TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How do you watch YouTube?

Please select ALL the options that apply to you. (Read the instructions below)  

1,709 members have voted

1. 1. Please select ALL the options that apply to you. (Read the instructions below)

• My *main* YouTube viewer is my laptop/desktop
    • My *main* YouTube viewer is my mobile device
    • I watch YouTube on a set top box on my TV (Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, etc)
    • I actively watch playlists created by YouTube Channefluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo
    • I rarely watch playlists created by YouTube Channefluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo
    • I find most YouTube videos through the channefluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo I'm subscribed to
    • I find most YouTube videos through social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
    • I often share YouTube videos on social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
    • I rarely share YouTube videos on social media
    • I often comment on YouTube videos
    • YouTube comments rot my brain and I stay far away from them

80% of my TPR YouTube viewing is on my PC at work.

20% on my latest and greatest iPhone 6.

Robb, I think it's great you value our opinion and are looking to optimize the user experience. You could easily just not give a sh*t.

Luckily that is not the case. Keep up the good work!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 4 possible things I could do when I go onto youtube:

~ I go to My Subscriptions. I then click on the first video I see that I really want to see (if it's made by someone I love like ukinojoe, timmyfelldownthewell, cyriak, tpr, etc.). I usually then go on a long video watching spree sprouting from that video. To do this, I click on one of the related videos of that video, watch it, then click on a related video of that, and so-on and so-forth.

~ I have something i want to search in mind, so I go to the search bar and search it. This also sprouts a video spree.

~ I go to one of my subscription's channels and watch their old videos.

~ I go back to my favorites list and watch them again.

I rarely watch non-embedded videos on my phone. Part of that is due to not having Wi-Fi at work, so I try not to kill my Data Plan. I'll watch most videos through my PC. No current capability to stream to my TV, not that high-tech yet!

As for finding videos, I'm only subscribed to a couple channels, TPR and Attractions Mag being two prominent ones. I'll flip through and watch some videos, but I'm not the dedicated diehard youtuber. Ain't nobody got time fo that!

I mostly watch youtube from my laptop, but every once in a while I'll airplay my screen to the appleTV in my room. I really am not a fan of watching videos on my phone.

I love the TPR channel for the crazy out of the way parks and coasters featured. I'll also admit I rarely do the playlist/suggested videos thing. If it's not something I'm subscribed to, I probably won't see it (unless I'm forwarded from another site which embedded it). But hey, I've subbed the TPR videos for a while now.

*Edit: I also wish there was an option for reading comments. I love to read hilarious responses, but don't comment much (thanks to Google+ being shoved down my throat)

Robb-

I do most of my Youtube watching on my phone, but I watch all of the TPR Youtube videos on my big screen tv. The quality is WAY too good to waste it using a phone, and my computer still has a CRT monitor. I have a Sony Blu Ray player and use the Youtube App built in to it to stream the videos on my tv.

I am subscribed to the TPR channel, and frequently share the videos on Facebook which is the only form of social media I really use.

• 3 weeks later...

I definitely do most of my watching on my desktop. However, we stream often to the TV as we have Google Fiber (internet) and it's an option now to watch YouTube on our TV. And, yes, the TPR videos have great quality on our TV. (and yep, I answered the entire poll too).

I primarily watch Youtube videos on my laptop, but will occasionally use my phone. I subscribe to a bunch of channels, and I check them out first thing to see if any new content has been posted, but I also watch videos on channels that I'm not subscribed to. I make sure I watch a wide variety of videos, from theme park stuff (obviously) to food reviews to random tutorials. I sometimes share videos via social media (mainly if I'm trying to win a Bag-of-Crap), but a lot of people don't share my interests, so I don't want to seem overbearing. I rarely comment on a video, however, when I do, I make sure it's relevant and actually contributes something worthy of discussion.

TPR videos are pretty much the only thing I watch on youtube, outside of the random cat video of course. I find a lot of the videos are just total garbage, so I don't make it a point to really bother with the site outside of the websites that I frequent.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...