TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Photos YOU Have Taken

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my favorite picture of a coaster is with my fiancee, daughter, and two best friends. they are on the hulk - for the first time. my friend maggie's face is just priceless![/img]

pic019.jpg.df2e651b7df17b49e9dcbe07e9fa82b9.jpg

second row left to right - maggie, chad, my daughter ameilia (whos head can barely be seen) and my fiancee scott

• 1 month later...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/Reon_Skyridge/Rollercoasters/theygotwet.jpg

the cool part about this is, it actually looks like your really getting wet and such...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/Reon_Skyridge/Rollercoasters/firsteverpovshot.jpg

my first onride shot ^^ you can see alot of the layout, plus some other rides. my only regret is somehow getting my finger in the way...[/i][/url]

• 9 months later...

Please only post pictures you have taken YOURSELF and a little insight as to why you think it is your best pic.

Remember not a pic of the best coaster but the best Picture (It could even be of Manhattan Express )

Here is mine...Mantis in 1996....the structure and Sky was so vivid with color, the trains were spotless...you can see people's faces and did I mention the Sky?

JEFF

mantis960001_519.jpg.715b73854fc2d896893a5a754b20f657.jpg

For some reason I'm a big fan of this picture. I just think that I took it at a great time of day. The sunset makes for a nice backdrop for the cobra roll of Hydra in the foreground, and the addition of Steel Force in the background really makes this a special picture to me. Needless to say, I'm proud of it... especially since I'm in my early days of photo taking.

15cc.jpg.9a28a851b7e1b58061f6284e800a24bd.jpg

Hydra: The Revenge, 2005

I have lots of good ones but I really dig this one a. because I don't have many good night shots and b. I have hardly seen any night photos of this ride so far. So, here's GOLIATH at Six Flags Over Georgia:

Edited by ParkTrips

I'm surprised anyone that labels themself a 'photographer' can choose just ONE pic that is their favorite. As someone who take thousands of pictures each year, I say it just can't be done. I have too many 'attachments' to too many pics to choose just one as my favorite. I picked twenty YES TWENTY of my favorite pics. But for every one I chose there are at least 20 more I didn't..

In no order whatsoever..

I really think the sky makes this picture. If it would have been just a plain wonderful blue day, it would have been dare I say.. "boring". The clouds give it life.

This is just a fun picture to look at. Not to mention the 'blurring' was totally not intended.

Ok its not of a coaster, so shoot me. This picture pretty much encapsulates the insanity that is the Knoebels Flyers. Robert Coker (yes of www.thrillride.com fame) looks genuinely afraid for his life in this picture.

This is Fandango at Knoebels. Originally I did not like this pic at all, since it was blurry and all you could see was the bottom of the pendulum with a few legs. I don't know what happened but now I love it...

I know damn near everyone has this pic, but I just love this one so much I HAD to include it.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, no one at all has this pic. Seriously how many pics do you know of that have every one of Beast's 7359 feet in it?

I think I got the timing perfect on this one.

I like this because you can see the entire train. The beach and the water make it look 'tropical' too..

Its teh Force.. I dunno what else to say.

The high res version of this is even better.. you can make out every individual molecule of water.

Now we start to get to the good pics.. this one was my desktop for many, many months.

I actually credit this picture with getting me 'into' photography. I remember setting it up for like 10 minutes at the park, just trying to get that perfect angle. I came home and showed all my friends and they were equally amazed.

Got lucky with this one in line for HXLC..

I really love how the plants 'frame' Rebel Yell.. and the fact that its racing further purpetrates the cause for 'great pic' status.

The lighting on this pic is just amazing IMO.

This pic is from the Sternwheeler, so I'm sure you'll never see anything like it again.

My brother and dad's (front row) faces *MAKE* this picture.

This picture was taken by complete accident. I Was trying to take a picture of the train before this part of the coaster, and something went wrong with my camera so I pointed up quickly and snapped a picture before the camera had time to focus. One of the best mistakes evah.

This one is just great because of its simplicity.

This one means a lot to me, it was the first 'great pic' I ever took with my current camera. Which was actually the first day I really 'used' it. Its also of the coaster I consider 'turned' me enthsiast. Everything about this picture is great IMO.

Hope everyone enjoyed them and isn't pissed off I posted so many. Check out http://www.pbase.com/jamminj for more.

-J(Who totally just looked at 3000+ pics in the last hour)