TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What was your First Launch Coaster?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either Wicked Twister or TTD, not sure which one was first. It's been probably 15 years now, the ol' memory ain't what it used to be.

E: These rides weren't open 15 years ago. Now that I'm posting with a clear head, it was more like 10 years ago.

I am remembering better that my first was Poltergeist at SFFT, in 2001. I also rode Aerosmith Rock 'n Roller Coaster at Disney before the CP rides, in 2002... Serves me right to post late and drunk

Edited by MFJorts

Possessed at Dorney Park...the year it was called Voodoo. Prior to that, I was so scared of launched coasters, I had no problem with coasters like Steel Force, Hydra, and Talon....But it was something about being launched without warning that got to me. Even to this day, I still get some butterflies in my stomach when I ride coasters like Flight of Fear and Volcano-The Blast Coaster....despite those being some of my favorite rides in KD behind I305.

After riding Voodoo/Possessed, I knew that all kinds of coasters were nothing to fear...And when I eventually rode on Storm Runner, that became one of my favorite rides in Hershey...