TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How do you watch YouTube?

Please select ALL the options that apply to you. (Read the instructions below)  

1,709 members have voted

1. 1. Please select ALL the options that apply to you. (Read the instructions below)

• My *main* YouTube viewer is my laptop/desktop
    • My *main* YouTube viewer is my mobile device
    • I watch YouTube on a set top box on my TV (Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, etc)
    • I actively watch playlists created by YouTube Channefluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo
    • I rarely watch playlists created by YouTube Channefluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo
    • I find most YouTube videos through the channefluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo I'm subscribed to
    • I find most YouTube videos through social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
    • I often share YouTube videos on social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
    • I rarely share YouTube videos on social media
    • I often comment on YouTube videos
    • YouTube comments rot my brain and I stay far away from them

PLEASE READ AND RESPOND WITH YOUR FEEDBACK!

I'm sure most of you are aware that TPR has a YouTube channel, and if you know about it, then you probably also know that we have had an incredibly active summer (THANK YOU FOR WATCHING!!!) We have been blown away by the level of engagement from our forum members, YouTube subscribers, etc on our channel. And because of that, we want to ask you some questions about how you use YouTube so that it will help us to make for a better channel.

Your feedback is VERY important!

I would like to ask all of you to take the poll above and to PLEASE comment below on your YouTube usage. The questions we've asked above are some of the things we are interested in, but it doesn't stop there. Anything you'd like to add is VERY valuable. What you mostly watch. How you find content. What drives you to YouTube. How long do you watch a video for, etc. As much as you can tell us would be very useful.

Let me explain some of the questions so you guys know how to respond:

Answer one of the following two:

My main YouTube viewer is my laptop/desktop

My main YouTube viewer is my mobile device

Check the box if you DO watch on your TV, even if you also watch on other devices. Please also respond and tell us what set top box you use:

I watch YouTube on a set top box on my TV (Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, etc)

I actively watch playlists created by YouTube Channels

I rarely watch playlists created by YouTube Channels

I find most YouTube videos through the channels I'm subscribed to

I find most YouTube videos through social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc)

I often share YouTube videos on social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc)

I rarely share YouTube videos on social media

I often comment on YouTube videos

YouTube comments rot my brain and I stay far away from them

Again, your feedback is VERY VERY useful. Thank you for helping us out!

--Robb Alvey

ps. If you're not a forum member, please register for an account - it's FREE! We would love your feedback!

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always watch YouTube videos on my desktop. I always go on YouTube and go straight to "My Subscriptions" and see what's new from those channels. TPR had a very active September and I went on YouTube nearly every day looking at the amazing videos TPR has posted. I don't comment too often but when I do I usually comment to something relevant to the video and not bad mouth or criticize the video in any way. Oh, and I "Like" every TPR video because they are just that awesome!

Jimmy "Maybe I should update my YouTube page" Bo

i pretty much watch 95% on one of my mac's.

i have, chromecast, roku, and apple tv, but do not watch youtube on them at all.

i do find a lot of content on facebook, then most always hit the youtube link to actually watch in youtube. mostly for the bigger size, and because they don't count if i don't? is that true? either way, i do it mostly for screen size.

I watch YouTube mostly on my laptop/desktop

I watch YouTube mostly on my mobile device

Just wanted to add, I answered laptop/desktop, but I definitely use mobile as well.

I figured the majority of people probably do both, but I am more interested to know where people watch videos the most, what their default viewer is, etc. (but thanks for the feedback as I'm super happy you responded!)

Edited by robbalvey

I almost always watch on my phone or iPad, generally through Facebook or Twitter links. I do subscribe to some channels but only occasionally look at those. Definitely share via social media if I like something enough.

YouTube seems to attract the worst of online discussion, I don't think I've ever commented there!

I 95 percent of the time use the You Tube app on my iPhone 5s. I also often use my iPhone to stream this content to my Apple tv. I do not have cable so the Apple Tv delivers my content. I also watched coaster wars season 3 via iTunes. The other day you told me I would have to watch a video via my desktop. It was like asking me to go back in time. Wasn't interested. I am not saying that using a desktop/laptop is negative I just find it a hassle compared to the convience of my phone and my Apple tv. If I am on my PC, I am probably editing or posting a video.

I also often use my iPhone to stream this content to my Apple tv.

This is great information. We are very interested to know how many people stream to a TV in their living room. We have been uploading everything for the last few years is broadcast quality HD so it should look (I hope) really great on the set top box!

The other day you told me I would have to watch a video via my desktop. It was like asking me to go back in time. Wasn't interested.

