TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How do you watch YouTube?

Please select ALL the options that apply to you. (Read the instructions below)  

1,709 members have voted

1. 1. Please select ALL the options that apply to you. (Read the instructions below)

• My *main* YouTube viewer is my laptop/desktop
    • My *main* YouTube viewer is my mobile device
    • I watch YouTube on a set top box on my TV (Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, etc)
    • I actively watch playlists created by YouTube Channefluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo
    • I rarely watch playlists created by YouTube Channefluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo
    • I find most YouTube videos through the channefluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo I'm subscribed to
    • I find most YouTube videos through social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
    • I often share YouTube videos on social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
    • I rarely share YouTube videos on social media
    • I often comment on YouTube videos
    • YouTube comments rot my brain and I stay far away from them

Guess I'll be the odd one out here, I use my ROKU 3 to watch YouTube videos on my tv. I like the ROKU because not only does it broadcast videos in HD to my tv but I can also watch other channels I am interested is like Drama Fever and Netflix also in HD. I will say, though, I will watch videos on my phone if I am on Facebook and a YouTube video is posted on it but that would be the only time. I used to post comments on YouTube videos but I got tired of arguing with people who seem to want to start arguing just to argue. I don't watch channel playlists because when I go on YouTube I already know what I want to watch but I do find myself watching the "similar" videos on the right hand side, there are only 4 channels I subscribe to on YouTube anyway.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like looking at playlist but some good ones are hard to find and most of them seem like 30 different items in a blender other than the trips your group takes and the best roller coasters. I would watch more if they were sorted out by country America,Japan, Europe or even the names of the parks with rides in that playlist Six flags great america /Cosmoworld Yokohama Japan /Tobu Zoo Japan /Mt Olympus Wisconsin Dells but that would be over doing that and would take a lot of time.

For the channels i never really understood how that worked even after being on youtube for 10 years i never bothered with it. this is either a good thing or bad thing

Answer one of the following two:

My main YouTube viewer is my laptop/desktop

I rarely watch playlists created by YouTube Channels

I find most YouTube videos through the channels I'm subscribed to

I rarely share YouTube videos on social media

I often comment on YouTube videos

My comments:

-My main YouTube viewer is my desktop computer. Since this is where I spend the majority of my time (while at home), this is primarily what I use to watch YouTube videos. Occasionally, I will watch a video on my iPhone (usually if I am out somewhere and something interesting pops up on Facebook), but I do not like viewing videos on the small screen and must mute the volume to avoid disturbing those around me (I don't typically carry headphones). I do not have an easy way to watch videos on my TV so I don't do it except in very special cases.

-I rarely watch playlists created by YouTube Channels. When I am looking for a video, I usually am only interested in one specific video, not an entire playlist that may contain videos I've seen before. Unless a playlist is all recent videos that are connected in some way (ex: a trip's worth of POVs all uploaded in the past month), I won't bother with them.

-I find most YouTube videos through social media. I do have a YouTube account, but I don't use it much and have not subscribed to any channels. There are a handful that I check regularly (including TPR), but other than that I watch videos that I see on Facebook or relate to a topic I'm searching for.

-I rarely share YouTube videos on social media. Unless I think a video will be of interest to all my friends, I don't share it as I don't want to bombard everyone's Facebook page with excessive content they won't care about.

-YouTube comments rot my brain and I stay far away from them. Some of the comments on the TPR forums can be very dumb, but even the worst are typically better than 90% of what is found on YouTube. I treat the comments section on that site like it doesn't exist.

I watch 99.9% of YouTube videos on my mobile device, I do nearly everything on my iPhone and iPad. TV is not a necessary thing in my life and I only use computer when doing tests and using Nolimits. Plus only my phone and my iPad have VPN to escape the Great Fire Wall of China. YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr etc cannot be opened on computers, even TPR cannot be accessed for a few hours every day.

I watch playlists if the videos are interesting. As of now I only watched a few playlist about roller coasters&flat rides history and some background music.

I watch most of my videos from my subscribed list, but I check popular page and social media shares as well. That is how I started browsing BuzzFeed.

I share YouTube videos on my social media roughly once every two days.

Comment is not really my thing for YouTube, I think I only commented three times in the past years.

About 60% I watch at work on a desktop Mac. The other 40% I watch at home, played from a Macbook, but on my TV, via HDMI cable, and if possible in Full HD.

I don't think I've ever commented on a YouTube video, I hit share from time to time (not very often). But I do read the YouTube comments (I ticked that they rot my brain away though), but only because I love to feel superior and smart - and YouTube comments NEVER fail to make me feel superior and smart. Muahah.

I mostly use my laptop or a desktop. If I see that you guys posted a video through FB or Twitter when I'm on a mobile device I kind of make a mental note to check out the FB page when I get back to my laptop. Only if I want to show people crazy rides I've been on at parks I've visited do I use my phone or iPad.

I also get the weekly subscription emails from YouTube and it'll tell me how many new videos TPR has posted.

I rarely use playlists because I find them annoying. I don't like how they autoplay especially if I'm keeping up with something like TPR's videos most items in the playlist I've seen and don't need to see them again at that time. Other times I just want to check out random TPR videos and i generally end up with 2 or 3 tabs open in my browser with YouTube on it. (one tab open with the video list and another with the actual video so I can close it out when it's done and pick my next video. An yes I'm sure there is an easier way to do it but that's what I do.)

I'm suprised more people don't cast/stream to their chromecast or appleTV. It's so easy and it's the primary way I watch youtube videos. I can just add a bunch to a queue and just cast em over. So easy and I can sit in my big chair and watch on my big TV! I hate sitting crouched over a desktop screen or a hot laptop on my legs having to see..... comments

EDIT: Just wanted to add that often if I see a video on TPR I'll usually check it out on my desktop and add it to my "watch later" or when i get home I'll go down to my subscriptions and look for whoever's page then look for new videos. Usually if it's something I really enjoyed I'll hit the share button and put it on facebook or twitter.

I mostly watch on my PC because I like to flick YouTube up to huge fullscreen, but I don't have any gear setup for watching on my lounge TV.

I'm very random in browsing videos, and usually just surf via Google searches for park or ride names, so pre-selected playlists or channels never really interest me.

It was actually through Google randomly finding one of Robb's incredible POV's on YouTube that I first discovered TPR!

I sometimes read a couple of other people's reactions on YouTube (for a laugh), but never comment there myself or share stuff, partly due to lack of time.

I usually watch YouTube on my computer. Sometimes I'll use my phone, but not too often.

I subscribe to about 15 channels and I check the My Subscriptions page a couple times per week. I rarely go directly to a channel.

As for sharing, I don't think I have ever shared a YouTube video on any social media site.

Primarily on my desktop but sometimes if I've got longer videos (like Last Week Tonight's 15-minute vids) I'll pop them on my Chromecast and go watch on my couch.

I rarely bother to check my subscribed channels, I honestly don't even know why I have 99% of the channels saved. TPR vids I'll watch as they're released when I see them on Twitter or Facebook, if I miss them I generally watch them eventually when I happen to go to my YouTube homepage. The vast majority of the things I watch on YouTube are through Reddit and they're embedded.

My favorite videos to watch are video game "Let's Play" videos because I can just leave them on in the background while I do work, so my primary device that I watch on is my computer.

I also like watching YouTube videos using my Wii U.

I usually watch my favourite you tube channels on my laptop. My mobile is "too old" to watch the videos.

I don't have an account on You Tube, so I don't comment the videos.

From time to time I go to You Tube and look around for new videos.