TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's Your Coaster Crush?

Is there a coaster that you just felt you were in love with it as soon as you see it? Even a particular part of that coaster? I know this is kind of weird but I can't be the only one to have a coaster crush. (And I know saying you want to ride your crush is even weirder)

Mine are New Texas Giant and Cheetah Hunt. I just feel like watching the off-ride videos are much better than on-ride videos. They just look so graceful. I just think the shape of New Texas Giant's turn into the MCBR and the drop off the MCBR are the best looking part of the ride, look at the last car when the train goes off the MCBR Cheetah Hunt, definitely the tower.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they have to be out already? Mine are Fury 325 and Thunderbird.

Fury is just massive. It has some nice looking overbanks, and the color scheme.... I want to have that coaster's child!

Thunderbird looks great! Glad to see B&M stepping into the launch game and I hope more coasters come out like it.

Other than B:TR, I kinda knew what to expect from Six Flags' new coasters. Don't get me wrong, they look amazing, but everyone knew what SFMM and SFNE were getting. I will say though, I do love Wicked Cyclone's color scheme.

I really want to get on the Beast at night, it seems like an incredible experience and I need to get up to KI soon.

The Incredible Hulk at Islands of Adventure. I visited the park 4 times (2004, 2006, 2009, 2014) and it was only on that final time I brought up the courage to ride it, but the moment I saw it I was in love with how it looked. I've had other rides I enjoy more aesthetically, but this was odd and notable as it took a lot longer to ever ride it in the first place, making it more of a 'crush'.

Big Thunder at Disneyland Paris.

This is like the experience you got, when you entered Tokyo Disney Sea for the first time.

You don't see a castle in the middle of the park. It's a volcano! Mount Prometheus, actually.

I found this exactly like BTM in Paris. You enter Frontierland, and you don't just see

an island with the Rivers of America going around it. Big Thunder Mountain is ON

the island! Not Tom Sawyer, like in Disneyland and WDW MK. Brilliant. I always love

looking at it and watching the trains rush by, at various spots you can see.

Can't wait for the 'date' with BTM, one year from now.

When I was little I always thought Magnum would be the best coaster I ever rode. I remember watching povs of it and thinking of how amazing it looked. Now that I've ridden it I'm less impressed.

I think Leviathan is one of the most beautiful coasters. I love the roar and how smooth it is and it's so vibrant.

While I've never ridden Drachen Fire, it was one beautiful ride. The layout, trains, unique B&M supports with the traditional Arrow track, and the color scheme just made it stand out.

Any arrow with Box supports. They just looks amazing.

It's a pure aesthetic reason, but every B&M. Just the way they look, with those minimalist supports, the particular track style, and that roar, make them look like pieces of modern art as much as roller coasters.

I agree with these as well.

Being able to see The Voyage when you pull into the parking lot and watching it get bigger right before your eyes as you get closer.

Other than that, I have to say the incredible pacing of Iron Rattler, Medusa and Outlaw Run really grabbed me when I saw the off-ride shots. Those coasters haul some serious ass.

I definitely have a thing for large-scale white wash wooden coasters. Rides like the original Colossus, Great American Scream Machine (SFOG), American Eagle, and Racer are all just beautiful! So classy and timeless looking.

Unfortunately, since the advent of pressure treated wood, white woodies are no longer standard, but that makes those that remain that much more valuable.

Also, any and all Schwartzkopf coasters.

My coaster crush goes to Top Thrill Dragster. To me everything about it is amazing! The speed, the height! Everything! I know it is a "one trick pony" But that is an amazing one trick! I can seriously sit in the grand stands all day and just watch this amazing piece of machinery work!

When I was a little kid, the first coaster I was ever smitten by was the Giant Dipper at Belmont Park. You're just walking down the beach and BAM, there's a coaster right there! The way it rattled, the cool little tunnel at the beginning, and just the fact that it's literally a woodie in the middle of a beach city AT the beach. Also for the fact that at any given moment it felt like it was going to fall apart into a million pieces . Now I go nuts whenever I see any beach coaster or old woodie (or even better, a beach woodie ).

Mine has to be probably Gatekeeper. I love the keyholes and it just looks so beuatiful. I have to say B&M's are very attractive beasts. Intamin i prefer because of the intensity but B&M wins my vote for best looks.

Edit- honorable mention would have to be any woodie that has a massive wooden structure with curves and your typical lattice work. Examples would be Mean Streak, White Cyclone, Son of the Beast.

I based my opinion on looks and not by the ride itself.