Yeah, it's a bummer. Sometimes attraction or show videos, especially Disney or Universal related ones will block from being viewed on a mobile device. We are allowed to use the music and content, but it's blocked because the rights holders are afraid that some people may use that video in place of buying an actual song. Even though in almost every case, our version of the song in a video doesn't come close to what you'd buy on iTunes as it's part of a show or a ride. Oh, well, it doesn't happen that often, thankfully.

I mostly watch YouTube through my Kindle Fire. I subscribe to channels but I only watch them half the time. I do comment on videos only as humor attempts or to mock people.

I almost never watch on YouTube on my TV unless I have friends over. But on those days we're usually browsing the weird part of Youtube lol.

I'm only subscribed to 6 or 7 channels on YouTube. With each channel I get updates in an email when a new video comes out. I rarely watch videos on my phone unless I want to show someone. I didn't even know it was possible to watch on my tv, I actually just found a way on my DirecTV box, but it is way harder to do than just using my computer. I don't have a facebook, twitter, or other social media account so I don't do the sharing part. I never even read the comments anymore on the YouTube pages because they are ridiculous.

-I'm a strong laptop user, though between classes I carry my iPad around so I can surf, post, and view on the go (when wifi is available).

-I don't comment on YouTube videos as much as I used to, mainly from when more brainless zombies began learning how to use a keyboard. It also made it not worth bothering scrolling through anymore once quantity overshadowed quality.

Glad to see TPR is one of those channels anyone with a YouTube account that likes roller coasters is likely subscribed to. I go to certain parks (well, a recent visit to Kentucky Kingdom) and sometimes literally hear people talking about crazy park videos you've posted. This is GP speaking, too.

Edited by Midgetman82

About 99% of my Youtube views are from laptop. I check Youtube everyday; if I'm online, I'm either surfing Youtube, checking out forums, or playing games. I don't really share videos through social stuff like Facebook and Twitter, but I tend to show my friends videos I like when they or I come over.

As for comments... I tried them once. It was awful. Now I just look and amuse myself, watching the little trolls yell at each other.

Edited by StuckInSD

I go to certain parks (well, a recent visit to Kentucky Kingdom) and sometimes literally hear people talking about cray park videos you've posted. This is GP speaking, too.

It's crazy. We've most certainly become more well known through the YouTube channel lately around parks and the industry than even the website or the forum and it's taken us by surprise. We had two videos go "viral" this summer and that most certainly helped. This is exactly why the feedback is important so we can improve the YouTube channel even more!

We know people like the content we post, so that question is answered, but HOW people watch it and how they interact with it is what is kind of important right now.

I use both my mobile device and laptop about 50/50 to watch coaster videos but if I have the choice I'll always watch them on my laptop, so that's why I voted that way.

I don't have any social media accounts, but I always watch new TPR videos when they are posted on the homepage or on the Twitter feed on the homepage. A lot of times, though, I'll see them first when I log into YouTube.

I hardly watch playlists anymore. I'll either just watch the newer videos or I'll just search a rides name if I want to watch that certain ride POV.

I never comment on the videos, so I had to choose the second option, but I do glance through them sometimes. However, most of the time I'll only read one or two because eventually I'll see a comment from that one guy who just HAS to comment "I want to drive this thing! Haha I'm so funny!". At that point I have to close out of YouTube and wash my eyes out and cry a little bit.

About once a week I'll pull up TPR's channel on my phone and cast it to my living room tv via Chromecast. I do this because watching on my phone or even iPad is just too small for anything but a quick fix. The channel is excellent on tv, it's a family event, we don't watch a lot of tv, but we cruise through a few of our subscribed channels new videos and then go check out the trending ones.

BTW, thank you for positing the Frozen ice show that we watched this week... I hadn't heard "Let it Go" enough yet...

I view YouTube videos on my desktop and my android phone and tablet via the app or the mobile browser via desktop mode if "the video is not available for viewing on mobile devices." I rarely watch playlists created by YouTube Channels. I find most YouTube videos through the search bar, but I also find videos through the channels I'm subscribed to and social media (Facebook) I rarely share YouTube videos on social media. I often comment on YouTube videos and used to spend a lot of time rotting my brain by engaging in comment wars.

I watch mostly on a computer, sometimes on a mobile since my computer is being worked on.

I usually search topics to watch on Youtube, plus watch videos my friends share online.

I rarely comment, but sometimes I enjoy reading comments.

I checked the 2 above that applied, but there was no option for people who find videos by searching subjects.

I hope this helps.

I checked the 2 above that applied, but there was no option for people who find videos by searching subjects.

I hope this helps.

It does. Thank you. We included boxes for the information we needed to know, so if there wasn't a box, it wasn't part of the vital feedback we are looking for, but it's great that you wrote it in in your response. Thanks!