TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What coaster do you think will get scrapped next?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? BDK at great adventure? That ride is one of the newest ones and it's really fun! Not sure why every tends to get on the wagon and trash it.

I'd say Stinger at Dorney. Most likely the bobsleds at The Great Escape. They're long overdue for a new coaster and the bobsleds are a nightmare to maintain.

Knott's Berry Farm: I thought Timberline Twister was a goner, but since it survived the Camp Snoopy renovation I'm guessing Boomerang.

Six Flags Magic Mountain: For actually getting scrapped, I'd bet on Viper, but I wouldn't be surprised if either Scream or Green Lantern got relocated before that.

I know I've brought this up before but Iron Dragon does huge numbers every year and it's ridiculously popular. Robb is usualy right on with these types of predications so I wouldn't be shocked if he was right about this one but personally I don't see the point in removing Iron Dragon. I guess we'll wait and see.

Edited by coasterbill

I could also see Corkscrew getting the axe, though I'm guessing Iron Dragon is more of a maintenance issue.

For some reason I also see Iron Dragon going before Corkscrew.

I agree with that. First off corkscrew is way to iconic for that park, second it takes up such a small footprint that if they took it out they would not have many choices to replace it with.

Iron dragon I could see going.

I see CCMR leaving first and being replaced with a similar ride.

However I pray that NInja at SFSTL leaves next! Hate that ride.

Can you imagine a world without Grizzly @ GCA?

I found Grizzly to be mildly fun. While it lacked airtime, it was smooth and had some laterals. Plus it's a perfect transition coaster to allow riders to work up the courage for rides like Gold Striker.

TGE: Alpine Bobsled. I have a strong feeling 2015 will be it's last year operating.

I really like the Alpine Bobsled, but I agree that it is likely on the way out soon. That ride has seemingly been on the block for years and keeps on avoiding its demise.

Response time!!!!

I found Grizzly to be mildly fun. While it lacked airtime, it was smooth and had some laterals. Plus it's a perfect transition coaster to allow riders to work up the courage for rides like Gold Striker.

I honestly do not despise Grizzly. You do bring up nice points, such as that it is relatively smooth, and makes for a nice transition coaster. But I still think it's fun to joke about the ride every now and then, especially the tedium of the first turnaround. Plus, you have no idea how many GP riders i've watched get screwed over by the lapbar belt at unloads. (Seriously, Morgan. What?)

Nostalgia Critic Meme FTW!

For full effect, watch gif with this song.