TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Poll : Wicked Cyclone or Twisted Colossus

Wicked Cyclone or Twisted Colossus  

221 members have voted

1. 1. Wicked Cyclone or Twisted Colossus

• Wicked Cyclone
    • Twisted Colossus

How many times have you gotten off of a ride and wished you could ride it again? Or got right back in line? No need to do that now. You get to experience it twice (second time being slightly different actually after watching the video again) without having to wait again.

And this is actually not even close to be accurate either. The two sides are different...VERY different. It will be like riding Smiler where you have an entire experience that's broken up by a lift hill. While I agree with those saying that I'd rather have a 4,500 foot ride that happens all at once, that concept for Colossus doesn't exist and what we currently have is WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY better than the old Colossus, which hasn't been a good ride since 1985.

I'm not a huge fan of having a lift hill in the middle of a coaster, but that doesn't mean I not/wasn't a fan of rides like Big Bad Wolf, The Beast, Smiler, Takabisha, Big Thunder Mountain, etc....

I have to agree with Robb on this one unfortunately. Twisted Colossus is unique because it has VERY different sides, and it looks HELL of a lot better then the original Colossus, and I'm a wooden coaster preserver!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I think the fact that it has two lifts was almost an "excuse" for SF to not have a longer layout for each side. Because, as it is now, it doesn't seem short but I think they could have made it longer given that they have two lifts. (on the pov the train looks like it carries a lot of speed into the second lift).

Both these rides look great so it's hard to tell. However, right now, I'm a bit more exited for cyclone as I think they made the most out of it.

^I think the fact that it has two lifts was almost an "excuse" for SF to not have a longer layout for each side. Because, as it is now, it doesn't seem short but I think they could have made it longer given that they have two lifts. (on the pov the train looks like it carries a lot of speed into the second lift).

Both these rides look great so it's hard to tell. However, right now, I'm a bit more exited for cyclone as I think they made the most out of it.

This statement. Yes.

TC looks very unique, and as others have said, you basically get two rides in one, however, WC looks like the overall better designed ride. I remember one of the RMc designers saying some of their best designs come from having to work with limitations, and I believe WC demonstrates that perfectly (more compact, and I imagine less space to work with).

Both look amazing though~!

Perhaps the blocking and computer systems on Twisted Colossus are more sophisticated than we are anticipating. I would like to hope that as long as Six Flags runs at least 2 trains on TC that the computer and blocking systems will do the rest.

LIke people were pointing out how when Dueling Dragons dueled the lift hill speeds would adjust etc; THAT WAS IN '98! The advancement of computers has increased 100 fold since then.

You're missing the point. We trust the computers and technology.

As others have said and pointed out we don't trust that people won't throw things, that they will run it with the correct amount of trains to keep the dueling going, etc.

Just wanted to chime in on the "throwing things" concerns. The reasons IOA had to act were because the incident was highly publicized and resulted in true injury to the victim (loss of his eye).

I was under the impression that the injury occurred during one of Dragon Challenge's fly-by moments where the trains were moving directly TOWARDS eachother. Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think Twised Colossus has any of these. The risk of someone throwning an object at a train moving the SAME direction as their own train is far less than a fly-by moment.

EDIT: Six Flags may still choose to ignore this and de-sync the trains, but I'm trying to hope for the best.

Wicked Cyclone, because it is NOT in California.

But you can't go get a Double-Double animal-style right after riding Wicked Cyclone, now, can you?

Ugh. I just have to rant about this...

In-N-Out is the most overrated restaurant on the planet. I really think people like it just because they have been told "You have to think it's cool, and people on your Facebook page will think you're cool if you check in here."

I lived most of my life with one ten minutes away from my house. I didn't dislike it, but I never understood why people went crazy for it. The burgers are not that amazing. They are "ok" at best. Shake Shack, Five Guys, Burger 21, The Counter all have better burgers.

But I guess there isn't any bragging rights at those restaurants, are there? The awful pretentiousness of your average southern Californian "I'm better than you because I live here" a$$hat was one of the main reasons I had to get away from that terrible state.

/end rant

--Robb "I'd rather go to White Castle." Alvey

I see what you're saying. Unfortunately, I'm actually a Central Valley "Why would you even live here?" (to quote your word, "a$$hat" ) type. And I secretly prefer other places too, but I don't really have a choice most of the time.

Back to topic: Both look awesome. The end.

EDIT: I would like to add that I sincerely apologize for derailing the thread...maybe I should just shut up now before I dig my hole any deeper.

Edited by The49er

Wicked Cyclone looks awesome, maybe the best RMC yet!

