I'm reading about in this thread.

I haven't noticed any other 1977's in here yet, but I have not read through all the pages yet either. The only thing I can find is:

1. Space Mountain at Disneyland (I rode the original track made by Arrow Dynamics during childhood, and then the layout done by Vekoma since then).

I cannot seem to find anything else built in 1977... so going to 1976 when I was first conceived and in the womb.. yeah, this is a bit of a stretch

2. Revolution at Six Flags Magic Mountain (Rode that one many countless times over the years. A fun classic!)

3. Corkscrew at Cedar Point - I have never been to Cedar Point, so don't know if that one is even still there, but that would be three.

Well my birth year was the year of the Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loops (1977):

1: White Lightnin' @ Carowinds

2: King Kobra @ Kings Dominion

2: Greased Lightnin' @ California's Great America (then Marriott's Great America)

Wow! I didn't find any of these on searching, but it looks like my Space Mountain, White Lightnin' and King Kobra would be it. Year of the loops.... maybe this is the reason I prefer coasters with loads of inversions

I was born in 1996.

We have:

1. Montu - BGT

2. Mantis/Rougarou - CP

3. Flight of Fear - KD/KI

I've only been on the first two and obviously Rougarou as Mantis.

Dang I remember going to KI the year Flight of Fear opened. It was called The outer Limits Flight of fear back then. The Queue line was backed up all the way out down coney mall. I remember waiting in line to ride it and some guy came by with a measuring stick and said I was too short to ride. I was always a short kid, it sucked.

I've only ridden one rollercoaster from the year I was born, so it therefore has to be my number one by default:

Vampire - Chessington World of Adventures

I guess the other two will have to be picked based on me simply having heard of them!

Texas Giant - SFOT

Thunder Run - Kentucky Kingdom

...they could be awful to ride, but frankly I wouldn't know personally (especially since the former is now the New Texas Giant).

Well my birth year was the year of the Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loops (1977):

1: White Lightnin' @ Carowinds

2: King Kobra @ Kings Dominion

2: Greased Lightnin' @ California's Great America (then Marriott's Great America)

Wow! I didn't find any of these on searching, but it looks like my Space Mountain, White Lightnin' and King Kobra would be it. Year of the loops.... maybe this is the reason I prefer coasters with loads of inversions

You can easily search for roller coasters and search for most statistics (by year, park, height, length, speed, inversions, etc) http://rcdb.com/

More specifically for those opened in 1977: http://rcdb.com/r.htm?nm=na&op=1977&order=1&ot=2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after checking my birth year of 1960 again, these appear to be the "top three" :

Skyliner (double out-and-back woodie at Roseland Park in New York)

Big Dipper (a side-friction woodie at Ocean Beach Amusement Park in Wales)

Golden Nugget (steel, sit-down coaster, Dinosaur Beach, New Jersey)

The first two are gone, but the last one was reborn as Black Diamond at Knoebels.

022_226.jpg

Well, after checking my birth year of 1960 again, these appear to be the "top three" :

Skyliner (double out-and-back woodie at Roseland Park in New York)

Big Dipper (a side-friction woodie at Ocean Beach Amusement Park in Wales)

Golden Nugget (steel, sit-down coaster, Dinosaur Beach, New Jersey)

The first two are gone, but the last one was reborn as Black Diamond at Knoebels.

Skyliner was relocated to Lakemont park

Of the whole 4 I've been on it's sure hard to pick the "top" 3, maybe just the 3 least terrible Here goes:

1. Magic Mountain - Gardaland

2. Schweizer Bobbahn - Europa Park

3. Monstre - La Ronde

then:

4. Disaster Transport - Cedar Point