TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parks that Don't Get Crowded

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frontier City rarely has a line above 5 minutes on most weekdays and weekends. Even during their Halloween event, the longest line will be 45 minutes on Wildcat since it has a very low capacity. All the other rides are 30 minutes or less because they have really good operations!

Michigan's Adventure was dead on a Saturday in May this year, but it was early season. I heard their weekends can get insane later in the summer.

Their weekends (especially Saturdays) get quite busy in July and August, but still lines are under a half hour for their dry rides. The water park, on the other hand, can be a complete zoo, especially when it's north of 80 degrees

You'd be surprised at the lines Joker's Jinx, Batwing and Superman usually have. Especially during Fright Fest.

We always go during Fright Fest for some reason, and I agree. I'm always surprised by the zero minute wait for Joker's Jinx and the 10 minute waits for Batwing and Superman.

Knoebels. Unless it's PPP.

dt

Yeah or one of those BOGO weekends. Never again... holy crap.

But seriously... Dorney. This thread should be all about Dorney.

I've heard Holiday Park doesn't get that busy either... At least in September.

I visited this park the end of June in 2016, combined with Europa-Park and Plopsa Coo. While Europa was really packed (okay it's Europa, I know), literally everything in Holiday Park and Plopsa Coo was a station wait.

I visited this park the end of June in 2016, combined with Europa-Park and Plopsa Coo. While Europa was really packed (okay it's Europa, I know), literally everything in Holiday Park and Plopsa Coo was a station wait.

Does Phantasialand get that busy?

Does Phantasialand get that busy?

Yes, Phantasialand can get very crowded. And it's already a small park, so it gets packed pretty fast. I visited the park in September, and crowds were okay. Most of the rides 20-30 minutes, except for Taron that was all day 60+ minutes.

As many others have said, Dorney Park is the one that comes to mind for me. I can go on a Saturday in the middle of summer and most things are walk-ons with the exception of the Wild Mouse, but that's because of incredibly poor operations and it's still only a 20-30 minute wait at worst. I think the longest wait I've seen for the major coasters would be a whopping 15 minute wait the first time I rode Steel Force. The funny thing is that the park is never dead. Lines just never seem to develop for anything.

I can name a few smaller parks that never seem to get lines (Funtown USA, Palace Playland, Quassy, Santa's Village, etc) but as far as big ones, Dorney is the only one that jumps out.

Waterville USA, and Kings Island sometimes the longest i had to wait was for The Beast everything else either a 5min wait, or a 20 min wait.

Waterville USA is not a really park in the context of the original post, it is a roller coaster attached to a water park