TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Reviving and killing flatrides and rollercoaster styles

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revive: The Schwarzkopf and old Huss ride catalogs. Many of the old school flats should be brought back, with new technology of course, and Arrow style coasters.

Not revive: Premier spaghetti bowl coasters, i.e. Flight of Fear, Joker's Jinx

Kill off: B&M flying coasters since stand-ups are already pretty much dead

I would revive the Intamin Blitz coaster.

Umm...there was one built just this year (2014) in Turkey. I wouldn't exactly call them dead. Not to mention Cheetah Hunt in 2011 and iSpeed in 2009.

I would revive: the Schwarzkopf loopers. Those loops...

I would not revive: the Arrow loopers. The designs were just bad in general.

I would kill of: Like everyone else is saying...the Volares. Maybe some Boomerangs and SLCs too.

No man should have this much power.

I'd Revive: The ancient wooden coaster types that have been long forgotten (Virginia Reels, Switch-backs, Prior & Church's woodies); Flying Turns is getting close, but we need MORE. Also Intamin Shoot-the-Chutes with near vertical drops (RIP Perilous Plunge).

I'd Not Revive: Inverting wooden roller coasters done wrong (Hades 360, Son of Beast).

I'd Kill Off: Really bad and sketchy Chinese knock-off rides. And Goudurix.

Revive: Togo Ultratwisters. No, seriously; they were the only company to actually pull off this type of coaster successfully. Intamin only built one and last I checked it's SBNO, and Arrow's pipeline coaster never made it out of prototyping.

Can't really say what to kill off or not bring back, but Ultratwisters should definitely be brought back.

Revive Intamin 1st generation drop towers and enterprises

Not revive Zamperla Disko's (any size I don't care) .....But not the skaters, I like those

kill off: Those stupid Moby Dick rides, so pointless

Rollercoasters:

Revive: Arrow coasters, make them better and get them back on the map

Not revive: Hybrid RMC's (at the rate they're going, enthusists are just gonna become stale to them and start bitching, cause that's what they do )

Kill off: Crazy Mouse coasters (cheap and just pain awful.)

How about bringing all of those great old HUSS carnival / funfair rides? They don't make the Take Off, or the Flipper, or the Magic... I'm sure I'm missing a few. Maybe they should make "G2" models like the new Condor?

How about bringing all of those great old HUSS carnival / funfair rides? They don't make the Take Off, or the Flipper, or the Magic... I'm sure I'm missing a few. Maybe they should make "G2" models like the new Condor?

They don't even make the topspin 2 or breakdance 2 and 3 or frisbee anymore.

Enterprise G2! Maybe give the Fly Away another chance, too?