When I saw Twisted Colossus, I kind of had a 'meh' moment. It looks great and all, but I don't think it would be that good without the racing aspect of the ride. I mean, the high five element and the top gun look great when racing, but if Six Flags chooses to de-sync the ride, it would be kind of boring. But as long as SFMM keeps TC racing, it should be a great ride!

In and Out is roughly half the price of Five Guys for a burger that is on par. The ingredients are notably fresh, and the fries are very unique, well cooked, and consistent compared to other chains. Service there is also top notch. For price vs. other chains In and Out is a HUGE winner, and their entire menu easily outclasses ubiquitous options like BK, Mcdonalds, White Castle, Carl's Jr, and Wendy's. Hype deserved, though if I lived in Cali I'd probably be long over "it".

On topic, Twisted Colossus>Wicked Cyclone because it is both unique and thrilling for GP and enthusiasts. Hits on all levels.

Edited by BlahBlahson

Even though I probably won't get to ride either of these coasters, WC is the one I'm most looking forward to. I don't know what it is, but TC just looks like it's missing something, like it just looks really bare compared to the wall of wood that was the original Colossus.

^Funny you mention that. Even though WC looks like the better ride, WC is in fact the one that comes across as sorta "meh"/missing something... However, with TC, I just can't stop thinking of that "Top Gun Stall" over the other track section

I also feel that the coasters will look a lot better in the flesh (or in this case, wood and steel ). I've never liked the recent six flags animations... In particular the TC one... Seriously?, the whole trademark six flags apocalyptic clouds/sunset... But with totally un-fitting music?!?!??... Total fail

I see what you're saying. Unfortunately, I'm actually a Central Valley "Why would you even live here?" (to quote your word, "a$$hat" ) type. And I secretly prefer other places too, but I don't really have a choice most of the time.

And this is exactly the kind of fake, pretentious attitude which makes me hate the stereotypical Southern Californian. Here's an idea... Instead of being fake and saying you like something because you *think* it will make you sound cooler of better than the next person, why don't you just have a real, honest opinion like a normal human? Oh, that's right... It's because you're a Californian.

In and Out is roughly half the price of Five Guys for a burger that is on par. The ingredients are notably fresh, and the fries are very unique, well cooked, and consistent compared to other chains. Service there is also top notch.

Not saying the ingredients aren't fresh or the price isn't good, just saying that it's not deserving of the bragging rights it gets. I'd disagree that the service is top notch. While I realize they make them to order, I have had many visits to In-n-Out where I've waited 20-30 minutes for a "slightly better than average" burger. I've never waited that long at Five Guys and they also make them to order.

--Robb "This is much more entertaining than discussing roller coasters!" Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

^I grew up in California, and I prefer Five Guys, too, because they actually make the burger the way I want it (more choices in condiments). In 'n' Out burgers are good, but I don't like having 1,000 Island dressing anywhere near my hamburger.

That being said, I'd like to put this thread back on track by saying that Twisted Colossus will be the better of the two if Magic Mountains runs it properly.

I'm going with Twisted Colossus. Even if/when SFMM doesn't time the trains right to make them duel, I still feel it'll be better because you get two rides in one, and the amount of airtime appears to be more than WC (when you factor in both sides of TC). Either way, they're both RMCs, and they both will be fantastic!

Can there ever be a conversation about California without In-N-Out being brought up, I wonder.

Anyway, I chose Twisted Colossus. Just because I felt child-like excitement watching that video for the first time. Of course, Wicked Twister looks like it's going to be an amazing ride, but there's just something about those high-five elements. I really hope there are 18 moments of airtime, California needs it.

Both look great. I'd go for Twisted Colossus if it's running both trains, otherwise Wicked Cyclone is my pick.

And Five Guys > In N Out. I think both do good burgers but when your menu has like three things on it there is no excuse for making people wait 20 minutes for their food...

• 2 weeks later...

I originally said that I thought Twisted Colossus was going to be better, but now I've changed my mind. After seeing Wicked Cyclone's animated POV, I think that it will really be a mind-blowing ride with extreme intensity and tons of airtime. Don't get me wrong, TC will still be amazing, but my gosh, Wicked Cyclone is looking like a bucket list ride for me.

No preference for me between WC and TC, so I didn't vote. They both look amazing

As for Five Guys vs. In-N-Out, I would probably take Five Guys over In-N-Out. I don't really love burgers, so the huge variety of stuff they offer versus the simplicity of In-N-Out helps to customize a burger I'll actually enjoy. Although I do prefer In-N-Out's fries.

Yeah I don't think awesome RMC airtime twice around could ever be repetitive. I really don't get the negative towards that at all.

That said, WC looks epic. This coaster means serious business.

You're mistaken. I was directing the repetion towards the elements. It's very awesome and unique that it goes around twice but it really is just the same ride. Then again it is will be somewhat of a racer coaster.

WC just looks better to me.